• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 9th February 2017 
    Thanks

Hardly a difference? Am I dosing too low?

Hi everybody, I started Melanotan II about 2 weeks ago. I dosed 50-60mcg (.05-.06mg) the first time before going on a trip to Mexico. This trip was 1 week long, and I did not want to risk bringing it with me. Anyway, while at the trip, I stayed outside (3pm-6pm about) for a few hours each day without really seeing much other than how I would normally tan when being out. Then the following week I dosed 50mcg again right before a tanning session (15 min), and then about 4 days later, I dosed 50mcg again right before a 15 min tanning session. Finally, I just dosed 50mcg once again yesterday, but I did not tan yesterday and I cannot tan today due to a blizzard. Still, give the potency I heard about this stuff and given the fact that I'm a type II with already more than a base tan (2-3 years of moderate tanning bed use - twice a week), I expected to start browning up after dosing right before 15min tanning bed sessions.

Maybe I should mention that my batch was exactly 1 years old when I started (6 months kept in a drawer, and 6 months kept in the fridge). I can't imagine how much the product has degraded, but I do get facial flushes and feelings of warmness right after dosing. I can't say I see my moles darkening, though. So I really don't know. I am also using these microdoses because, 1: Safety 2: I'm only 120lbs, and 3: With a base tan, and activation with the sunbed, I thought these doses are more than enough.

How is my protocol? Am I just not being patient enough? Am I dosing way too low? Would love to achieve a light brownish color...
  2. #2 10th February 2017 
    Thanks
    not an expert but from everything I've read and heard is 3 months is pushing it as far as it losing effectiveness and degradation to where it could be noticeably ineffective. and that's 3 months in a fridge before you mix. before reconstitution. if you have mixed it and let it sit for 6 months. forget it. they say 2 weeks it will begin to degrade mixed even if in fridge. Fellow forum members feel free to chime in if I'm wrong. My guess is you may have to order a new batch
  3. #3 12th February 2017 
    Thanks

Cool

Your dosing to low you need at least 500mcg every day imo for results especially if your type 1 skin
  4. #4 13th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How did you get to this dosing? It's too low even for a small women.

0.25mg (250mcg) is minimum i would suggest anyone and even then just a first dose to see how your body reacts to it. As thatguy said if you want tan you will need to look at 0.5mg

Another thing i can suggest is if you want to run it as safe as possible and avoid side effects take small dose few times a day on the day you are out in the sun.
  5. #5 14th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for the tips, guys! I ordered a new melanotan vial, which should be coming any day. I'll also up my dosage to .25mg, and see how that goes. Hopefully I won't get very nauseous and turn into a tomato (extreme flushing). I could have sworn I saw other members praising the value of .025mg-.1mg dosages, but I guess for a lower skin type (type II), this just won't do it for me, or if it is working, it's much too gradual for my liking. Maybe .1mg once a week would be ideal for maintenance?

I will update any progress with the new dosing regime! Thanks again.
  6. #6 14th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Small correction: I believe I miscalculated. I only added 1ml (100 IU) of bacteriostatic water to the peptide, so since I've been using 5 units (sometimes accidentally 6), that'll actually correspond to .50 mg. I assume, then, that the potency of my current melanotan vial severely diminished. Hopefully my newer batch will deliver a stronger tanning effect. Will report back, as stated.
  7. #7 14th February 2017 
    Thanks
    i dont know if facial flush and nausea is a sign that melanotan is working but cmon after 1 year it should be completely off

i wouldnt dare to touch it
  8. #8 14th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I once read an article, can't find it now, but it stated that igf-1 which was reconstituted with Acetic Acid did not degrade at all after 2 years. Shame it did not say anything about melanotan, but i assume it could be the case with most peptides if not all.
  9. #9 16th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    I once read an article, can't find it now, but it stated that igf-1 which was reconstituted with Acetic Acid did not degrade at all after 2 years. Shame it did not say anything about melanotan, but i assume it could be the case with most peptides if not all.
    You'd expect a complex peptide like IGF-1 to degrade faster, also.
  10. #10 20th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Good news, guys (I think). I took my first dose of the NEW melanotan II yesterday (0.5mg) - 15 minutes before a 15 minute tanning bed session - and I'm thinking I'm looking darker already. It seems as if I have a subtle brown/orange shade over my face now, rather than a light olive skin tone, which I've been maintaining naturally with sunbed use ~twice a week. I expect to be even darker tomorrow as the full melanogenic response takes around 48 hrs.

I also notice a lot more sebum production in my skin (stimulation of MC5R activity, I presume). Since I've started tanning, my skin would get very dry in winter months, even with moisturizer, which of course accentuates all the tiny imperfections in texture. Now, my skin looks quite shiny and oily despite the colder weather and tanning bed use. I'm actually loving this effect because dewy skin looks younger and high sebum production in skin makes it less prone to develop wrinkles.

At this rate, maintenance phase may be closer than expected. I'll do another 0.5 mg dose before my 15 min. tanning session this upcoming Wednesday and see if I really start getting a strong brown tone. (I might even do one 0.5 mg dose on Tuesday, and then 0.5 mg on Wednesday rather than just on that Wednesday tanning day, but I'm not sure if that'll be overkill?) I might wanna go darker than I originally wanted to just to test the limits of this peptide and assure myself it's not my imagination, lol.
    Last edited by Ma Yas; 20th February 2017 at 12:25 AM.