• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 12th December 2016 
    Thanks

Most Melanotan 2 impure and vials contain less than advertised?

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled upon a study from 2014 where multiple 10 mg MT2 vials from three different shops were tested:

Most of the vials seem to have contained less than half of what they have been advertised to contain and impurities seem to be normal in most vials. This was 2014 and judging from a lot of people claiming the MT2 has become weaker over the years, I wonder how bad the situation in 2016 actually is.

Feels like most people are injecting pure trash into their body, which worries me a bit, because I also wanted to give MT2 a try.

Full PDF should be available here: https://sci-hub.ac/http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1655/pdf
  2. #2 13th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is websites names selling these underdosed products revealed?

Great finding btw, now it looks like 99% of online sources are selling underdosed products, i am just curious if they are aware of that themselves.
  3. #3 13th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    Is websites names selling these underdosed products revealed?
    Unfortunately, they mention no sources. The vials on the pictures in the PDF also do not have any labels, except for one shop. Shop "C" looks a lot like the vials offered by https://www.facebook.com/tan.labs. Could also be they just stole that picture, but Google turned nothing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    Great finding btw, now it looks like 99% of online sources are selling underdosed products, i am just curious if they are aware of that themselves.
    That's the question. I'm sure many are ordering from sellers in China, for example Alibaba ones, but I read in a few forums that there tend to be lots of scammers and people selling products without proper quality control.
  4. #4 15th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Great find! I wonder if there's a way we can dig more into this. I've considered forking out the money to get my own peptide synthesized, but many will not sell to a private individual.
  5. #5 19th December 2016 
    Thanks
    The problem would not be to get the melanotan but to test it for impurities etc. There are also some bulk suppliers who would simply rip you off.
  6. #6 20th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by melanothal View Post
    Unfortunately, they mention no sources. The vials on the pictures in the PDF also do not have any labels, except for one shop. Shop "C" looks a lot like the vials offered by https://www.facebook.com/tan.labs. Could also be they just stole that picture, but Google turned nothing up.

That's the question. I'm sure many are ordering from sellers in China, for example Alibaba ones, but I read in a few forums that there tend to be lots of scammers and people selling products without proper quality control.
    Each country has fake suppliers and also there are many fake suppliers on the intenet, so ask more info about them before selecting suppliers.
  7. #7 27th December 2016 
    Thanks
    @Daisy F

All the tested shops had barely half the amount of Melanotan 2 that was advertised in their vials. Aside from different body reactions, I'm sure that the different amounts of actual Melanotan 2 at different suppliers also resulted in completely different dosage recommendations from people who tried Melanotan 2. This is all horrible. I'd really like to try it, but I guess I'll wait until I'm able to get the powder tested somewhere in a laboratory.
  8. #8 29th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by melanothal View Post
    @Daisy F

All the tested shops had barely half the amount of Melanotan 2 that was advertised in their vials. Aside from different body reactions, I'm sure that the different amounts of actual Melanotan 2 at different suppliers also resulted in completely different dosage recommendations from people who tried Melanotan 2. This is all horrible. I'd really like to try it, but I guess I'll wait until I'm able to get the powder tested somewhere in a laboratory.
    Yes you are right, if you could find a lab to test the quality is better and the first order you can try a test 10vial or 1vial to test the quality.
  9. #9 3rd January 2017 
    Thanks
    it's pretty clear that they cut it to half to double their profit. They know for sure that we have no capability to test the product.
  10. #10 3rd January 2017 
    Thanks
    I would like a good source as well, or any feedback on lovemelanotan.com - this is the source I've been using. Or how to tell if the peptide is pure when you receive it...

Thanks.
  11. #11 3rd January 2017 
    Thanks
    You simply can't, unless you work in laboratory, have equipment and know everything about drug testing.

What i suggest is if you are getting good results from your current supplier - stick with it, at least you know its not fake.

You could be switching suppliers, but accordingly to that article all melanotan on the market is underdosed.
  12. #12 13th January 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for share, this is a gem, i have made an article on it, added to the blog, you can read it here : Studies Show Online Peptide Retailers Don’t Deliver What They Promise