• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 10th August 2016 
    Thanks

Bruising and red marks

This past week I'm noticing bruising at some injection sites and one day I had 3 small red areas on my skin close to an injection site. The red marks faded over the course of about 4 hrs. The bruising areas are small and still there.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Injecting too close to other injection sites? Bubbles in the needle? Piercing too deeply or not deeply enough?
  2. #2 10th August 2016 
    Thanks
    Your injection technique is probably a little wrong. It can bruise quite a bit if you get it incorrect, even if you dont feel a stab at the time.

Make sure you are injecting at a 45 degree angle and you will feel no pain and get no bruising. It is also very important of coruse to use some antiseptic wipes on the site before and even after to avoid swelling. Never use the same needle.

About brusing in general.. some people report cuts and bruises taking longer to heal when they use MT2. It is unusual. I cant say I have had this myself, but something to consider.
  3. #3 11th August 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks fabric.

I'm using antiseptic wipes and injecting at a 45 degree angle. I don't reuse the same needle to inject, but I'm not switching to a new needle after I draw out the m1 and bac water from the vial. I'm wondering now if I should. Is that what you mean when you say to never use the same needle?
  4. #4 11th August 2016 
    Thanks
    I'm also using a 29g needle instead of 30g bc the company I bought from didn't carry 30g. Maybe I should grab some thinner needles next go around.
  5. #5 11th August 2016 
    Thanks
    I also have a bruise from one of the injection sites from about 4 days ago. Still hasn't gone but I think it's faded a little. Slightly worrying actually. I hope it's just damaged tissue and not infection.