• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 23rd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Melanotan-2 tanning injections promoted as safe despite serious concerns

What do you think about Australian newspaper article ?

''Melanotan has been linked to heart, brain and kidney problems, as well as skin cancer''

Where is this coming from? Have you ever heard anyone having such problems from long term melanotan use? Skin cancer? Cmon it's quite opposite i believe. Tanning in general may cause skin cancer, not melanotan.

http://www.theage.com.au/ article

2. #2 24th May 2016 
    Thanks
    Most of it is true but the part you quoted is not.
    I have heard and read that it's possible to damage kidneys if you inject too much of melanotan. Overdose of Melanotan-II causes muscle breakdown

But brain, heart damage? Skin cancer? They could atleast back up their statements with some studies.
  3. #3 24th May 2016 
    Thanks
    The protein on tuna can cause liver damage (not kidding), do we ban tuna and alarm people? No, we said "hey, more than 5-7 grams of protein per kilo everyday could (COULD) cause this or that, be careful".
  4. #4 24th May 2016 
    Thanks
    I do agree with these claims to a certain extent, I have been getting mild headaches with MT2 (Nothing serious but noticeable). And I do know MT2 can cause a spike in blood pressure in some. As far as long term I don't know if these are serious but they can't be good. As with the skin cancer risk - who knows, it could accelerate cancers but having the tan it produces could protect. As far as kidney damage I'm sure if users are responsible with dosage this can be avoided, however because we have no idea under what conditions MT2 is produced and to what purity, who know what's really in it, there could be things like heavy metals contributing to kidney damage.