• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th February 2016 
    Thanks

Question skin type 1 want to try MT2 but lots of freckles, thoughts?

Hey guys im Skin type 1 with brown hair, and have been interested in MT2 for a while now. The problem is i have lots of light freckles and barely visable moles on my arms and face which im scared will get really dark and look awful, would low dosing MT2 at 0.1 or 0.2 every few days with a little UV exposure over a long period allow me to achieve a skin type 3-4 and maybe blend the freckles?

Anyone had similar skin to me prior MT2 usage and had success?

thx

(added some pics of my skin currently)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2 29th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I know a lot of red hair people use melanotan, even thought freckles may get darker, but so will all of your skin and final effect seems to be good. Don't worry about freckles getting permanently darker, once you stop melanotan they will fade along with the skin. I don't have personal experience to share, but i have heard that it works well for people with freckles, so i say go for it and if you can post some after photos.
  3. #3 29th February 2016 
    Thanks
    I have reddish hair and am prone to freckles, and have not had a single extra freckle from Melanotan.

I've found that once the peptide kicks in I stop making pheomelanin (freckles) and start creating eumelanin. As you have darker hair, your freckles may be eumelanin so could darken - but I'd put money on it being none-noticeable. You will tan quicker than your freckles darken, most people saying their freckles darken on MT2 are either a. massively over dosing or b. mistakingly thinking of moles as freckles.

Anyway you should be absolutely fine, just start LOW - give your body time to adapt to the peptide and this will also give you plenty of room to adjust your approach should freckles begin to darken.
  4. #4 1st March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by budabee View Post
    I have reddish hair and am prone to freckles, and have not had a single extra freckle from Melanotan.

I've found that once the peptide kicks in I stop making pheomelanin (freckles) and start creating eumelanin. As you have darker hair, your freckles may be eumelanin so could darken - but I'd put money on it being none-noticeable. You will tan quicker than your freckles darken, most people saying their freckles darken on MT2 are either a. massively over dosing or b. mistakingly thinking of moles as freckles.

Anyway you should be absolutely fine, just start LOW - give your body time to adapt to the peptide and this will also give you plenty of room to adjust your approach should freckles begin to darken.
    It definitely depends on what type of "freckle" it is. If it an actual "freckle" (Ephelide) it seems that they do not darken for people. That's what it looks like most of your spots are.

There are other spots that seem to darken more with Melanotan usage. These are "moles" (nevi), and "sunburn freckles" (lentigines). Nevi and lentigines are areas that the body recognizes as somewhat damaged, and thus puts more melanin there to protect it. It would make sense that Melanotan would darken these more. Look at people that are capable of tanning a lot - even if they are pale in winter - they have very dark moles that stand out a lot. Some people who have a lot of lentigines (from growing up with a fair skin type) probably dose Melanotan way too much too fast which is where the horror stories come from. They are not always that visible thus they can seem to appear from nothing.

A bit of conjecture on my part - but it makes sense to me based on somewhat extensive reading of the subject.
  5. #5 1st March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    It definitely depends on what type of "freckle" it is. If it an actual "freckle" (Ephelide) it seems that they do not darken for people. That's what it looks like most of your spots are.

There are other spots that seem to darken more with Melanotan usage. These are "moles" (nevi), and "sunburn freckles" (lentigines). Nevi and lentigines are areas that the body recognizes as somewhat damaged, and thus puts more melanin there to protect it. It would make sense that Melanotan would darken these more. Look at people that are capable of tanning a lot - even if they are pale in winter - they have very dark moles that stand out a lot. Some people who have a lot of lentigines (from growing up with a fair skin type) probably dose Melanotan way too much too fast which is where the horror stories come from. They are not always that visible thus they can seem to appear from nothing.

A bit of conjecture on my part - but it makes sense to me based on somewhat extensive reading of the subject.
    Thanks for this dude - makes a lot of sense, and ties in with what I've noticed as well
  6. #6 6th March 2016 
    Thanks
    it's genetic. there is nothing you can do to control freckles or moles. Personally I don't believe dosing very low even effects it that much. At leas tin comparison to genetic disposition.
    When i say genetic disposition, i don't even mean ginger + freckles, or having them in the first place. If i use myself as an example of something who has very dark red hair, and freckles (was born bright ginger) who use MT2, I did not gain any significant amounts of freckles despite dosing 0.5mg many times per week. At work i'd be out in the sun for 8+ hours. Only very few new freckles appeared. Tanned very well.

I did get a few darker moles, bu they already existed. they just got darker. Before hand they were too light to notice. Mt2 will enhance what is already present, mole wise.
    In contrast, some people with little freckles or moles get a ton of them from using Mt2.

So If you are very worried about it, it might be best to avoid using. however, The effects aren't permanent, so if you find that you have a disposition for gaining a lot of them form MT 2, you can stop using and it will fade