• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 6th February 2016 
    Thanks

Does IPL work for freckle removal and how does it mix with MT2?

If someone wanted to remove a face full of freckles would IPL be a viable option?
    After they have been removed would MT2 allow you to tan your face without those freckles coming back?
  2. #2 7th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Hey, I've used IPL for freckles on the face. It works to an extent, and it will definitely lift off any darker pigment. It won't pick up really faded freckles though and expect to need 3-4 treatments in total. Generally you have to wait a minimum of 4 weeks between treatments.

Yag q-switched lasers will be most efficient for complete removal, but expect to pay roughly double the price of IPL treatments. This isn't as bad as it sounds however, as you'll likely need less treatements (1 should be sufficient for a very noticeable change).

As for MT2 and IPL. IPL will be most effective when you are palest. The greater the contrast between your skin and the freckles, the more likely the light is to target the freckle and destroy the cell. If you have a tan, IPL will be ineffective and also hugely painful as your pigment absorbs more of the light energy.

So - IPL is a viable way to sort out hyperpigmentation before or after having completed MT, but combining them both at the same time is unwise.

Hope that helps
  3. #3 8th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by budabee View Post
    Hey, I've used IPL for freckles on the face. It works to an extent, and it will definitely lift off any darker pigment. It won't pick up really faded freckles though and expect to need 3-4 treatments in total. Generally you have to wait a minimum of 4 weeks between treatments.

Yag q-switched lasers will be most efficient for complete removal, but expect to pay roughly double the price of IPL treatments. This isn't as bad as it sounds however, as you'll likely need less treatements (1 should be sufficient for a very noticeable change).

As for MT2 and IPL. IPL will be most effective when you are palest. The greater the contrast between your skin and the freckles, the more likely the light is to target the freckle and destroy the cell. If you have a tan, IPL will be ineffective and also hugely painful as your pigment absorbs more of the light energy.

So - IPL is a viable way to sort out hyperpigmentation before or after having completed MT, but combining them both at the same time is unwise.

Hope that helps
    Thanks, this helped alot.
    Did you mention Yag q-switched lasers because you have used them before aswell?
    Also would they help reduce freckles on arms aswell?

In regards to MT2 I meant after the treatment. Will you be able to tan without many freckles appearing that were removed via the laser?
    What I mean is will there be no point in lasers if they freckles will just come back with MT2 use.

In all honesty my freckles are not that bad compared to some people, they have faded alot since I was younger and are not visible in most lighting however in daylight I definitely have a face full of them and would like to have clear skin like im sure everyone does.
  4. #4 9th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah I've used both, Yag is really painful - face will be red and sore afterwards - but it removed stubborn ones I couldn't get with IPL.

They would work on arms as well, arguably better on arms where skin is a bit tougher and they can use higher settings.

Everyone reacts different to MT2, but personally I don't get freckles whilst I'm on. I think it literally prevents me from getting them and changes the way I deal with UV, so even with 12 hours 30c sunlight a day my freckles didn't darken. However, they will reappear when you are not on MT2 if you try and tan.

Freckles are weird, they can reappear even if you don't expose yourself to light my DR used the analogy of a bucket that you empty and they refill up. Don't expect to remove freckles and for them to never come back again, you'll have to work hard to maintain clear skin if you are naturally prone to freckles.

Basically this means you'll likely have to have a top up IPL or yag session every winter to keep your skin clear.

One more thing, when you are on MT2 and have a good tan freckles aren't noticeable at all and you probably won't be concerned anymore. I think you should just run your MT2 experiment until you reach you desired colour. If, after you run an MT2 cycle, you still get bothered by your pigment look into some IPL or yag. MT2 won't permanently change your skins reaction to freckles though, 2-4 weeks after coming off, you'll be prone to freckles again (depending how deep a tan you can achieve whilst your on). Bare in mind though that low maintenance doses can hold your tan indefinitely - if you take around 1/5th of the amount you took whilst you were on.
  5. #5 9th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah I've used both, Yag is really painful - face will be red and sore afterwards - but it removed stubborn ones I couldn't get with IPL.

They would work on arms as well, arguably better on arms where skin is a bit tougher and they can use higher settings.

Everyone reacts different to MT2, but personally I don't get freckles whilst I'm on. I think it literally prevents me from getting them and changes the way I deal with UV, so even with 12 hours 30c sunlight a day my freckles didn't darken. However, they will reappear when you are not on MT2 if you try and tan.

Freckles are weird, they can reappear even if you don't expose yourself to light my DR used the analogy of a bucket that you empty and they refill up. Don't expect to remove freckles and for them to never come back again, you'll have to work hard to maintain clear skin if you are naturally prone to freckles.

Basically this means you'll likely have to have a top up IPL or yag session every winter to keep your skin clear.

One more thing, when you are on MT2 and have a good tan freckles aren't noticeable at all and you probably won't be concerned anymore. I think you should just run your MT2 experiment until you reach you desired colour. If, after you run an MT2 cycle, you still get bothered by your pigment look into some IPL or yag. MT2 won't permanently change your skins reaction to freckles though, 2-4 weeks after coming off, you'll be prone to freckles again (depending how deep a tan you can achieve whilst your on). Bare in mind though that low maintenance doses can hold your tan indefinitely - if you take around 1/5th of the amount you took whilst you were on.
    Yes, I was hoping that the tan would make my freckles less noticable, could potentially the rest of my skin be as dark as my freckles meaning they could not be seen?
    What MT2 dosages did you use? and What do you maintain on?
    Last year I reached a nice colour by 0.25mg ED up until my tan level but I don't seem to remember if my freckles were darker so I want to do it properly this year.
    I want to tan my face however I am scared that sitting in the sun will just bring out all of my freckles on my face so my dilemma is how to tan my face without the freckles is it better to go slowly? what are your experiences?

Sorry for all the questions but you are really helpful, I also wanted to know if your hair has darkened at all after maintaining for a long period of time as I am also hoping for this to happen.

Thanks again
  6. #6 9th February 2016 
    Thanks
    IPL can definitely help you solve your freckles problem. However, I do not recommend using mt-2 and IPL at the same time. IPL is most effective when the user is pale. If you tan, then there is a chance that the IPL might have less or might even not have any effect on you.
  7. #7 10th February 2016 
    Thanks
    For people with our complexion - it's always about patience. You will get a really healthy colour on your face if you gradually expose yourself to UV. Use sunscreen for the first 2 months. 0.25mg is plenty, in fact it's .05 more than I take.

I don't actually bother maintaining in winter, as I only really care about MT to prevent sunburn in hotter months.

The tan certainly blended in my freckles to the point you couldn't see them. Even now the ones on my arms are really faded, compared to how they were before.

Your face will generally tan the first, you are exposed to uv on your face all the time, even it's subtle, small amounts it will likely be the first place you notice a difference. Make sure you wear sun cream to avoid excessive freckles but generally once MT2 has kicked in your body will be producing eumelanin instead of pheomelanin and it won't be an issue. Just be sure to build up slowly and gradually and wear sunscreen until you have developed a based tan (you can still tan gradually with factor 20 ime).

Also yes - hair darkened to dark brown after around 1-2 months of daily injections. It fades back out after about a month if you stop. My barber was confused "are you taking hair colour changing pills?" haha
  8. #8 10th February 2016 
    Thanks
    For people with our complexion - it's always about patience. You will get a really healthy colour on your face if you gradually expose yourself to UV. Use sunscreen for the first 2 months. 0.25mg is plenty, in fact it's .05 more than I take.

I don't actually bother maintaining in winter, as I only really care about MT to prevent sunburn in hotter months.

The tan certainly blended in my freckles to the point you couldn't see them. Even now the ones on my arms are really faded, compared to how they were before.

Your face will generally tan the first, you are exposed to uv on your face all the time, even it's subtle, small amounts it will likely be the first place you notice a difference. Make sure you wear sun cream to avoid excessive freckles but generally once MT2 has kicked in your body will be producing eumelanin instead of pheomelanin and it won't be an issue. Just be sure to build up slowly and gradually and wear sunscreen until you have developed a based tan (you can still tan gradually with factor 20 ime).

Also yes - hair darkened to dark brown after around 1-2 months of daily injections. It fades back out after about a month if you stop. My barber was confused "are you taking hair colour changing pills?" haha
    OK would you recommend me starting as early as possible to gradually build a tan or should I wait until there is more sun nearer the summer?
    If there is minimal UV wont the MT2 just darken the freckles as I am not getting much UV exposure to use the MT2 to tan instead?

If you have any photos of your results they would be much appreciated, if not thanks anyway.

Thanks for your help, that should be all my questions
  9. #9 10th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Hi mate, no I don't have any photos (I wouldn't post online either)

I don't know where you live, but I'd be inclined to start at the end of April or in May.

Regarding freckles - no MT2 doesn't darken freckles ime. If you are a redhead, your freckles are pheomelanin, not eumelanin. It will darken existing eumelanin freckles (which you won't have) and moles. Also when you dose 250mcg like you are doing, you won't suddenly break out in freckles as that tends to happen with the guys who do 500mcg +

If I was you I'd begin on a really low does 100mcg or so to gauge your tolerance, and also to get your body more tolerant and use to the peptide.

Good luck
  10. #10 10th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Hi mate, no I don't have any photos (I wouldn't post online either)

I don't know where you live, but I'd be inclined to start at the end of April or in May.

Regarding freckles - no MT2 doesn't darken freckles ime. If you are a redhead, your freckles are pheomelanin, not eumelanin. It will darken existing eumelanin freckles (which you won't have) and moles. Also when you dose 250mcg like you are doing, you won't suddenly break out in freckles as that tends to happen with the guys who do 500mcg +

If I was you I'd begin on a really low does 100mcg or so to gauge your tolerance, and also to get your body more tolerant and use to the peptide.

Good luck
    Thanks for the quick reply!

no worries about the photos, thanks for your help.
    Would you recommend that I just tan via the sun instead of sunbeds when it comes to April / May?
    And it the winter months do you just dial back so the tan fades a bit making you don't stick out, however you are not as pale as before?
  11. #11 10th February 2016 
    Thanks

Wow. Amazing details. Youa re such a big help to all of us who do not know this yet. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to us in a detailed manner.
  12. #12 10th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolliwobble View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

no worries about the photos, thanks for your help.
    Would you recommend that I just tan via the sun instead of sunbeds when it comes to April / May?
    And it the winter months do you just dial back so the tan fades a bit making you don't stick out, however you are not as pale as before?
    I just stop completely, and the tan fades away by around November (if I stop in August - Sept). Hair colour change is gradual as well so it's not like you stop one day and go back to normal immediately.

Even now after having been off for ages, I still haven't gone back to being paper white and have a slight tan line. My hair seems to be darker than it was before as well, though it still has a reddish tint in the sunlight.

But yeah - personally I avoid sunbeds, they are not good for type 1s even if you are on MT2. I'm a strong believer in patience and caution when it comes to this kind of experimentation. Also - sunbeds seem nowhere near as effective, I've only got good results from natural UV and my early sunbed experiments were unimpressive in terms of results.

Glad the answers were helpful to you guys though
  13. #13 16th February 2016 
    Thanks
    I just stop completely, and the tan fades away by around November (if I stop in August - Sept). Hair colour change is gradual as well so it's not like you stop one day and go back to normal immediately.

Even now after having been off for ages, I still haven't gone back to being paper white and have a slight tan line. My hair seems to be darker than it was before as well, though it still has a reddish tint in the sunlight.

But yeah - personally I avoid sunbeds, they are not good for type 1s even if you are on MT2. I'm a strong believer in patience and caution when it comes to this kind of experimentation. Also - sunbeds seem nowhere near as effective, I've only got good results from natural UV and my early sunbed experiments were unimpressive in terms of results.

Glad the answers were helpful to you guys though
    Hello, I went to speak to someone about Yag Q-switch for freckle removal today and they said that I may not see a change after 1 session and tried to say I should do a 6 session course?
    What were you experiences? You said that Yag Q requires less sessions than IPL. Would I benefit from one session and is it worth £200?
    Also if I am using MT2 and use sunscreen on my face to eliminate the risk of new freckles, would my face still tan?

Thanks alot and sorry for all the questions.
  14. #14 17th February 2016 
    Thanks
    I don't know how much pigmentation you have, but 6 sessions on the face with a Yag Q-Switch seems excessive. I'm assuming the person that told you that is just trying to make you buy more sessions than you actually need. Tell them you'll do one session, and see results before continuing.

Honestly though, I'd probably have a couple more consultations as they sound untrustworthy. Even with normal IPL you shouldn't need more than 2-3 sessions.

Hello, I went to speak to someone about Yag Q-switch for freckle removal today and they said that I may not see a change after 1 session and tried to say I should do a 6 session course?
    What were you experiences? You said that Yag Q requires less sessions than IPL. Would I benefit from one session and is it worth £200?
    Also if I am using MT2 and use sunscreen on my face to eliminate the risk of new freckles, would my face still tan?

Thanks alot and sorry for all the questions.
  15. #15 17th February 2016 
    Thanks
    I don't know how much pigmentation you have, but 6 sessions on the face with a Yag Q-Switch seems excessive. I'm assuming the person that told you that is just trying to make you buy more sessions than you actually need. Tell them you'll do one session, and see results before continuing.

Honestly though, I'd probably have a couple more consultations as they sound untrustworthy. Even with normal IPL you shouldn't need more than 2-3 sessions.
    Are you from the UK? Where did you get yours done and how many sessions would you recommend?
    They honestly did feel like they were pushing me to buy many sessions, which I find very disheartening as they are potentially dealing with clients that may feel insecure about their appearance.
  16. #16 17th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Are you from the UK? Where did you get yours done and how many sessions would you recommend?
    They honestly did feel like they were pushing me to buy many sessions, which I find very disheartening as they are potentially dealing with clients that may feel insecure about their appearance.
    Yeah - fuck them, I'd steer clear. I've been to london laser clinic (yag) & the knightsbridge laser clinic (IPL)
  17. #17 21st February 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah - fuck them, I'd steer clear. I've been to london laser clinic (yag) & the knightsbridge laser clinic (IPL)
    when you said your hair got darker was that after 1-2 months of only using 0.2mg like you said?
  18. #18 23rd February 2016 
    Thanks
    when you said your hair got darker was that after 1-2 months of only using 0.2mg like you said?
    Yeah - I've never taken more than 0.2mg in fact most of the time it's closer to 0.15mg, but yes it takes longer to see darkening of hair on low doses. For me it's 6-8 weeks.
  19. #19 15th March 2016 
    Thanks
    So you recommend using sunscreen for the first two months?
    Do you recommend that I use this all over or just on the freckles areas?
    Should I be getting sun straight away as soon as I start or wait a few weeks?

Thanks
  20. #20 9th May 2016 
    Thanks
    if someone were to get a sunbed would their freckles be really dark a few hours after? but go back down in the next couple of days or do they stay darker for longer?