• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 1st April 2015 
    Thanks

Taking before tanning session or UV exposure vs. loading?

I've read alot about melanotan and its pleasant and not so pleasant properties (moles/freckles)

Most of the stories I read are those who use .5 mg ED for long periods before tanning and get quite dark but also get alot of sides.

There are some who swear by not loading at all and dosing only before UV exposure and they claim that they are not getting all the nasty moles while doing this.

I'm jw if there is anyone here who has tried that route and what your experience was. because of the long half life it doesn't make sense to me to be administering the peptide ED. as if I heard correctly it's half life is around 30 hours.
  2. #2 1st April 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Taking before tanning session or UV exposure?

Great question, ty jdunca10. We all differ so much, it's very difficult to gauge who will respond well and see change as beautiful/beneficial. Melanotan peptide therapy can certainly be quite a commitment as well...desirable results can take the better part of a year in some instances. Discredit anyone who theorizes that not loading at all and only dosing prior to exposure will yield a magical suntan and will somehow circumvent the darkening of one's unique sun damaged skin (reality is it's random/unpredictable and controlled by genetics mostly, environment some...and many factors imho). Cyclic peptide MT2 indeed has a longer half-life than that of natural melanocyte-stimulating hormone and linear Melanotan 1 (Afamelanotide)...but it still is measured in minutes (not longer than 24hrs). Water soluble melanotan peptide hormones w/o advanced drug delivery technology absolutely needs to be administered often by insulin syringe to obtain controlled, safe and predictable results. Here at Melanotan Forum I advocate loading simply as a means of familiarizing (and desensitizing to possible side effects such as nausea and rapid tanning) the body to a new/potent synthetic substance (in my estimation it's a coin flip as to whether a user will notice side effects...from my pov, it is not worth the risk - pardon my bias as I sensitive MT enthusiast).
  3. #3 2nd April 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Taking before tanning session or UV exposure?

I've messaged the user who did an experiment with his friend (loading vs. pre-tan) and will share his info when he gets back to me.
  4. #4 15th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I'd love to hear the results from your friend! On the issue of loading I've read about a user who loaded the day before, the day of, and the day after UV exposure. Would this improve the body's ability to tan, or do you need constant daily levels to get a good tanning effect? I've read I some posts in this forum that some people believe they get more freckles and dark circles around the eyes when they are giving themselves melanotan without actually doing any UV exposure. Is that just based on genetics?
  5. #5 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I prefer loading, but most of my friends prefer injecting before tanning. Whatever our preference is, we only have one goal - to get the perfect tan. So far, I get great results with loading. My friends are also satisfied with the results they get from injecting before tanning as well. It all comes down to personal preference.
  6. #6 31st January 2016 
    Thanks
    I only load for the first few weeks to rid of sides and get my first bit of color. After that, I only does on the morning of days I plan to be outside. sometimes I went a week without taking it if I didn't go outside much that week. The sides never returned even when I did this. My tan ability was just as good, if not better, though i suspect once you build a tan it is a snowball effect.

Loading i tend to do 0.25mg every other day for a few weeks. Once i'm happy with it, I take 0.5mg on the day. Sometimes multiple days in a row, and sometimes a week apart. Works just as effectively IME, without any side effects that i can notice.
    Everyone is different with Mt2 though, It is very genetic basic. So what works for one might not work the exact same for another.
  7. #7 1st February 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric View Post
    I only load for the first few weeks to rid of sides and get my first bit of color. After that, I only does on the morning of days I plan to be outside. sometimes I went a week without taking it if I didn't go outside much that week. The sides never returned even when I did this. My tan ability was just as good, if not better, though i suspect once you build a tan it is a snowball effect.

Loading i tend to do 0.25mg every other day for a few weeks. Once i'm happy with it, I take 0.5mg on the day. Sometimes multiple days in a row, and sometimes a week apart. Works just as effectively IME, without any side effects that i can notice.
    Everyone is different with Mt2 though, It is very genetic basic. So what works for one might not work the exact same for another.
    I guess this is a nice plan! I would love to try this one time. I would also recommend this to my guy who seriously needs to do tanning every now and then due to being VERY PALE.