• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 17th September 2015 
    Thanks

Will my skin return to normal if I stop mt2

I have alabaster type 1skin that I am very happy with and is part of my identity. However, after getting a new job recently that has me spending a lot of my time out in the blazing hot sun, I have been getting wrecked with sunburns. Even though I wear zinc based baby sunscreen that has me looking like a ghost and as much a physical protection as possible, I still end up getting burnt. I decided to opt for mt2 to give me some built in Sun protection, and make me a type 2. I bet that would be the equivalent of at least SPF3, which would ward off most of the sun damage I am getting. I SEe otherwise good looking guys with Celtic skin that has been battered with Sun damage over the years in my field, and it is not pretty.

However, I am deeply concerned with forever being stained with pigment and never being able to return to my alabaster glow. What are your experiences of stopping mt2 and did your skin return to normal?
    Last edited by westen12; 17th September 2015 at 10:45 PM.
  2. #2 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Melanotan 2 works great for me! I got the tan that I want. I only use 5 ml a day but the result is really nice! I stopped using Melatonan 2 before due to the lack of budget. I stayed tan for at least half a year. After that, my tan has already faded. If you plan to stop using it for good, then you will surely lose your tan in the long run unless you have already achieved a permanent tan.
  3. #3 18th September 2015 
    Thanks
    There is a higher probability that you will lose the tan you acquired. There is a reason as to why people continue to use MT-2 for a long time and that reason is because if they discontinue using it, then they will go back to being pale and lose their nice tan. Some say that they acquired permanent tan after using MT-2 for a very very very long time, but I can't verify it as I, myself, do not have a permanent tan.
  4. #4 18th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, it will return to normal. However, if you have been using it for a very long time, then it will take a long time for it to return to its normal color. Most often than not, it will take three to six months for your tan to fade completely. Therefore, you still have that three to six months to enjoy your beautiful tan.
  5. #5 18th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah, it'll eventually go back to normal. I don't think there have been any cases of it staying permanently. It might take a while to fade though
  6. #6 18th September 2015 
    Semin
    Rich Piana reported to have some permanent change in color, not much but if it's there after 1 ½ year i guess it's there for good.
  7. #7 18th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I am certain that you will eventually return to your normal pigmentation as long as you are living in a place that doesn't get a great deal of sun. I live in Virignia now, and am from Northern PA. My skin has changed color to a degree as I am living in a place that is closer to the equator. I am definitely not as white as I was as a child and a teen. I can live with it though!
  8. #8 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    So far, I did not encounter anything bad with MT-2. I just got my tan. I never had any pigment as well even when I stopped using MT-2 for a while before. What happened when I stopped? I just went back to my original skin color. However, it does not went back immediately. It also took some time (more or less half a year)
  9. #9 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    If you won't maintain it, then yes, it will go back to its normal color. If you stop using melanotan but continue the use of tanning bed, then you might still be able to maintain your time, but it won;t be as perfect as before. Why would you want to stop using mt-2 when you are happy with the result?
  10. #10 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    There isn't a permanent fix that will dye your skin or anything like that, if there was it would make a fortune, so yes, stop using and your tan will fade and you'll be back to where you started.
  11. #11 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    You used MT-2 but you do not want to lose your natural kin color. Am I right? When you are using MT-2, didn't you get a tan? Because as far as I know, MT-2 can make your skin color tan especially when you are exposed to the sun (or tanning bed). Anyway, if we stop using MT-2 and we no longer go to sunbed or we no longer do sunbathing, we go back to our normal skin color. There are no marks of wrinkles, skin pigmentation issue or any other skin problem. Therefore, you do not have to worry about it. Just keep in mind that it does not just take a day to return to normal. You will need to wait for several weeks or a few months.
  12. #12 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    It is not that your skin color will return to normal after you stop using melanotan. However, your skin will really get lighter if you stop using it. However, no one knows if what will happen to your skin once you stop taking mt-2 but keep on using the tanning bed. Probably, you might still be able to keep your tan. Nonetheless, I am not so sure if it will still be as perfect as before.
  13. #13 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, your skin will slowly return to its normal color. It might take some time for it to return to its original state. If you continue using tanning bed, then you won;t go back to your original skin color. However, you won't have that perfect tan you get when using the melanotan.
  14. #14 15th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, these products do not bring permanent result. Unless you are really born with a tan skin, then you'll be tan your whole life. Anyway, I haven't really used mt-2 yet. I am planning to start using it next week. I might be wrong or what.
  15. #15 15th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Well yes, you will return to your normal skin color just like how my sister returned to her normal color after months of not going to sunbed salons and not using mt-2. The good thing is that your tan won't fade fast. It will stay there for a few months and slowly fade away.
  16. #16 16th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Yes, it will return to normal if you stop using it. However, it does not fade asap. it will still take a few weeks or even months. However, you can stil maintain your tan even ater using mt-2 if you use sunbed or expose yourself to natural sunlight.
  17. #17 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    There isn't a permanent fix that will dye your skin or anything like that, if there was it would make a fortune, so yes, stop using and your tan will fade and you'll be back to where you started.
    Yes, you are right. There is really no permanent fix that will make your skin tan forever. That is so unfortunate. However, the result of mt-2 does not immediately go away when you stop. It slowly fades.
  18. #18 31st January 2016 
    Thanks
    Eventually It has to.
    Personally as a type 1 who was very pale, I have distinct tan lines even after 2 years of no use. So I think it can take a long time.
    THAT SAID. When you take MT2, you will go into the sun more, obviously. The sun effects your skin ALOT. It damages it. THIS may change your skin rather permanently.
  19. #19 1st February 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric View Post
    Eventually It has to.
    Personally as a type 1 who was very pale, I have distinct tan lines even after 2 years of no use. So I think it can take a long time.
    THAT SAID. When you take MT2, you will go into the sun more, obviously. The sun effects your skin ALOT. It damages it. THIS may change your skin rather permanently.
    iI doubt it will permanently damage your skin. Our skin rejuvenates on its own. This is why through time, it gets back to normal. My guy is a type 1 (also, he is very pale). However, he always gets back to his normal skin tone after a few months (6 months as the earliest) of not using melanotan.
  20. #20 3rd February 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marielle View Post
    iI doubt it will permanently damage your skin. Our skin rejuvenates on its own. This is why through time, it gets back to normal. My guy is a type 1 (also, he is very pale). However, he always gets back to his normal skin tone after a few months (6 months as the earliest) of not using melanotan.
    Interesting! I'm at the 5 month mark since i last used any atm, and it has faded significantly. However, I think it would take at least another 6 months if not more, to go to my original colour on the most tanned areas, like my forearms and my face.. I was very pale before.. I'll see if i can get some pics up soon. Just goes to show how differently it effects everyone.