• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 17th November 2015 
    Thanks

Melanotan Log - Not working so far :(

This is my second go at melanotan 2 / MT2

Back around May (2015) was my very first time ever using melanotan. I had probably loaded up to around 3mg (over the course of a week or two) before my first time laying down in some sun outside on a hot day (7+ UV index). Didn't notice anything afterward. I went in the sun 2 more additional times in June while on melanotan (always took it approx 30 mins before I went outside) and didn't notice anything. It was kind of frustrating and I ended up not trying again all summer, so I forgot about it until a month or two ago when I was tired of looking pale.

I have dark brown hair and pale skin. Probably skin type 2. (21 years old, male)

Anyway, this time around I loaded up to ~8mg over the course of a few weeks. I started small with around 0.25mg doses but quickly went about to around 0.5mg dose per day. Some days were skipped, although I'm sure it doesn't make a huge difference since the half-life of melanotan is supposedly about 30 hours from what I've seen. (?)

I went to a high pressure tanning bed (stand up) just 10 days ago. I took 0.25mg dose of melanotan about 30 mins before.

I stood in the booth/bed for 4 minutes since it was my first time ever using one. (I think 8 was the recommended max for this bed/booth)
    ---- I didn't notice any color in the days after.

I went again yesterday. I took a 0.5mg dose of melanotan 30 mins before. I stood in the bed for 5 minutes this time. Both times I've used the special indoor tanning lotion.

18 hours later, here I am, and I don't notice a slight difference at all. From what I know, it can take up to 48 hours max for a tan to set in - correct? But so far there's not even a slight change. I had a super slight "t-shirt tan" from the summer, so I will typically just look at my upper arm and chest to check on any improvement in color... but nothing so far. My face too is still super pale. I thought I might have seen a biiit of color until I took my small mirror by a window so I could see in natural sunlight. But nope, still nothing.

I remember someone who said to be careful even with just 0.5mg before tanning, because they took that before their first session and claimed to have nearly changed races.

Also - I'm 100% sure the melanotan is legit. I always get facial flushing, sometimes a boost in libido (although supposedly you gotta take ~1mg to really notice that from what I've heard.) ----- Also, if I a) haven't used some in a while, and/or b) don't have any food in my stomach - I will feel a bit nauseous. The supplier is very legit and well reviewed from what I've seen. (Not sure if it's ok to post their website here or not so I won't for now)

What could be going on here?
    Last edited by ddiipp; 17th November 2015 at 06:14 PM.
  2. #2 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    It most definitely works. I know first hand. I'd advise against it, as I am currently asking people on these boards how long the until the pigmentation effects are reversed. I've had problems of selective tanning in areas that I wouldn't care to tan.
  3. #3 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Not sure if you read the entire post or not, but I'm certainly not denying it works in general. I'm just reporting my experience so far and wondering why I haven't noticed a slight change in color when I think I should've by now.
  4. #4 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So if you say your stuff is legit, then you must be underdosing. Do you use any tanning creams/lotions? IF you do then don't.

3mg loaded over a couple weeks is 0.21.... a day, you did not mention your weight, but if you are male you should be taking more.

IF you only take melanotan before tanning session then 1mg is your minimum you should be aiming at. Also bear in mind if you are very pale it will generally take longer to achieve tan, with or without melanotan.
  5. #5 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't know why you haven't noticed any difference, your melanotan might be underdosed or stop using your sun protection cream if you use one. If you are saying you have used 8mg over a few weeks, you should see a big difference already. Back then when I first tried melanotan I used 10mg in a period of 2 weeks and I could see a noticable difference after second tanning session!
  6. #6 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I've also got to say that using that amount cos so long you should notice a difference, and while underdosing or too much Sun protection might be a problem, I'd tend to suspect it's more of a problem with the MT itself.

A change of supplier is called for at least to start off with.
  7. #7 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm not using any SPF/sun protection, but I am using a lotion (Australia Gold: Hot) which is meant for indoor tanning + I kind of need it for my skin since I don't think it would be good to go in there with dry skin like mine. Plus it's supposed to help your skin tan even better.

And I'm 6'0, 160 lbs, male.

I'm positive the MT2 legit. In addition to the facial flushing and nausea, I've noticed the freckles/moles side-effect as well. Definitely MT2.

Anyway, I will increase the dosage next time for sure.
  8. #8 18th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    tanning lotion is not needed with melanotan and may actually inhibit tan, i am only saying this from personal observations, this might be false information thought.
    Just use moisturiser afterwards.
  9. #9 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    ^ I don't really see the logic behind that to be honest.

Anyway, I'm still very confused as to why I didn't even gain just a small bit of color each time. I'm not the type to constantly burn or have a super tough time getting a tan
    Last edited by ddiipp; 19th November 2015 at 02:12 AM.
  10. #10 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As i mentioned earlier you need to up your dose, 0.5mg for a male is not sufficient. Try to use melanotan without Australian gold to see if that changes anything.
  11. #11 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yeah increase your dose to 0.8-1mg and you will see results in no time!
  12. #12 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think increasing the dosage is the best option up to now, and then see what effects that as and then maybe keep the thread open so if that doesn't have the desired effect people can come up with other ideas.

Good luck with it all anyway and I'm sure you'll get the tan you desire sooner rather than later. MT very rarely fails so it's just finding what dosage works best for you.
  13. #13 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    As i mentioned earlier you need to up your dose, 0.5mg for a male is not sufficient. Try to use melanotan without Australian gold to see if that changes anything.
    0.5mg is more than enough, just give it time.
  14. #14 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolliwobble View Post
    0.5mg is more than enough, just give it time.
    I know I've read in some posts that the loading phase is unnecessary however when I first started using that was the recommendation & it always worked best for me. I personally would not go near a tanning bed until I had at least 20mg in me to ensure I didn't burn.
  15. #15 19th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Also it's very unlikely ur going to see much difference with 8mg over a few weeks & a 5 minute sunbed session. (In my opinion).
  16. #16 5th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I think the problem was just in the dose, if the M2 was really legit. He should try increasing and if there is still no effect, I'd start doubting if it was really M2.
  17. #17 18th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Update. And a couple of questions...

1) I ran out of MT2 shortly after I started this thread and was about to take a higher dose. I had to wait longer than expected for my new order to arrive though. So now it's been about a month since I've taken MT2. This leads me to wonder... do I count the MT2 from 4-6 weeks ago in what I've "loaded up" on? Or do I start over now?

2) I got my new vial of MT2 on Monday. My initial dose that night was 0.5mg. I experienced the typical facial flushing I'd always get. However, the following several doses were upped to 1mg each night. For those 1mg doses, I experienced zero facial flushing! Which is so confusing and odd. Why would I be getting facial flushing with 0.5mg but not an even higher dose, 1mg!? Although I should note that I did feel a bit more nauseous than I usually do with 1mg as opposed to 0.5mg. But still, it's pretty odd isn't it? ---- Also, with my previous vial a month ago, before it ran out I took one last dose which was around 0.7mg. At that point it was the most I had ever taken and I experienced a somewhat strong, long lasting facial flushing/redness. How could I NOT be getting facial flushing and redness with 1mg, yet get it EVERY SINGLE TIME with 0.5mg!? EDIT: just took 0.5mg tonight. No facial flushing. So it seems like I'm not getting any typical sides whatsoever now.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda1210 View Post
    I think the problem was just in the dose, if the M2 was really legit. He should try increasing and if there is still no effect, I'd start doubting if it was really M2.
    Why wouldn't it be legit? With every vial of MT2 I've used so far (well, except for my new one as mentioned above) I've experienced the typical side-effects of it: facial flushing, bit of nausea and more noticeable moles/freckles. On top of that, I'm getting it from CanadianMedSupplies which is reviewed extremely well on several forums. Also, I'm pretty sure there isn't another peptide that has those side effects, so I don't see how it couldn't be MT2.
    Last edited by ddiipp; 19th December 2015 at 07:56 AM.
  18. #18 19th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddiipp View Post
    Update. And a couple of questions...

1) I ran out of MT2 shortly after I started this thread and was about to take a higher dose. I had to wait longer than expected for my new order to arrive though. So now it's been about a month since I've taken MT2. This leads me to wonder... do I count the MT2 from 4-6 weeks ago in what I've "loaded up" on? Or do I start over now?
    If all of your tan has faded, then I would start over again.

About side effects, it happens to me as well. Sometimes my face turns red like a beet, and have strong nausea. But sometimes I'm fine and don't experience any facial flushing. I don't know what's the reason behind this. But I think you shouldn't worry, that's normal.
  19. #19 19th December 2015 
    Thanks
    To be honest if it's been 6 weeks since your last load then I'd also just start over again. In future I'd also make sure that you don't run out as its best to keep the cycle running and not have so long of a break in between.
  20. #20 19th December 2015 
    Thanks
    You are doing things a little hasty and not being patient enough imo.

follow this protocol and it will work. I was a type 1 when i started and i got very dark doing it this way. The first year i tried i did a similar method to you and had less results.

First start dosing daily at 0.25mg for about 3 or 4 weeks. At this point start getting light sessions in the sun. I'm talking no more than 5 or 10 minutes a day. Use sun cream for the first few days.
    After you change color slightly, or you have had an hour in total, bump it up to 20 minutes per day.
    After another 2 hours or, a week, You can start doing 30 minutes per day, and at this point start dosing BEFORE you tan.

By this point, after a few days, you will be darker for sure. you will be acclimatized to the sun too, which you were very vulnerable to and intolerant of at firs being a type 1 for life.

now you can start doing 40 mins or longer ( dont over do it though). I advise injecting 0.5mg at this point on days you tan, preferable an hour or so before you go into the sun. you will darken VERY fast at this point, It becomes like a snowball rolling down a hill. once you get a certain level, you get darker much faster and easier, so be careful!

Also, start from scratch now. Do not count your past vial. It's been a bit too long when considering your situation and results.
    Last edited by fabric; 19th December 2015 at 09:27 PM.