• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 8th November 2015 
    Thanks

New user. I dont wan't to get overtanned.

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum and never used melanotan, but I first heard about it 4 years ago. Back then I considered using it, but was scared of long term use side effects not yet discovered.
    I would like to thank all the people who were braver than me and actually used it. Thanks to you, we know that Melanotan is probably extremely safe.

Now let's talk about me. I'm a pure type I. My hair is a shade of light brown to dark blonde depending of the lighting, and my skin is extremely pale. I often get asked if I'm alright. Yes I am, thanks. I have several freckles on my arms and shoulders, and a few on my face. Of course I burn very easily and almost never tan. I do tan with months of careful exposure, but still the result is unsignificant. I could go on a vacation to Cuba and people will still ask me if I'm sick when I come back. I find it really unattractive and I know that I can't count on the sun to get tanned. I'm obviously at great risk of skin cancer. My grandfather had FOUR melanomas. That's why I'm so interested in Melanotan.

But I really don't want to look overtanned. By overtanned, I mean I don't want to look like I'm doing UV twice a week. It would look unnatural for everybody that knows me. And I live in the northern part of France, so everybody would look at me like I have three eyes if I got really tanned.

So I have a few questions :
    - How much Melanotan should I use to achieve a very slightly tanned skin effect ? (I weigh 165 lbs/75kgs)
    - Where do you get yours ?
    - Can I get good results considering the weather we have here in Pas-de-Calais ? It's here and it's always raining.

Thanks to everybody that will take time to answer me.
  2. #2 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Melanotan works by making you tan better, but it won't make you tan on its own. So you definitely need UV exposure in order to build up a tan. Melanotan sort of "intensifies" the results you get from UV exposure. If you're unable to get sunlight where you live you'll need to be able to access a tanning booth to get your UV rays. You can stop taking Melanotan and stop tanning if you feel like you've got enough color. Then you can use Melanotan and tan only when you need a "touch up."

Unfortunately we're not allowed to talk about sources on this website probably at least partially to protect the owners and let us continue to have this forum. And at least for me, I'm afraid of getting my source in trouble by giving their information to someone I'm not familiar with.

I recommend checking out some forums about steroid and HGH usage, and seeing if you can find a source that different people mention positively. Steroid users are much more numerous than Melanotan users, but some people selling these types of products also sell Melanotan. At least that's how I found my source. I saw 3 different people in different places mention a specific source for HGH and I found out they also carry Melanotan so that's who I went through.

Once you've found your source there's lots of tutorials and experts here to possibly help guide you along the way! I highly recommend checking out some of the past threads too, there's tons of great information here!
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnTan For This Useful Post:

Semin (17th January 2016)

4. #3 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I would just say do your research, don't look for cheap answers on public answer sites like Yahoo answers or cha cha , rather look for actual reports from clinical trials and such!

As for your paranoia tanning in the sun I would say is more dangerous as constant exposure to UV rays whether natural or artificially concentrated from a lamp can pose damage and cancerous changes to skin cells. You should be fine if your read directions and follow a routine carefully, as with all medications and supplements, if you have a real question or a side effect DO NOT hesitate to see a doctor and put your paranoia at ease or counter a serious issue early on to minimize any damage you'll do yourself.
  5. #4 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    That's what I always say, it's better to seek the advice of a medical professional. There are many people who are afraid of seeing a doctor. Well, you shouldn't be. It's your health on the line. Remember, regret doesn't come first. It comes when everything is already too late.
  6. #5 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMerli View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to this forum and never used melanotan, but I first heard about it 4 years ago. Back then I considered using it, but was scared of long term use side effects not yet discovered.
    I would like to thank all the people who were braver than me and actually used it. Thanks to you, we know that Melanotan is probably extremely safe.

Now let's talk about me. I'm a pure type I. My hair is a shade of light brown to dark blonde depending of the lighting, and my skin is extremely pale. I often get asked if I'm alright. Yes I am, thanks. I have several freckles on my arms and shoulders, and a few on my face. Of course I burn very easily and almost never tan. I do tan with months of careful exposure, but still the result is unsignificant. I could go on a vacation to Cuba and people will still ask me if I'm sick when I come back. I find it really unattractive and I know that I can't count on the sun to get tanned. I'm obviously at great risk of skin cancer. My grandfather had FOUR melanomas. That's why I'm so interested in Melanotan.

But I really don't want to look overtanned. By overtanned, I mean I don't want to look like I'm doing UV twice a week. It would look unnatural for everybody that knows me. And I live in the northern part of France, so everybody would look at me like I have three eyes if I got really tanned.

So I have a few questions :
    - How much Melanotan should I use to achieve a very slightly tanned skin effect ? (I weigh 165 lbs/75kgs)
    - Where do you get yours ?
    - Can I get good results considering the weather we have here in Pas-de-Calais ? It's here and it's always raining.

Thanks to everybody that will take time to answer me.
    I would start by taking 100mcg everyday or every other day and build up the dose if needed, till you get to your desired color.
  7. #6 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    I would start by taking 100mcg everyday or every other day and build up the dose if needed, till you get to your desired color.
    That won't give you a tan without UV exposure. Melanotan without UV can give you moles and make your face look dirty but won't give a tan. Also that's an extremely low dose. Many people start Melanotan 2 at 250mcg (which is also considered a low starting dose) or 500mcg.
    Last edited by AnnTan; 9th November 2015 at 04:48 PM.
  8. #7 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnTan View Post
    That won't give you a tan without UV exposure. Melanotan without UV can give you moles and make your face look dirty but won't give a tan. Also that's an extremely low dose. Many people start Melanotan 2 at 250mcg (which is also considered a low starting dose) or 500mcg.
    Even with UV, Melanotan 2 is widely known for its side effects - freckles and moles.
  9. #8 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protozoan View Post
    Even with UV, Melanotan 2 is widely known for its side effects - freckles and moles.
    Yes, definitely! I just meant that those are the only things you'll get if you don't get UV. But yes, no matter what you do you can get moles/freckles from Melanotan.
  10. #9 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue that you're having. I fear that I am going to look overtan if I proceed. I have never taken Melanotan and only discovered it recently. It seems to be the answer to my problems when it comes to pale skin, but at the same time it's kind of a scary thought. I think I might take the advice that someone suggested prior to my response and seek advice from a medical professional. I'd hate to go into it and not know the consequences.
  11. #10 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I wouldn't worry about it. You can control it pretty well just by manipulating when and how much you take. You just need to start slow to find out how your body responds and how potent it is for you as an individual.

Here are some pics from me before and after. I am a type 1 too.

tan after1.jpg

This is before i ever took any MT2

This was august of this year, my second year of taking it. Although in the first year i didn't achieve much of anything at all, as i didn't really know what i was doing.
    Keep in mind i was outside almost every single day that it was sunny in my country in northern Europe this year as i work outside. So i was getting a good few hours of sun from spring till summers end. i wouldn't say it was continuous 8 hours, but more like between 3-5 altogether in blocks.

I took about 30mg by this point, starting in april. I believe i took 0.25mg every other day to start and then started taking it daily. usually in evening before bed. sometimes in the morning if i planned on sunbathing at any point in the day. I would be doubled up from last nights dose + the mornings. If i forgot the night before i would sometimes take 0.5mg in the morning too(but this was after i was acclimatized and already had a bit of a tan).

All i will say to you if you are new to tanning as i was: it creeps up on you. Do it slowly and you will be surprised. dont expect anything crazy when you first start. it takes a little time but then you get a snowball effect. avoid getting burnt!

If you have any questions you can pm me. it seems we were in the same starting place and both live in places where the sun isn't all that sunny even when it does arrive lol.
    Last edited by fabric; 24th November 2015 at 02:17 AM.
  12. #11 11th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I tjinl you are right to be conderd about the level of tan you might get with Melotan/ I don't use the product myself so I am not sure that I can give much feedback on this, but those who use this product on a reulag bais can probalby giv eyou more insight into using this product. I think tanning isn't always even, so finding out what to do is important to do.
  13. #12 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lexinonomous View Post
    I am having the same issue that you're having. I fear that I am going to look overtan if I proceed. I have never taken Melanotan and only discovered it recently. It seems to be the answer to my problems when it comes to pale skin, but at the same time it's kind of a scary thought. I think I might take the advice that someone suggested prior to my response and seek advice from a medical professional. I'd hate to go into it and not know the consequences.
    That's what you should do. Melanotan is great for tanning, but it's common in people to get overtanned since they don't really know what they are doing. Others have it worse, they have like more than fifteen moles appearing in their faces.
  14. #13 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, you should get to know the response of your body first. You don't really have to be scared about overtanning, you just have to be careful. Start low, as what's mostly recommended, and see how your body reacts. If you think it's not enough, increase slowly, to prevent you from overtanning.
  15. #14 17th January 2016 
    Thanks
    So I got some problems I won't detail and I totally lost the will to get tanned, but I'm back, better than ever !
    Thanks to everyone who answered me. I read all your messages and many more on this website. I think I'm ready to start.

I still don't know where to get my melanotan though. Not being able to discuss about it, in my opinion, really sucks and is completely at odds with my believes about risk reduction. But okay, I'll get over it, I'll find a place.

I'm still afraid of getting moles all over my face.
    And this article ( actasdermo.org/en/eruptive-dysplastic-nevi-following-melanotan/articulo/S1578219012001357/ ) is really scaring me. Those are the only two reasons that still hold me back.
    Last edited by anonymous; 17th January 2016 at 04:00 AM.
  16. #15 17th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMerli View Post
    I'm still afraid of getting moles all over my face.
    And this article ( actasdermo.org/en/eruptive-dysplastic-nevi-following-melanotan/articulo/S1578219012001357/ ) is really scaring me. Those are the only two reasons that still hold me back.
    If you are so scared of new moles then use melanotan 1. Though for me it's easily to avoid new moles by using low dose of MT-2 but more frequently.
  17. #16 28th January 2016 
    Thanks
    If you do not want to get overtanned, then do not stay under the heat of the sun for too long. Also, do not use tanning booths for too long and do not inject a very high dose of melanotan. Simple!
  18. #17 29th January 2016 
    Thanks
    If you have enough sunlight in your area even when it is raining, then you can definitely get a nice tan! If you want natural looking tan, then always resort to natural sun exposure instead of going to tanning booths. Second, if you do not get enough sunlight in your area, tanning booths are alright as long as you only do it for a few minutes (5 to 10 minutes probably, depending on your goal). MT-2 can actually help you not burn so easily. It will also help you against skin cancer.
  19. #18 16th February 2016 
    Thanks
    If you do not want to get overtanned, then the solution to your problem is very easy. You should just not overexposed yourself to UV. You should be very keen to your sunbathing time.
  20. #19 2nd March 2017 
    Thanks
    Alright, now I'm dead serious. Two years have passed, still no huge bad discovery about melanotan so I'm considering it "safe enough". I will be using MT-1 for safety concerns and to avoid new moles. I've got in touch with a seller that is currently out of bacteriostatic water but I'll get my stuff pretty soon I hope. My goal is to start this in april, when the first sunny days arrive.

I'm 75 kg so I'm going to use 1.48mg a day in loading phase, after a test phase where I will be starting from 0.25mg to start slowly and avoid any bad effect. Then I will need a maintenance phase but I still don't really know how much I should be using, maybe that same dose twice a week would be good. Any ideas welcome.

Let's do this.
  21. #20 2nd March 2017 
    Thanks
    isn't mt1 outdated?

The key to avoid new moles is to start slow, let you body become comfortable with melanotan, increase doses steadily and watch your skin.

I have never tried mt1 because rarely hear about it, any benefits over mt2?