• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 12th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptideguru View Post
    The third article is also mentioning historic and long running abuse of sunbeds - using them for 30 minutes a day for the last 20 years. This is before more regulations were put into place. She also blames the sun beds for her problems, but they aren't to blame - she is. It's like an alcoholic blaming the alcohol for their issues, but in reality many millions of people enjoy alcohol sensibly in their daily lives.
    Yes, it does sound like an addiction. Many addicts get to blame their addiction instead of taking the full responsibility for their decisions. However, I can understand that it's more comfortable to have something to blame, especially when you're suffering from a life threatening disease.
  2. #22 12th October 2015 
    Thanks
    All addicts will find something or somebody else to blame, that's all part of bein an addict. You bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening, or if it is then your not the one to blame.
  3. #23 17th November 2017 
    Thanks

Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by ddiipp View Post
    ^ Thanks for the reply again. It's weird to think about (for me at least) because throughout my life I've had absolutely no hesitation whatsoever sitting out in the sun (with sunscreen/block of course), but I've always been very hesitant about a tanning bed. I guess it's the whole "natural" aspect that makes me think it's not as bad.

It does makes sense they would be about the same difference though - but the one thing that probably made me hesitant was reading some claims (myths?) about how indoor tanning/beds could be worse.
    Like all things moderation is key. Also it is the lifestyle of the person as someone has said above. Also people are very careless. They may think tanning beds are somehow safer than the Sun which most people here no not to be true. UV light is UV light and there is no way around that. So if you are very careful and a tanning bed but Reckless outside you are setting yourself up for potential disaster. Vice versa. It doesn't matter where you get your tan but it does matter on how Reckless that individual May be in certain situations. So one cannot gauge the effects of a tanning bed versus the Sun unless you know how that person deals with both situations. And the same goes for drugs and alcohol. A person can live to be a 90 year old heroin addict if they do it in moderation but everyone knows addicts like myself don't really care about moderation. It is the individual that makes the decisions to be Reckless or not, weather to be Reckless indoors or out. Like I said UV light is UV light
  4. #24 17th November 2017 
    Thanks

Addiction

Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    All addicts will find something or somebody else to blame, that's all part of bein an addict. You bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening, or if it is then your not the one to blame.
    Oh yeah I was an addict for years and it was never my fault. Obviously that was just an excuse I was using. Once I grew up I realized it was all my fault. But we're talking about tanning in here which can be an addiction too and people will overdo it and get completely crazy over it. They will blame whatever happens to them on a tanning bed or the Sun or whatever. So there is really no way to find out if tanning beds are worse for your skin than the Sun. I think they're equally as dangerous. I also think that the person who is tanning is responsible for their actions. But you'll never get a straight answer. Banning tanning beds and reading articles by people with their own presuppositions on the matter will never solve anything. Sorry for going way off topic here but you can't just read a few articles written by a few people and prove your point. You need to know the psychology of the person you are studying and judging by these articles the psychology is ignored.
  5. #25 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    Where can you get Melanotan?