• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: Need Help

1. #1 30th September 2015 
    Thanks

Need Help

I've been on melanotan 2 for a few months and I'm super dark. Since you have to wear tanning goggles in a tanning bed I have the raccoon eyes. Does anybody have any tips on how I can get color around my eyes?

Thanks
  2. #2 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Antilla View Post
    I've been on melanotan 2 for a few months and I'm super dark. Since you have to wear tanning goggles in a tanning bed I have the raccoon eyes. Does anybody have any tips on how I can get color around my eyes?

Thanks
    How large are they? I know the ones I've used are small enough that when your eyes are open you can't really notice the whiteness.
  3. #3 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have never used them in my life and i am fine, i don't know how strong is your solarium beds, but i think as long as you don't open your eyes you should be fine.
  4. #4 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Are eye googles different sizes? The ones I have are supposed to not give you the raccoon eyes but I still have a little white around my eyes. It's not super bad but most super tan ppl I see don't have any white around their eyes.

Not wearing googles is a risk I don't want to take. I use extremely intense beds. My tanning membership alone is a 100 a month. So the beds I use are top of the line.
  5. #5 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Antilla View Post
    Are eye googles different sizes? The ones I have are supposed to not give you the raccoon eyes but I still have a little white around my eyes. It's not super bad but most super tan ppl I see don't have any white around their eyes.

Not wearing googles is a risk I don't want to take. I use extremely intense beds. My tanning membership alone is a 100 a month. So the beds I use are top of the line.
    You can get a few different sizes.
    I'd imagine you notice it more yourself than anything. Has anyone else mentioned it?
  6. #6 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    They're not usually the size of swimming goggles or anything like that so maybe it's you yourself that's just noticing it more? The ones we use aren't even goggles they're like little circles that just cover the actual eye area.

Even then I only use them when I can be bothered which is maybe 5/10 times and I'm fine although its not strictly recommended of course.
  7. #7 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Ive had family notice the rings around my eyes right after tanning since your much darker when you get out of the bed. I have yet to try different goggles. I've been wanting to try the stickers called wink ease. You can adjust the size to fit your eye.

I know some ppl just close their eyes and cover their face with a towel. Does anybody know if your face is covered with a towel does your face still get tanned? It only blocks part of the uv rays.
  8. #8 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    I have never used them in my life and i am fine, i don't know how strong is your solarium beds, but i think as long as you don't open your eyes you should be fine.
    This... Never used them as well and I'm alive..
  9. #9 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    This... Never used them as well and I'm alive..
    The problem with UV damage is that it's gradual and compounding.
    Either you've not reached the point where the damage is noticeable or it's happening so gradually you haven't noticed it.

It's similar to how people who don't wear ear protection when they work in factories don't realise how bad their hearing is until their late 30s- early 40s, when all of a sudden it hits them they can't hear anything, or get ringing in their ears.
    However if they would have noticed 5-10 years in they've gradually had to listen harder, or begin talking much loader they could have done something about it.