• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 30th September 2015 
    Thanks

Opinion on little old nasalspray before use

Im going to Greece on sunday, and I have a nasal spray i brought last time, but its from the start of June, so I need some opinion if it should be OK or not.
    So it was originally a glass of mt2 with 2,5ml sodium chloride (no bac). I mixed it with this nasal spray that also had no bac agent. Than I put like 2-3ml of bac water in it (dunno if that have an effect, but I had to give it more water anyway).

Should it be ok to use now? I mean nasal sprays rearly got any bac agents, and its been in my cooler since I came from the holyday. And nasal dont need the same purity as injection?

Hope someone can give their opinion. I don't wanna be sick before I go, and I would love to bring it with me, instead of inject shitloads before I go.

Thanks
  2. #2 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    It will be fine!
  3. #3 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As above, if it's been stored in the fridge you'll be fine. If it was left out it'd be slightly questionable, but with nasal administration you've little to worry about.
  4. #4 30th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Fridge all the time, so guess I will just try it
  5. #5 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Might as well give it a try. The worst that can happens seems like it might cause some sinus irritation. It seems like you kept it preserved really well though in the fridge.
  6. #6 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    As others have previously said, I think your worrying about nothing and as long as you've stored it correctly, and you have, that it will be fine to use again.

Just go and enjoy your holiday...
  7. #7 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    As long as you have stored in the fridge and there is no expiry issues then you don't need to worry.
  8. #8 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    As previously stated, you should have no worries. I too use nasal spray that is questionable upon date but it doesn't give me any problems so you should be good to go!
  9. #9 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I like the idea of using nasal spray when traveling. Is it best to mix with the nasal spray or empty the bottle and just use the powder/Bacteriostatic Water mix?
  10. #10 4th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl d. View Post
    I like the idea of using nasal spray when traveling. Is it best to mix with the nasal spray or empty the bottle and just use the powder/Bacteriostatic Water mix?
    Depends on the type of nasal spray.
    If it's a relatively thick one with no addictive ingredients its worth keeping. Because it's more viscous it will allow it to hold on the mucous membranes for longer, increasing absorption.

If it's thinner or contains addictive ingredients then either chuck it, or use that liquid to measure how much each spray gives out.