• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 26th September 2015 
    Thanks

Melanotan and hair loss?

I am using melanotan1 for about a 10 days now. I start noticing hair loss since a few days. Is it possible the melanotan causes this? Or is there a connection between hair loss and melanotan? I never had hair loss before.
  2. #2 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, there are some melanotan users who complain about hair loss after using the drug as well. That is why we can also assume that melanotan can cause hair loss. However, there is no proof yet regarding to the connection of the two.
  3. #3 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    No. I am a melanotan user for quite a while already and I haven't experienced any hair loss. However, I agree that there are some users who claim that they have encountered this problem. I guess it is just a coincidence that you're suffering from hair loss when you started using the drug.
  4. #4 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Okay so it could be from the melanotan? If i just go on using it, will my hair loss then probably stop after a while or should i stop use mt?
  5. #5 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Hair loss does seem to have a connection although nothing as ever been proven in black or white as far as I'm aware.

Personally I'd probably stop taking it and see if the hair loss stops. If it does then I think you will have your own proof. If it doesn't then there's obviously another issue that's causing it and its not the MT
  6. #6 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmela View Post
    Okay so it could be from the melanotan? If i just go on using it, will my hair loss then probably stop after a while or should i stop use mt?
    If it is due to melanotan, it is only because your body might still be adjusting to it. It is the only scenario I can think of on how melanotan can be related to your hair loss. Once your body has been used to the drug, then the hair loss will stop.
  7. #7 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Melanotan 1 & 2 have no scientific evidence showing hair loss, so no - it's not that.

I'd assume, based on this and your previous post, that you have a dodgy product.
    I'd chuck what you have and purchase something from a reputable supplier, rather than just the first thing that pops up on google/or from a friend, etc.
  8. #8 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Oh man, now this scared me. I used melanotan a while back and I already had hair loss issues. Hope this didn’t make it worse. I never heard of this before, but if some others have complained from this maybe there’s something true about this. I feel a bit more relieved that @peptideguru mentioned there’s no scientific proof yet, but I’ll still be cautious with using it.
  9. #9 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo76 View Post
    Oh man, now this scared me. I used melanotan a while back and I already had hair loss issues. Hope this didn’t make it worse. I never heard of this before, but if some others have complained from this maybe there’s something true about this. I feel a bit more relieved that @peptideguru mentioned there’s no scientific proof yet, but I’ll still be cautious with using it.
    I've personally never seen any reports on hair loss, however others have mentioned it, so it may be somewhere.

However as with all drugs/medicines, someone somewhere will have an effect and blame it on the peptide when chances are there's something else at work too.
  10. #10 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Okay thanks everyone. And i don't know if it is allowed to tell the supplier here, but does anyone has experience with *******?

Could it really be because of a dodgy product? I know which filler they use where I ordered(I sent them an email), but maybe there is something more in the mt1 then.. I have no idea.
    Last edited by David; 28th September 2015 at 01:27 PM. Reason: no it's not allowed, next time please use PM!
  11. #11 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmela View Post
    Okay thanks everyone. And i don't know if it is allowed to tell the supplier here, but does anyone has experience with *******?

Could it really be because of a dodgy product? I know which filler they use where I ordered(I sent them an email), but maybe there is something more in the mt1 then.. I have no idea.
    Most likely, yes.

Is there anything else you've changed in the last few days?
    Last edited by David; 28th September 2015 at 01:27 PM.
  12. #12 26th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Actually nothing, I did everything the same.. Which filler do you use if I may ask? And is your mt1 good stuff?
  13. #13 27th September 2015 
    Thanks
    You might want to give it some time and see if the problem won't continue to exist in the next few days. However, I think we should all know that there is really a season for us to shed more hairs then the usual. It is normal. probably, you are just on that season/period right now
  14. #14 28th September 2015 
    Thanks
    It may depend on the dosage that you are taking. You should specify.
  15. #15 28th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Luckily never had that kind of side effect. But after I googled it seems like you are not the only one who's experienced hair loss during or after use of melanotan. Maybe that's some allergic reaction. Did you notice side effects like flushing or nausea after injection?
  16. #16 28th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I also experienced it before, but I didn't worry a lot since excessive hair loss didn't last that long (about 3 to 4 days). I suspected it was because of melanotan but I also gave the benefit of doubt. I thought other factors could have triggered it. I am not so sure as to what was the cause of my hair loss in the past. I am just happy that I am no longer suffering from it or else, I'll easily become bald.
  17. #17 28th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by click_me View Post
    I also experienced it before, but I didn't worry a lot since excessive hair loss didn't last that long (about 3 to 4 days). I suspected it was because of melanotan but I also gave the benefit of doubt. I thought other factors could have triggered it. I am not so sure as to what was the cause of my hair loss in the past. I am just happy that I am no longer suffering from it or else, I'll easily become bald.
    I'd imagine there was an adulterant in the MT2 if this is the case - I've never heard of a direct link between MT2 and hair loss, and it has never been reported to us.
    Imagine if it's bought from a reseller/Chinese company than it could have been cut or filled with something that could cause this.
  18. #18 28th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I've also googled this and others have reported the same thing aswell which I was quite surprised about, but I'm guessing that hair loss is a very rare side effect and you'd be unlucky if it did happen.
  19. #19 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    @johnny123: I don't think that's possible as I'm dosing really low and started really low. I'm using around the 0,7/0,8 mg a day now.

@ Steven: No, not really, maybe the first days a little bit flushing but almost nothing.

@ click me: Did you only had it once 3 or 4 days and then never again?

Maybe it is indeed from a filler and not from the melanotan, I hope so. I'm just going to try another supplier and see the difference.
    It still didn't become less.
  20. #20 29th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Melanotan isn't responsible for your hair loss. As far as I know, melanotan even strengthens your hair. I doubt that it is the reason why you're going through hair loss. probably, you are stressed right now or there are other factors that you might want to consider.