• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 13th May 2015 
    Thanks

Hearing Loss and Anticardiolipin Antibodies

Hi there,

I'm in the midst of figuring what has caused some sensineural hearing loss, and my blood tests came back showing the presence of anticardiolipin (aCl) antibodies. I wonder if these could be occurring in response to my use of MT2 (which I've been doing for about seven years). I am making no conclusions, but it occurred to me because of the noted immune response MT2 triggers.

Has anyone else had blood tests that show anticardiolipin antibodies? Have any longer-term users experience mysterious health conditions that they think could be related to MT2?

Would love to hear any feedback - thanks!
  2. #2 13th May 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Hearing Loss and Anticardiolipin Antibodies

Hello Jal. Iv'e had some bad symptoms manifest over the last few years of use. One that i hadn't payed much attention to was the vision in my right eye. I just assumed this was a natural occurrence but considering the symptoms iv'e had i can't rule out my mt2 use as the culprit. Iv'e had symptoms strikingly similar to drug induced lupus. I hadn't thought to ask for a blood test when i went to the doc with my symptoms last time as he referred me to a dermatologist. I will definitely ask the next time though. I'm visting my derma soon and i'm posting what she says in a thread i made a few weeks back.
  3. #3 13th May 2015 
    Thanks

you aren't using a ED drug now or in the past ?
  4. #4 14th May 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks footsandwich and jimc.

footsandwich - My doctors are exploring the possibility of lupus too. I didn't know it could be brought on by drug use. Can you point me to your thread?

jimc - No use of ED medications ever. Couldn't MT2 have a similar effect on blood flow in unexpected parts of the body though (in my case, around ear cells)?
  5. #5 14th May 2015 
    Thanks

@jal8504

All medications and drugs can cause autoimmune response.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoimmunity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afamelanotide

I´m just a longtime user, and I love MT2.

I will soon have answers to my blood test, as I also have suspected
    MT2 to thins the blood and create internal bleeding.
  6. #6 14th May 2015 
    Thanks

"
    Thanks footsandwich and jimc.

jimc - No use of ED medications ever. Couldn't MT2 have a similar effect on blood flow in unexpected parts of the body though (in my case, around ear cells)?
    "

no because MT2 effects the brain and not the blood like approved ED drugs.
  7. #7 15th May 2015 
    Thanks

I would be super careful what you inject into your body... currently I am under the supervision of a consultant dermotologist having come out in a full body rash... I now have Vasculitis (immune system fighting my blood vessels) and it is painful!*

Ive not injected any MT2 for approx 3 months now having previously used it for approx 4 months with excellent results.

Health is more important now...
  8. #8 15th May 2015 
    Thanks

^^^*
  9. #9 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

@jal8504
    @footsandwich
    @roony

Sorry to hear that MT2 could lead to that.

We all know these frightening warnings against MT2, but I never found some that are scientifically validated.

Here is a list of some serious side effects that are warned against]
    1. cancer of the melanocytes due to overstimulation

2. changes in blood chemistry

3. weakening of the immune system and autoimmune disease

4. blurred vision and moles in the eye

5. heart rhythm disorder

6. cardiovascular disease

7. liver damage

even came with several, so we can discuss them, and decide whether we should stop MT2.

10. #10 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

@ jal
    Sorry meant to post sooner. I was going to post the results in my own thread but it's too long of a read for anyone who's interested haha. I'll be visiting the derma tomorrow and i'll post what she says here considering how short this thread is.

@melanotano
    Yes I agree. There's nothing of any medical significance anywhere on melanotan 2. I have been searching every forum and every site for about two months straight now gathering what info i can find. Everything is purely anecdotal though. I was searching for a post i saw about a year ago of someone describing my symptoms but it's just not there anymore. I think it must have been on the old melanotan.org. For anyone interested my symptoms were, vitiligo/IGH like patches, Skin/joint inflamation (eye sight problems could be attributed also). Iv'e also had significant hair loss lately.

I have stopped using it and judging by the responses being posted lately if someone is experiencing strange health problems whilst on it, i'd urge them to stop. Better be safe and rule it out. It only seems to be from people that have used long term for whatever reason, as if the body's immune system get's confused and attacks in an auto-immune response. That's my opinion and i'm nearly certain that's what i'll be told tomorrow.

@roony that's very worrying to see man i hope that get's better for you. Quite shocking that it developed as fast as it did.
  11. #11 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

@footsandwich

Have told your doctor that you are using MT2?

Yes, the serious side effects are from long-term users. Maybe MT1 is a better choice for long-term.

Please hold us updated.
  12. #12 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

Yes i did. He seemed very casual about it though, open minded even. I would have liked if he had taken it a bit more serious actually if anything. He said there was a possibility it could be an immune reaction but said it was more likely something that would resolve itself over time like pityriasis alba or tinea versicolour. He referred me to a dermatologist to get an accurate diagnosis though.

Yes i was thinking the same about mt1 as well, definitely seems more tolerable from what iv'e read although iv'e never used it.

Will do
  13. #13 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

Keep us posted on your progress... I agree its really difficult to find any serious health info on using MT2.. apart from hot flushes and sickness etc...

Reading some of the comments on this posting I can now see that the immune system is at risk and this may have caused my vasculitis.* My next appt with the dermotologist is on the 29th May..

I was only on MT2 for 6 wks.. so it may be just back luck for me or may be its nots MT2 and I've been hit with another Illness?* * its just strange that it coincides with MT2

"
    @ jal
    Sorry meant to post sooner. I was going to post the results in my own thread but it's too long of a read for anyone who's interested haha. I'll be visiting the derma tomorrow and i'll post what she says here considering how short this thread is.

@melanotano
    Yes I agree. There's nothing of any medical significance anywhere on melanotan 2. I have been searching every forum and every site for about two months straight now gathering what info i can find. Everything is purely anecdotal though. I was searching for a post i saw about a year ago of someone describing my symptoms but it's just not there anymore. I think it must have been on the old m.org. For anyone interested my symptoms were, vitiligo/IGH like patches, Skin/joint inflamation (eye sight problems could be attributed also). Iv'e also had significant hair loss lately.

I have stopped using it and judging by the responses being posted lately if someone is experiencing strange health problems whilst on it, i'd urge them to stop. Better be safe and rule it out. It only seems to be from people that have used long term for whatever reason, as if the body's immune system get's confused and attacks in an auto-immune response. That's my opinion and i'm nearly certain that's what i'll be told tomorrow.

@roony that's very worrying to see man i hope that get's better for you. Quite shocking that it developed as fast as it did.
    "
  14. #14 17th May 2015 
    Thanks

Is MT1 a lot less risky?* and can it be purchased easily?

"
    @footsandwich

Have told your doctor that you are using MT2?

Yes, the serious side effects are from long-term users. Maybe MT1 is a better choice for long-term.

Please hold us updated.
    "
  15. #15 18th May 2015 
    Thanks

@footsandwich
    I also have some small spots that are not as brown as the skin in general. I also suspect Tinnea Versicolor and / or lack of melanocytes, and it has become more evident after a winter on* MT2 and a lot of sunbed.
    But this is absolutely not harmful. I'm sure that I always had this, but first discover it now, because my skin is brown. So I see it as a positive result of MT2.
    Have you been tested your blood?
    I have never heard of hair loss related to MT2, and for my part, so hair grows like weeds.

@roony
    A cure in only 6 weeks, rarely cause side effects. I'm more concerned about the use of an impure substance and thus contaminate the blood. Can you PM me, on which vendor you used.

Yes, opinions are that MT1 is less risky, and it has been approved in Italy and Switzerland, with a prescription. You can often find MT1, the same places as they have MT2.
  16. #16 18th May 2015 
    Thanks

@roony

Thanks for your PM.

You will find more info about MT1 here]* http://melanotanforum.com/melanotan/
    But MT2 are much more potent.

The reason that there is no serious discussion about the serious side effects here, I believe is because we are not doctors and only come with our own experience.
    We must also be careful to give MT2 blame for everything.

Perhaps originates your symptoms from a mild blood infection from unclean water, drug, skin or syringe.

Keep us updated, please.
  17. #17 21st May 2015 
    Thanks

Went to the derma the other day.

The hair loss]She said there is two possible reasons for the rapid loss. The first is telogen effluvium. This is where the body sheds hair rapidly. and the hair follicles are put into a resting state. Due to intense stress. ( I had my symptoms manifesting which took its toll then underwent shoulder surgery.)This means there will be noticeable thinning for a few months but it should come back. the second is more sinister.
    The other possibility is that it could have been caused by an immune response to mt2 as there is also inflammation. If this is the case the hair follicles could be permanently damaged. This is a permanent, severe type of alopecia. She booked a blood test with my gp for next week and has me booked in for a scalp biopsy.

The white parts/patches]Apparently these are permanent. they are on my face around my lips and the corner of my mouth. there is no hair growing out of them which makes me wonder whether that is what i have on my scalp. If that is the case then the hair loss would be permanent which is awful.

A mole]I had a mole for about two years that looks like a melanoma. I'm not particularly worried about it as i know it is due to the mt2 but try telling that to a derma. I'm booked in to get that removed soon as well.

She said in the blood test they will be testing for immune response antibodies. I couldn't remember the name of the antibodies in this thread but i assume they will be tested for.
    She also of course told me not to touch mt2 again.

18. #18 21st May 2015 
    Thanks

@footsandwich

Thank you, I appreciate your answer.

Sad that losing hair ]
    I have received an answer to my blood tests and they are all good, but I got just a health check and have not told about MT2. So maybe i am not tested for it all.

Remember to get a print of your test results so we can compare our values.

I've also got my black moles examined and there was not melanoma.
  19. #19 7th July 2015 
    Thanks

@footsandwich thanks for the great update and info. In your blood tests, did they see anticardiolipin (ACL) antibodies? Have you stayed away from MT-2 since seeing the doctor? If so, has it helped?

Also, how much were you dosing before starting to see these problems? I wonder if a minimal approach might be safer (like 10 mg/year total).
  20. #20 7th July 2015 
    Thanks

Unfortunately they didn't test for the anticardiolipin antibodies so i don't know if it was a positive test. This is what they tested for:

"ENA screen" - multi test
    "IGM Rheumatoid factor" - Arthritis
    "Anti nuclear antibody" - Lupus (among other things)

I read the legend that came with the blood rep and the it said that the "ENA screen" tests for the following ones in one go, RNP/SM/SSA/SSB/SCL70/JO1 - I'm not sure what they are but I assume anti-cardiolipin would be abbreviated to ACL or something like that? They were all negative btw although the antinuclear was ever so slightly raised. Nothing of concern though apparently.

I do however think that if i had injected prior/soon to the blood test i could have possibly had a positive reading for one of them.

I have stayed away for a couple of months at this stage and the sides are practically non existent. My skin is still patchy with white spots and kind of old looking? if that makes sense.. like greasy but dry? hard to explain. The hair is still falling out which is a bummer, but the derma thinks this is telogen effluvium. I'm not convinced but i'm giving it time. I'll know in 6 months which is irritating to say the least.
    My joints have improved drastically though which is brilliant.

I have also started to use mt1 and i'm liking it so far. the sides are practically non existent compared to mt2. i still get a mild sort of burning sensation in my face post injection but it subsides much quicker compared to the other melanotan.

Yeh I think you're on to something there.
    I'll be the first to admit i dosed way to high for far too long. I would dose between 1mg ed or .5 ed then sometimes 1mg eod or .5 eod. I used it for hair darkening as much as anything else and that requires a lot of high dosing which i wouldnt recommend. I have no way to prove it, but i think if i had been a bit more sensible/structured with my dosing regimen, i might not have built such an extreme allergy to the peptide. Lesson learned I guess!