• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

Melanotan has changed my life.

After months of research and benefiting tremendously from this very forum I began my MT use in Feb-2015. I started with MT1 and switched over to MT2 (I still use both). I dosed conservatively and had gradual exposure to the sun. Within a few weeks a nice tan developed. My tolerance of the sun is absolutely incredible. I have not burned once while on MT. Recently I went to Florida on a vacation, where it was 95 degrees every day with a UV index of 10 daily. I was able to be out in the direct sunlight for hours without any adverse effects. I have NEVER been able to do that in my life. The feeling was so liberating its actually hard to explain. My life has changed, I will be able to go to more warm climate locations, attend parties in the summer and actually live a normal existence. I cannot say enough about MT.

Yes, I do experience some side effects such as increased moles, some freckles and some white spots (possibly IGH) on my forearms. For people researching this, it is a very personal choice whether to use MT or not. For me the positives far outweigh the side effects. Do NOT overdo it. I plan on using indefinitely. The entire week I was in FLA I did not inject MT due to the concern I had of traveling with the peptide. However my tan got much deeper and darker and I did not burn once ! People have complimented me several occasions. I hope the peptide obtains prescription status someday soon as it is a LIFE changer.
  2. #2 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Melanotan has changed my life.

These stories are incredible for people like us pale/fair skinned folk who could never ever get a tan to feel amazing. I feel your happiness I really do and I'm not just saying that b/c I felt the exact same. It's an incredible drug with so much potential and if studied/analysed more it could be available to buy without labs selling them under the 'research only' headline. I hear MT-1 is being approved and that is tremendous news. MT-2 on the only hand - seems like it might take a little while if ever to be legalised, obviously it enters the blood brain barrier and is much more powerful than the latter but really I haven't heard of one really bad story that could put me off. It seems IGH is present because a few people including me have reported white patches.. on the arms in particular they're a pain but I view them as beauty marks - it's a very personal decision as a human you make like you said. People choose to smoke or drink we choose to inject Melanotan. Really happy for you and like you I will be taking almost indefinitely for a very, very long time.
  3. #3 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

Another success :-)
    Agree, MT2 should be issued for type 1 and 2, a prescription.
    I can live with freckles, spots, moles, IGH - but it will be difficult to return to type-1.
  4. #4 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks Cackler and I agree Melanotano !! The white spots do not bother me much at all. You can really only see mine when inside lighting. Out in the sun my entire arm is brown. Lets hope the Research companies do not get forced out of business.
  5. #5 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

OMG Do you really think they would get forced out of business? Personally I think there are less horror stories compared to a few years ago. Maybe people see that there are more and more longterm users without any serious side effects.
    I suppose it will always be available. We all have the formula. It's not that one day we wouldnt have access to it anymore.
  6. #6 1st July 2015 
    Thanks

That's okay marvin Don't worry melanotano MT-2 and 1 will never disappear there's too much money been put into it for that to happen and I agree these "horror stories" where people had loss of eyesight, heart irregularities, melanoma they were all probably made up by people trying to scare serious potential/would be users away right about when it started to get popular in 2010.
  7. #7 2nd July 2015 
    Thanks

Any drug has horror stories, i mean, i saw one last year in a UK tabloid where a women overdosed on cannabis which is actually scientifically impossible

It seems we're inundated with "carrots linked to cancer" then the next week "cancer has cancer treatment properties".
  8. The Following User Says Thank You to tanneroo For This Useful Post:

Dnlmaxwell (7th July 2018)

9. #8 3rd July 2015 
    Thanks

Great to hear the success stories, the peps are a game changer for sure. To be perfectly honest though, I can't see mt2 ever being legalised as it is just to far reaching in terms of what receptors it acts on and how profound the effects are at such low doses. I may be biased as I've had a bad run recently with mt2 bit I'll eat my words if I'm proved wrong. You can quote me on that lol

Mt1 on the other hand is definitely the way forward. The scenesse implants are the most practical and safe treatments available in terms of melanocortin peptides. I would be confident that it will eventually be made available as a cosmetic option for us fair skinned individuals. If not mt1 then a newer peptide still, bit definitley not mt2. I just can't see it happening. Its simply not marketable.
  10. #9 3rd July 2015 
    Thanks

explain more about this bad run footsandwhich?
  11. #10 3rd July 2015 
    Thanks

Well, bad run would be putting it lightly haha. I have a thread about it called "possible destruction of melanocytes" i think you commented on it recently. I basically had a immune reaction that progressed over time and was moved up a gear when I used a specific supplier. It used to be that only that mt2 from that supplier that gave the extreme sides, but at this stage i can't touch any mt2 regardless of supplier. I get an extreme burning sensation in my skin which is more severe in certain spots. Some of these spots become inflamed and leave a hypopigmented spot after they subside. I have also had weakened joints, eye problems and hair loss. How much of these symptoms i can directly link to mt2 is a good question. The only ones i can be certain of are the burning hypopigmented spots.

My dermatologist thinks it was/is a lupus reaction induced by the mt2. She advised me to stop which i have for a months at this stage. Although the red/pink spots havent appeared on my scalp, i have had severe burning and patchy hair loss. Similar to what lupus hair loss looks like. My derma put this down to telogen effluvium rather than scarring alopecia which is a relief but i'm not convinced. The hairs that i have falling out are in the anagen stage ( the hair that falls out from chemo etc. but obviously at a slower rate) I went to her recently was supposed to get a scalp biopsy but she convinced me there was no point.( 1 the money, 2 it should stop soon by itself if the mt2 did cause it.) she gave me diprosalic to slow possible progression. Again im not too hopeful but i'll give it time.

I started using mt1 today and injected .5 of a mg and had a mild burning sensation in my face, similar to the mt2 but much milder. I hope my body will give it a pass.im praying* that its not that actual tan the peptides produce that ive a reaction to, rather the chemical of mt2 istelf. time will tell!
  12. #11 3rd July 2015 
    Thanks

I really can't talk about hair loss, burning of the skin, eyesight or anything like that (sorry!) however - I do achnowledge the joint pains.. really very, very sharp at times I have to get up and start stretching out and even than it still persists. As I type this now my arm has a sharp tingling sensation. Yeah I commented on that subject, it was very informative to say the least. If I were you and all that happened to me I would STOP without a ? I mean that's a lot to deal with with on a very personal level you must feel one of the unlucky ones. Well at least you did stop, maybe let that tan go completely from the supplier you bought it from then cycle back on with a new fresh supplier? I've personally never ever heard of MT-2 making people lose their hair and I've been researching Melanotan for over 3 years nor have I heard of spots on the body becoming inflamed WOW i don't know what to say.. these sides are unheard of to me :-/ I don't want to sound rude but maybe we could rule this out as being a side or very rare? I hope everything turns out for the better (im sure it will) keep us all updated as w/ as a community grow and become better educated and more understanding of the drug we take to get a better visual improvement even though nobody cares about what we look like except us.* For me my biggest sides to this are the white patches and joint pains. The positives; well, there's many but that's another subject.
  13. #12 4th July 2015 
    Thanks

I understand man I don't think you're being rude. The symptoms I have are similar to* duscoid lupus. If you look that up you'll understand what I'm talking about. I do not have it to the same extent as people who have it as a genuine autoimmune disorder though by a long a shot thank God, its a truly terrible disease. Lupus can be "drug induced" meaning the sides subside normally within two weeks of stoppage of the culprit drug. These reactions can also take years to manifest. One day your body just realises "hey, this chemical should't be here?" And then goes into attack mode. It can happen with many drugs. So rather than the drug itself doing this to me its how my body reacts to it is the problem. I mean I did use it for two to three years with very little sides relative to what I get now if I so much as look at a bottle lol.

Ye the tan has long since faded I'm hating it haha. We've really good weather now so I plan to try 1mg now and then 1mg later (mt1). I'll throw on some sun cream after a few minutes though. Don't think my body could take much uv yet at this stage

There was also a thread called "anticardiolipin antibodies" or something along those lines. It's an interesting read. A few others experienced strange\ severe sides. Worth a read man. Thanks for the well wishes, really appreciate it back at you
  14. #13 4th July 2015 
    Thanks

Thank-you for the kind words man. I was once told to love the skin I'm wearing well that's kind of hard when you desire/aspire to have other people's. I got to the point where I had enough, literally I was so depressed I couldn't ever get a tan I understand you footsandwhich maybe what's happened to you could happen to me or something different maybe not now but maybe 20 years but that's something I will accept as someone said on this forum (don't know who?) when you give yourself to this you give in to the fate of the unknown which is very true but the trick is not to be worried, that creates anxiety and someting you don't want as that can have health implications. I don't think it's the body saying it shouldn't be here all of a sudden that would be perhaps too obvious, I think it could be the supplier you've had a problem with (hoping) and therefore created a problem within your body and for how long? Have you taken any other drugs that might of caused this? It's interesting you mention MT-1 I've never thought about it to be honest with you - I read it takes a long time to work for low skin types perhaps nearly a year and is very costly
  15. #14 5th July 2015 
    Thanks

MT will change the lives of a type-1 in a very positive way. Side effects will be acceptable compared to the result.

I had wanted it existed when I was born, and my mother had given me at birth ]And that 'laws would not punish my mother for it.
  16. #15 5th July 2015 
    Thanks

No I'm certain it's the mt2. Iv'e accepted i can't use it again and i'm fine with it.

I started the mt1 there two days ago now and my body definitely accepted it. I'm over the moon haha. I was out in the sun for ten/twenty or so minutes before i put on factor 50. the next day (yesterday) i had a slight red tinge - nowhere near the burn i would have received had i not utilised the mt1 i obviously try to avoid burning altogether but it comes with the territory in the early days for mt1 usage i hear.

I'm aware of the costs and that could be a problem. What i'm planning to do though is wait until "propeptides.com" have their blowout sale - 10 dollar vials ]I plan to stock up maybe 3 shipments to maximise the chances of customs giving them the slip. It pisses me off that they guarantee to the u.k only. Is this some commonwealth postal thing?? (genuine question to anyone who'd know, they're Canadian)

I plan to keep it at 2mgs a day for a while and then when i Have enough there, move it up to 3 possibly 4 mgs a day. I can't seem to find a log of anyone who's dosed long and high on mt1. I'm really curious to see what could be achieved. If i do somehow get enough to run it a those doses i might do a log myself. Could be interesting
  17. #16 5th July 2015 
    Thanks

"

I plan to keep it at 2mgs a day for a while and then when i Have enough there, move it up to 3 possibly 4 mgs a day. I can't seem to find a log of anyone who's dosed long and high on mt1. I'm really curious to see what could be achieved.
    "

Keep us updated about it ]
  18. #17 6th July 2015 
    Thanks

I would give it up a year then say go back on it. I'm sure you'll have the urge to give it one more shot. Nice to hear your body accepted it man . No I don't work for them either or anything like that but they're good they been my supplier for over 2 years and I've said to a few people buy from them - yes guaranteed shipping to the UK for sure, but not the U.S.? I wouldn't know why there is a risk of it being seized I mean it is only a peptide. Definitely think a sustained log on MT-1 would be great, Melanotan has done a few I think. I'm starting to get a tan right now getting dark freckles galore and maximising the 2/3 months of summer here in Britain as the 9 months after that are miserable let me assure you
  19. #18 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I know how you feel. I was pale freckled and couldn't tan at all until I discovered MT2 which was given to me by my GP 6 years ago when I lived in New Zealand. I have been using it consistently for 6 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. My freckles actually blend in now to the rest of my skin rather than stand out and I have an all year round tan. Although I do take less in the winter so its not obvious. I live in the UK now where I have to buy it online but the results are still amazing.

I am worried though as I am moving to Melbourne, Australia in few months and I've heard its hard to get hold of there :-S
  20. #19 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Talktomikey@gmail.com View Post
    I know how you feel. I was pale freckled and couldn't tan at all until I discovered MT2 which was given to me by my GP 6 years ago when I lived in New Zealand. I have been using it consistently for 6 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. My freckles actually blend in now to the rest of my skin rather than stand out and I have an all year round tan. Although I do take less in the winter so its not obvious. I live in the UK now where I have to buy it online but the results are still amazing.

I am worried though as I am moving to Melbourne, Australia in few months and I've heard its hard to get hold of there :-S
    You shouldn't worry. I'm sure you can order it online in Australia.
    I have a friend who is ginger. His skin is very and his back, arms and shoulders are literally all covered in freckles.. Would melanotan help him look better?
  21. #20 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I can only speak from my own personal experience but I would say yes. I've heard bad stories in the media that speak of it making your freckles darker but I have never experienced this. I've also never been sunburnt since using it either. I think it really does protect your skin from the sun. I would say definitely get him to try it. Worst case scenario if it did make his freckles darker once he stopped using it they would fade back to normal in a few weeks anyway.