• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 23rd June 2015 
    Thanks

Switching to melanotan 1

Hi there,

(I'm aware there's and mt1 sub-forum but the mt2 section obviously gets more traffic so...* ;D)

I have decided to give the tanning game one last shot before i concede. I've come to realise mt2 just doesn't agree with my body in any way. I'm desperate to get back some sort of colour though and i simply can't achieve this naturally so i'm gonna give mt1 a stab. Iv'e read it's extremely close to A-msh so my immune system shouldn't go apeshit like it does with mt2. (Fingers crossed)

I'm a complete newb when it comes to this pep and i need to be schooled on a few things please and thanks.

!. How much mt1 would an extreme skin type 1 (myself), need to achieve a tan? And at what time frame?
    2. What's the loading protocol or is there even one to begin with ie. would it be better to dose every day continuously?
    3. How long does the tan last compared to mt2? say if two same skinned individuals achieved identical tans, one with mt1 and the other mt2, which would last longer or is that a stupid q? haha
    4. At what quantity does hair darkening occur? (please tell me this is possible* ]5. Does the skin thicken as much as it does with mt2?

I'd love to hear anyones experiences with this pep, especially those who have tried both peps for comparison* ]
    Oh yeh, also are there any decent sources in the europe area? preferably UK.

I'm planning on ordering from propeptides.com when they have their blowout sale but that isn't til July late i'm told. I'd buy off them now but it's full price and too big a risk to get it from Canada to Europe. They only Guarantee Canada to UK delivery for some reason..
  2. #2 25th June 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Switching to melanotan 1

First off, if MT2 didn't treat your body well, I would abstain from MT1. How do you figure MT-1 is extremely close to a-msh? Crossing my fingers your experience will be positive* 8)

1) 50-150mg, possibly 6-9 months
    2) Dose the first couple injections low and then dose often (daily or most days is good)
    3) If identical melanin has been developed, the time should be equivalent (it's near impossible to achieve what you can with MT-2 w/ MT-1)
    4) It doesn't
    5) Of course not
  3. #3 26th June 2015 
    Thanks

"
    First off, if MT2 didn't treat your body well, I would abstain from MT1. How do you figure MT-1 is extremely close to a-msh? Crossing my fingers your experience will be positive* 8)

1) 50-150mg, possibly 6-9 months
    2) Dose the first couple injections low and then dose often (daily or most days is good)
    3) If identical melanin has been developed, the time should be equivalent (it's near impossible to achieve what you can with MT-2 w/ MT-1)
    4) It doesn't
    5) Of course not
    "

In terms of structure afamelanotide is only barely different from natural human a-MSH hormone. the effects however are much more potent and longer lasting. it even has a higher binding affinity to mc1r than a-msh or mt2 have. you have a different opinion?

mt2 was definitely giving me more mental side effects than mt1 does (re: fatigue, lethargy). the only side effects i get from mt1 are very slight abdominal discomfort which was noted in the initial trials as well whereas mt2 gave me a plethora of sides.
  4. #4 26th June 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks for the input guys

Bdvince's reply is what my theory is* aswell melanotan. hope it goes to plan.

Thanks for answering all the q's.

I'll start the loading and use as you recommend but if I feel my body can take it I'll gradually increase up to 3mgs (possibly more) a day I'm thinking? Sounds like and astronomical amount but mt1 is significantly less potent mg wise isnt it?

At this dose I'd be curious to see what can be acheived and in what time frame. I've read somewhere on pubmed (can't remember precisely) that afamelanotide produced no immune response after high dosage, long term. What they defined as a high dose and long term I'm not sure, but I'm willing to try.

5. #5 26th January 2016 
    Thanks
    It is sad that a fellow melanotan 2 user is switching to melanotan 1. Anyway, whatever suits you best, good luck with your decision! I hope you get the best tan with mt-1