• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd January 2015 
    Thanks

Interested in taking Melanotan 1...HELP

Hi all,* skin type 3 here,* burns then tans.* pretty normal mid-western guy.* looking to just get the extra boost from melanotan 1 to help protect while on vacation in March.*

help/info needed

1. dosing info,* (will purchase only 1 vial of 10 mg of melanotan 1)
    2. sodium chloride or bacteriostatic water??*
    3. minimal doses and side effects.

My goal is to just take a minimal dosage, once a week, is that enough?* Vacation is march 23-30. want to prepare.*

Thoughts, suggestions, input??* thanks!
  2. #2 22nd January 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Interested in taking Melanotan 1...HELP

Hey funeralguy1, ty for the question. Do you plan on traveling with Melanotan 1 and dosing while on vacation? How is your skin tone at present?

Depending on where you are going (how intense the sun will be), I might be inclined to start on a vial prior (get acclimated & avoid/minimize incidences of burning) and bring some along with (if you'll be spending time tanning while on vacation).

Irregardless, I like starting at a low dosage to test the waters (also desensitize to the peptide had there be any sensitivity), ie.]
    Now unfortunately there are not advanced drug delivery systems available on the market, so dosing weekly is out of the question. For best results I would recommend dosing about daily....

Sodium chloride is mainly used when bacteriostatic water cannot be found (Nacl is fine given the rate of use per 10mg mt-1 vial is rather fast). In the USA you should be able to purchase bacteriostatic water (or bacteriostatic sodium chloride) from a vendor who does not require an Rx.

Only side effect i've noticed from Melanotan 1 (Afamelanotide) is a very brief and mild wave of nausea.
  3. #3 23rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Also note that 10 mg is a very low amount, depending of the dossage i would recommend not less than 15-20mg. This amount for a multi-daily dossage in 15-20 days.
  4. #4 4th February 2015 
    Thanks

I really didnt want to bring this stuff along while on my trip.* if I take it right up before I leave, I would think it would work while im out in the sun?* I plant on using a tanning lotion with SPF sunscreen as well on face. I would think I would still get some decent color while using sunscreen, yes?
  5. #5 4th February 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I really didn't want to bring this stuff along while on my trip.* if I take it right up before I leave, I would think it would work while im out in the sun?* I plan on using a tanning lotion with SPF sunscreen as well on face. I would think I would still get some decent color while using sunscreen, yes?
    "
    That's understandable, bringing the product and supplies with you can be a hassle. Unfortunately it's doubtful taking the product leading up to the trip will work while you spend time out in the sun. Melanotan will not be responsible for helping to get some decent color (may offer minimal added protection at best) as it is fast acting and the action is brief within the body.