• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 23rd July 2014 
    Thanks

Alternative Forskolin

Even though it's been discussed in the melitane topic, it would be less confusing that forskolin has its own topic.
  2. #2 22nd August 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative Forskolin

Forskolin update:
    After 3 weeks of use, only mild tanning result without hair darkening. In the meantime I have come up with a better penetration base, but now I'm out of forskolin. It's too expensive to continue unless I can find a more affordable product that is authentic. So far I have not seen anything except what Djen had used in the past, but I'm skeptical of that product being authentic.
  3. #3 22nd August 2014 
    Thanks

Melitane took me two months to start seeing the first results and it's cheaper. It also turns out I haven't used the strongest concentration, so that could only get better.
    Anyway I would be pleased to see further forskolin results as well.
  4. #4 18th October 2014 
    Thanks

I have just heard about people having results with forskolin on hair darkening but having used ethanol so it was irritating to continue, maybe some people over here can help looking for a more friendly carrier.
  5. #5 28th October 2014 
    Thanks

Would DMI work with 20 pct forskolin?

New link I hadn't seen before]
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3857937/
  6. #6 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks

If anyone would speak German, here's a topic on forskolin:

http://aging-und-praevention.de/verschiedenes-f21/forskolin-creme-und-shampoo-selber-machen-t7702-s25.html
  7. #7 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not very interesting, they mention;
    200ml "moisturizer" (no brand or reference given except for anti-aging)
    20 capsules (or about 2g) of forskolin 10%. They mention LEF, imagine its these - http://www.lef.org/vitamins-supplements/item01544/forskolin
    10g of caffeine

Other than that not very much of interest, except he reports he also required sunlight in order for it to work.

I'd imagine if things were this simple JROD would have reported better success.

"
    Forskolin update]After 3 weeks of use, only mild tanning result without hair darkening. In the meantime I have come up with a better penetration base, but now I'm out of forskolin. It's too expensive to continue unless I can find a more affordable product that is authentic. So far I have not seen anything except what Djen had used in the past, but I'm skeptical of that product being authentic.
    "

Have you had any advancement on this? How did the NaturalinBio lead come out?

Tom
  8. #8 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks

Someone on this website used 55 pct forskolin with results. I also wonder if people don't give up too quickly, especially topicals could take longer to work.

I also wonder how to add something like DMI to this solution ( looking at the solubility). In the end it's a good carrier and forskolin was proven to turn pheomelanin into eumelanin.
  9. #9 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Someone on this website used 55 pct forskolin with results. I also wonder if people don't give up too quickly, especially topicals could take longer to work.

I also wonder how to add something like DMI to this solution ( looking at the solubility). In the end it's a good carrier and forskolin was proven to turn pheomelanin into eumelanin.
    "

55% is an odd amount, they normally come in the extract standardized concentrations of 10, 20, 40 and 98%. It may be a mixture of two types?

There's a gap of 11 months between the initial post and his 'it works, kind of' post, he didn't seem too amazed by the results, but he said it allowed him to tan where he normally doesn't. It may be his carrier was very inefficient.

Tom
  10. #10 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks

I think carriers are the most important issue when it comes to making something work or not. The person I've been in touch with had bought it mixed with alcohol, it darkened hair but the alcohol was irritating.
    In the initial testing they used 80 grams of forskolin, 70 pct propylene glycol and 30 pct of alcohol.
    As DMI is considered to be a good and more gentle alternative for PG, I think it could be replaced by it. But as DMI should only be used diluted, probably only ten percent of it should be mixed with ( distilled) water.
    More scientific people could elaborate on this one.
  11. #11 8th November 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Not very interesting, they mention;
    200ml "moisturizer" (no brand or reference given except for anti-aging)
    20 capsules (or about 2g) of forskolin 10%. They mention LEF, imagine its these - http://www.lef.org/vitamins-supplements/item01544/forskolin
    10g of caffeine

Other than that not very much of interest, except he reports he also required sunlight in order for it to work.

I'd imagine if things were this simple JROD would have reported better success.

"
    Forskolin update]After 3 weeks of use, only mild tanning result without hair darkening. In the meantime I have come up with a better penetration base, but now I'm out of forskolin. It's too expensive to continue unless I can find a more affordable product that is authentic. So far I have not seen anything except what Djen had used in the past, but I'm skeptical of that product being authentic.
    "

Have you had any advancement on this? How did the NaturalinBio lead come out?

Tom
    "

Still working on getting a good supplier. NaturalinBio said that their product is a very low percentage and that it would not be suitable for me to test.

This is the last response I received from them. I was a little confused.*

"Glad to get your reply.

Because some of our customer have tested our powder and found that there is only very very small content of forskolin.

And also our extract powder is brown powder and it can not be soluble in water or oil. That's why we say it is not suitable for your products.

Sorry.

Any comments, that will be appreciated.

Best regards,"
  12. #12 8th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That is odd, they were offering 10, 20, 40 and 98% by HPLC, I'm not sure how it could then be discovered to be a low concentration by their customer.

It may be that they outsource it and have had issues with it since I had enquired - it was a few months back. I've checked through my other sources and nothing looks promising unfortunately. I will keep looking though!

Tom
  13. #13 8th November 2014 
    Thanks

20 or 40 percent should be suitable. You probably got in touch with a customer service agent usually selling it for oral usage. It's soluble in other agents and then you can get other ingredients to make it work.
  14. #14 9th November 2014 
    Thanks

Probably just should of said for developing supplements then.
  15. #15 9th November 2014 
    Thanks

They probably have no experience with it, just sell it. The DMI route might be interesting for forskolin as well, it's a more gentle carrier.
  16. #16 1st December 2014 
    Thanks

Over here you can find a topic on formulating

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/transdermals/89916-forskolin-transdermal-fat.html

maybe someone can elaborate on it and see if it's also a good one for hair.
  17. #17 1st December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Over here you can find a topic on formulating

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/trans...ermal-fat.html

maybe someone can elaborate on it and see if it's also a good one for hair.
    "

Looks like he's using forskolin 20% which is interesting. He also swaps between imperial and metric which makes me twitch. ]

Doesn't look like he's developed one for hair, but didn't the original study do both? Although targeted tanning on the hair could give you a darkened scalp and lighter body/face which would be undesirable.
    [hr]
    For the benefit of other readers I'll pull the relevant details here.
    "
    I think the best way to do it would be to mix the emulsion with the solvent then add the solvent to the gel.

Gel phase
    water 5oz
    polymer sp thickner(sodium polyacrylate) .4oz

Solvent phase
    91% isopropyl alcohol 2oz
    dmge .8oz
    propylene glycol .8oz
    d-limonene .8oz
    Forskolin 10g
    green tea 5g

emulsion phase
    emulsifying wax .8oz
    extra virgin organic cocounut oil .2oz
    extra virgin olive oil .2oz
    sweet almond oil .2oz
    "

He then noted
    "
    I've been using about 64mg forskolin ed with my 1t-4ad transdermal and I do have some noticeable tan lines before applying. I have not been in the sun tanning my back and chest at all.
    "
  18. #18 1st December 2014 
    Thanks

Thank you, Tom. Maybe one of the ingredients could be replaced by another ingredient more suitable for hair. All tips are welcome.
  19. #19 4th December 2014 
    Thanks

How different is 91% isopropyl alcohol 2oz from ethanol as our forum member Cees complained that the ethanol was irritating? Don't know about the original study as I said I wondered what exactly I should change for hair.
  20. #20 5th December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    How different is 91% isopropyl alcohol 2oz from ethanol as our forum member Cees complained that the ethanol was irritating? Don't know about the original study as I said I wondered what exactly I should change for hair.
    "
    He goes into his selections here. It appears he knows a little about formulation but the majority is pitched in from others.

[hr]
    "
    What do you think is better for a main solvent Ethyl Alcohol or Isopropyl?
    "
    Which is followed by
    "
    Isopropyl. Make sure you get some propylene glycol. It keeps skin moist which is necessary when using chemical such as isopropyl which will dry out skin subsequently reducing aborption.
    "