• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topical MT2

1. #21 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Topical MT2

@JROD: did you read the pubmed article on "cheaper" forskolin being as effective, could be a more affordable solution, just look into it. I once ordered it, had it mixed with several carriers and one of them ( something gel based) seemed to work but I ran out of product and never knew the formula ( a pro did it for me and she didn't want to reveal her secret)
  2. #22 17th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

Currently, Im working on a forskolin topical formulation to test, in which I will begin testing this weekend. However, the cost of pure authentic forskolin from a reputable lab is a significant deterrent. Thus, I would be interested in attempting to develop a MT2 topical formulation, if I could find some supportive evidence for the efficacy with skin penetration. I would like to develop my own base cream for MT2, to avoid unnecessary additives, but I need to research what ingredients would assist in effective skin penetration. Achieving adequate skin penetration with water soluble peptides, such as MT2, may be particularly difficult, if it is even possible. That's why I would urge some of you to purchase the cream and mix the MT2 in to test it. My hypothesis is that it probably wont penetrate the top layer of the skin, but its difficult to make that claim without knowing the ingredients. I think if we all work together on this, we may be able to come up with some good results.
    "

That was my thought with the cream; although the info about water soluble penetration is interesting.
    Our only issue with purchasing the cream is the company is very suspect at the moment and I highly doubt it would work.
    I'll put the idea up to a few other people in the company and see if we can make anything happen. There's also the issue that they are the only ones who have this cream and if they were to disappear then we'll be back to square one.

Anyone else willing to take the plunge should keep us updated though! ]
    "
    @JROD]"

Would be interesting to know what the gel was, or if she could produce more?

Tom
  3. #23 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

No it was a young person experimenting with the powder I had ordered in the lab of her boss. One day she said: I'm not doing it anymore, don't want to take any risks, when I asked for a formula she said: no, I'm not giving it ( she was scared I would mention her name as she didn't know me) It felt like a gel and the other products she gave me ( and didn't work) felt like creams. Have asked the question again last week and it was still a big fat no.
  4. #24 17th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    when it comes to applying forskolin and reduce the costs ( pure vs non pure actives), this might be an interesting article]
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19281221
    "
    Djen, Forskolin, is the isolated and active compound that comes from the Coleus forskohlii (plectranthus barbatus). obtaining the authentic plant remains costly. Cheaper versions on the market are either counterfeits or contain minimal amounts of the plant with mostly fillers. Thus, to my knowledge, there are no authentic cheaper versions. Do you know of any?
  5. #25 18th July 2014 
    Thanks

a 1-"containing" Plectranthus barbatus root extract has show to have the same pigmentation effects as the pure, expensive forskolin in this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19281221
    I assume they mean stuff like this: http://www.smartpowders.com/coleus-forskholli-20-forskolin-30-grams.html. They also elaborate on the economical side of it.
  6. #26 18th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    a 1-"containing" Plectranthus barbatus root extract has show to have the same pigmentation effects as the pure, expensive forskolin in this study]http://www.smartpowders.com/coleus-forskholli-20-forskolin-30-grams.html[/url]. They also elaborate on the economical side of it.
    "

If you're using that you could order a sample (1kg) of 10/20/40% forskolin extract from China for about $50-60. Imagine that's what they're doing, repacking it and marking it up.
  7. #27 18th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    a 1-"containing" Plectranthus barbatus root extract has show to have the same pigmentation effects as the pure, expensive forskolin in this study]http://www.smartpowders.com/coleus-forskholli-20-forskolin-30-grams.html[/url]. They also elaborate on the economical side of it.
    "

yeah just like M2 suppliers will sell premixed, nasal and now topical stuff, they make tons of money. But now the most important thing on the forskolin is how to make it work.

If you're using that you could order a sample (1kg) of 10/20/40% forskolin extract from China for about $50-60. Imagine that's what they're doing, repacking it and marking it up.
    "
  8. #28 18th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    "
    "

"
    yeah just like M2 suppliers will sell premixed, nasal and now topical stuff, they make tons of money. But now the most important thing on the forskolin is how to make it work.
    "

Not sure what you mean by that.
    I was just giving any interested party an option to purchase 1kg for $60 rather than 30g for $12, of then same product.
    If one of the issues is cost or large qty required this could be an additional option.
  9. #29 18th July 2014 
    Thanks

Of course and thanks for that. I just want to know what to mix it with before using it. Looking forward to JROD's updates as well.
  10. #30 20th July 2014 
    Thanks

On the last forum there was a thread about mt1 being trialled for topical use. I think there was a picture of a subject's leg with significant tanning where the topical had been applied.

However this australian product seems to be more about using a topical for slow release systemic administration.

This interests me as users in the trial for the mt implant said they experienced tanning in the absence of uv - a indication that small amounts of peptide along with constant slow release provides the ideal results.

11. #31 25th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Of course and thanks for that. I just want to know what to mix it with before using it. Looking forward to JROD's updates as well.
    "

Djen,

Testing for 1 week of forskolin has resulted in no significant tanning effects or hair darkening. Applied to face, eyebrows, beard, and neck. I'm not optimistic with this first test. However, I have concluded thus far that a higher concentration with a better delivery base would probably yield desirable results. Maybe you can help me find a more affordable source so that I can obtain the necessary dosage/potency at a reasonable cost. Do you have any ideas?
  12. #32 26th July 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for keeping us updated, JROD, but this is just the first week. I saw no skin differences on M2 after 2-3 weeks and no hair darkening after something like 20 days. So at this moment there is no need to worry yet although it's really important to make adjustments when it's needed.
    I noticed on chemist corner you don't get any replies to your topic, so if anyone could suggest another board or if we could find formulators-pundits over here, would be even better.
    Asian sellers often sell in bulk.
    The melitane seller told me the PH levels are important, just don't know if it would be the same for forskolin, just trying to help.
    J D'Orazio assured me it works for both skin and hair and that they have done positive tests on humans, so the good thing is: there is a way to make it work, although it could also seen as a bit frustrating but that's still a good thing as we shouldn't give up.
  13. #33 26th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    "

Djen,

Testing for 1 week of forskolin has resulted in no significant tanning effects or hair darkening. Applied to face, eyebrows, beard, and neck. I'm not optimistic with this first test. However, I have concluded thus far that a higher concentration with a better delivery base would probably yield desirable results. Maybe you can help me find a more affordable source so that I can obtain the necessary dosage/potency at a reasonable cost. Do you have any ideas?
    "

What concentration are you currently testing? Most of the fat loss "pure forskolin" are 10%.

The highest I can find is 40%, but at great cost. What sort of weight would be required as well?
  14. #34 7th August 2014 
    Thanks

Just wanted to update on my progress with a topical M2 formulation (lotion) that I had bought online. So far over the course of approximately 2 weeks I have applied the lotion +-5 times (spread out evenly). Each time I applied only a very small drop sized amount of lotion to each underarm (near arm pit). I doubt I have used a tenth of the total bottle (bottle contains 15g of melanotan). Well over the last 2 days I have begun to see considerable color on my face and neck, significantly darker than usual for me. So this really seems to work effectively. Sides have been mainly a flush feeling to the face and feeling of heat all over my body, which lasts an entire day. Very surprisingly I have not noticed any significant darkening of moles or freckles (may still happen). I can't believe it has worked so well with such a small amount used. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Thanks ~ Chris
  15. #35 7th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Just wanted to update on my progress with a topical M2 formulation (lotion) that I had bought online. So far over the course of approximately 2 weeks I have applied the lotion +-5 times (spread out evenly). Each time I applied only a very small drop sized amount of lotion to each underarm (near arm pit). I doubt I have used a tenth of the total bottle (bottle contains 15g of melanotan). Well over the last 2 days I have begun to see considerable color on my face and neck, significantly darker than usual for me. So this really seems to work effectively. Sides have been mainly a flush feeling to the face and feeling of heat all over my body, which lasts an entire day. Very surprisingly I have not noticed any significant darkening of moles or freckles (may still happen). I can't believe it has worked so well with such a small amount used. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Thanks ~ Chris
    "

Sound good! Do you have any before and after photos? Would be particularly interested in the administration site - a lot of people are interested in a localised application.

Think you have the weights mixed up. 15g of melanotan is equivalent to 1500 vials, or about £30,000.
    Thought it said 10mg on the site?

Regards,
    Tom
  16. #36 7th August 2014 
    Thanks

Tom,

Yup, I think I mixed up some of the math. Here are the facts, the bottle contains 30g of lotion and while the website says there are 10mg of Melanotan in the bottle, that is not what I came up with. On the bottle it states that the concentration of M2 is 500mcg/g. Therefore it there are 30g in the bottle, there should be 15mgs of M2. I hope I did those calculations right, I am not used to the metric system and sometimes mix up my calculations. As far as photos, I am sorry to say that I did not take a before photo, but for what it's worth could put up an after photo (of course early on in the current process).

Thanks ~ Chris
  17. #37 7th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Tom,

Yup, I think I mixed up some of the math. Here are the facts, the bottle contains 30g of lotion and while the website says there are 10mg of Melanotan in the bottle, that is not what I came up with. On the bottle it states that the concentration of M2 is 500mcg/g. Therefore it there are 30g in the bottle, there should be 15mgs of M2. I hope I did those calculations right, I am not used to the metric system and sometimes mix up my calculations. As far as photos, I am sorry to say that I did not take a before photo, but for what it's worth could put up an after photo (of course early on in the current process).

Thanks ~ Chris
    "

You did the calculations right. But they have changed the bottle, the one on the site is 20ml, @500mcg/mL = 10mg of 'TANEXIN'* ???* it's melanotan!

Tom
  18. #38 7th August 2014 
    Thanks

Tom,

Yes they definitely changed the bottle. I once again looked at the product on their site and the bottle does not look like the one I got. Mine is a white plastic bottle (of similar size), while they show a silver bottle. It also says 20ml on the bottle, while mine says 30g.

Thanks ~ Chris
  19. #39 7th August 2014 
    Thanks

I think it's important to also experience the side effects of injectable melanotan. Just to make sure it's not some sort of stain.
  20. #40 7th August 2014 
    Thanks

Djen,

I can promise you that it is not a stain, as I only applied small drop sized amounts of the lotion on my underarms, while the tanning effect is showing up on my face and neck.

Later ~ Chris