• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. #181 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I think after almost 30 years of seeing shrinks your words are very kind, but are not going to help me a tiny bit.
    If people are fine with it, great. If people get access to change it, great as well. It's like saying: why cure cancer, let nature decide. In my case it's a disease as well, something that can't be solved with very good therapy.
    As long as you are doing it for yourself, then it's really good. You don't have to think about what other people will say. If you are not happy with what you see in the mirror, why not do some changes, right? I salute you for bravely admitting!
  2. #182 6th November 2015 
    Thanks
    "Gingerness" isn't even a word let alone a disease and it certainly doesn't need a cure. How rude!
  3. #183 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I am glad that some people are experiencing the results they want with their hair color by taking peptides. However, it is a pity that society ridicules certain hair colors which can look really beautiful and most unusual. I think it is is always best to focus on your best points and make the most of them. Peptides may yet be the answer to permanent hair changes.
  4. #184 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I am happy to see some people are getting the results they want for hair color by using peptides. This may be the future answer to changing hair color or even restoring grey. Ginger hair can look great and I am sorry that there are those who ridicule this.
  5. #185 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoB.org View Post
    Agree with DJEN a higher dose daily would also have darkened your facial hair
    I think it also depends on the reactions of the body. There are some who increase the dose, and don't really see nay huge differences compared to the doses they were used to.
  6. #186 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protozoan View Post
    I think it also depends on the reactions of the body. There are some who increase the dose, and don't really see nay huge differences compared to the doses they were used to.
    i agree from my experience. a lot of people on here report needing as much as 1mg for darkening of hair.
    when i took 0.25 mg every other day, My hair went dark brown from dark ginger. not exactly a big dose is it? Other people get almost no results from that. I also managed to tan from 0.25mg injections a few hours before getting in the sun(although 0.5mg was more effective).

I'm 100% a type 1 too. It is all dependent on your own genetics. Right now my hair is light brown and i've been off for 3 months with several haircuts of fresh growth. My hair probably darkened naturally too though, but i do wonder if MT2 has accelerated that or turned on a gene or something.
  7. #187 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric View Post
    i agree from my experience. a lot of people on here report needing as much as 1mg for darkening of hair.
    when i took 0.25 mg every other day, My hair went dark brown from dark ginger. not exactly a big dose is it? Other people get almost no results from that. I also managed to tan from 0.25mg injections a few hours before getting in the sun(although 0.5mg was more effective).

I'm 100% a type 1 too. It is all dependent on your own genetics. Right now my hair is light brown and i've been off for 3 months with several haircuts of fresh growth. My hair probably darkened naturally too though, but i do wonder if MT2 has accelerated that or turned on a gene or something.
    Well, that's good for you! At least you know what works with you.
  8. #188 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    "Gingerness" isn't even a word let alone a disease and it certainly doesn't need a cure. How rude!
    It is kind of rude, but I think he views it that way because he was made fun of and was bullied for being a ginger.
  9. #189 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree with you mate.
  10. #190 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    That's personal, for me it felt like a disease but I won't judge anyone else for it.
  11. #191 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm a full-on ginger and I don't see it as offensive. It might look as a disease to others, but for me - definitely not. Furthermore, being a ginger definitely helps to be more sociable since you have a topic to make small talk about
  12. #192 15th November 2015 
    Thanks
    We all have different colours and characteristics. I can't see anything wrong - or necessarily right - with being ginger! Most of the ginger haired people I've ever known have had superbly creamy skin. Come to think of it, most of them were very creative too, but i doubt that had anything to do with colouring or pigmentation!
  13. #193 22nd November 2015 
    Thanks
    does hair darken with low doses over a long period of time e.g. 0.25mg ED for a year?
  14. #194 5th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Typical dosage range is 0.5 to 2.0 mg/day, with a preferred range of 0.5 to 1.0 mg/day. However, it’s best to first assess tolerance with lower dosing of 0.25 mg at a time.

So, 0.25mg is just to test your tolerance. You'll have to gradually increase your dose to see results.
  15. #195 5th December 2015 
    Thanks
    7 weeks into the nanolash and 1,6 mg of M2 a day, my eyelashes have improved, that's for sure, but it's not gotten to the point where it matches the other hair darkening. In latisse most changes happen between week 8 and 12 with full results at week 16, so I still have a long way to go, but it's nerve wrecking, just because you know you have to wait.
    There doesn't seem to be a difference between 1,4 and 1,6 mg but yet there wasn't a difference between 0,8 and 0,9 either but then at 1 mg there WAS a difference. Anyway, I promised myself never to cross the 2 mg limit, don't want to be a freak. I have a perfect tolerance at 1,6. No side effects at all.
  16. #196 6th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    7 weeks into the nanolash and 1,6 mg of M2 a day, my eyelashes have improved, that's for sure, but it's not gotten to the point where it matches the other hair darkening. In latisse most changes happen between week 8 and 12 with full results at week 16, so I still have a long way to go, but it's nerve wrecking, just because you know you have to wait.
    There doesn't seem to be a difference between 1,4 and 1,6 mg but yet there wasn't a difference between 0,8 and 0,9 either but then at 1 mg there WAS a difference. Anyway, I promised myself never to cross the 2 mg limit, don't want to be a freak. I have a perfect tolerance at 1,6. No side effects at all.
    Yup, still a long way, Djen, but look where you are now. You've gotten so far. Time flies so fast, if you don't pay too much attention to it.
  17. #197 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I just read on Science Direct that "food deprivation increases the expression of melanocortin-4 receptor in the liver". Perhaps combining any treatment dosages you've found working with a very low calorie diet might improve results if this increases expression of other melanocortin receptors. Worth a try.
  18. #198 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    In Belgium there's about to become a new law that bad behaviour against gingers will get punished. You will no longer be allowed to call a ginger redhead or ginger because it's insulting and the number of suicides is very high in the ginger population.
  19. #199 15th January 2016 
    Thanks
    I was shocked that there is a cure to gingerness. I never really thought that there is a way for us to change our natural hair color without dying it. Well, another new piece of knowledge from this forum.
  20. #200 16th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Gingerness? Cure? I think there is none. Just accept the way you are. The truth is I find gingerhead people to be amazing and beautiful. If you could accept yourself being a gingerhead then everything is gonna be okay.