• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #141 8th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Cure for gingerness

Perhaps mix up a very small batch with no DMI. Don't use baking powder to adjust the pH. See if it drops below 5, and by how much.
    If it remains stable at 5 then ask your American company what they think about it. If it does, ask whether that's okay. If it drops below, ask why they don't recommend the DMI.

Tom
  2. #142 8th October 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks, Tom. They told me they don't recommend DMI because their solution already contains dextran.
    I wonder if lower amounts of DMI would already make a difference. 10 ml for a 200 ml total amount of product isn't cheap. Winkey recommended DMI.
  3. #143 8th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's quite interesting. It may be worth asking them about the pH stability issues, imagine you're not the only one.
  4. #144 8th October 2014 
    Thanks

Alright I have asked them the question. Just waiting for their answer now.
  5. #145 8th October 2014 
    Thanks

The answer:
    we pH balance to maximize absorption of acetyl hexapeptide-1. We have no experience with DMI, but we anticipate that pH balancing will impact absorption, and the pH balancing fits with the recommendations of Lucas Meyer. It sets the pH at the isoelectric point of the peptide.

I hope you used baking soda, not baking powder.

Good luck.

J
  6. #146 8th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

So they recommend leaving the pH as it is? Interesting how the information conflicts with your other supplier.

I did originly suggest soda as it's pure sodium bicarbonate, powder generally has another agent in it, in the UK the two are often use synonymously, so I didn't pick up on the change over earlier.
    Powder has potassium bitartrate, when added it will release CO2 and may form a paste when mixed with an acidic substance (which this shouldn't be). This shouldn't cause any issues.

Tom
  7. #147 9th October 2014 
    Thanks

I'm going to look for baking soda now.
    Mixed a new batch of the american product and the PH got to around 5, the third square was very light greened. I had added half of the DMI amount suggested.
    The DMI idea originally came from an ebay seller claiming he works for Lucas Meyer. Before that he recommended alcohol and propylene glycol but I said it could be kinda drying and not the best idea to use close to the eyes.
    The thing is]In Winkey's product it get dark greened which is a PH of 6.
    I'm treating the left part of my head ( eyebrows, lashes included) with the American stuff and the right part with Winkey.
  8. #148 23rd November 2014 
    Thanks

Hi Djen, Still experimenting?
  9. #149 23rd November 2014 
    Thanks

Yeah I'm more than two months in and see some lashes and brows here and there growing in darker, but the end results should take longer. I also think forskolin could bring extras but I need someone to help me with formulating.
  10. #150 28th June 2015 
    Thanks

I'm once again around month 2 and it's starting to get darker again.
    There was a person online claiming to be a scientist and she told me]I did it for a couple of months and then started again two months ago.

On M2 I had eyelash darkening but just not enough to be seen as a real brown haired man.

On Melitane it seems to be the same.

So I suppose a combo of both will result in what I'm looking for, but I haven't tried them simultaneously.
  11. #151 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    I started using M2 again, this time as a combo with melitane, my dosage is 1,1 mg but apart from the first couple of days. I have no side effects. I also take 5 mg of zyrtec just to be safe ( tried 10 mg but then I feel like a Zombie the next morning).
    My eyebrows that didn't darken too much on this dosage of M2 alone are perfect now. They're dark and don't look as fake as when I had my eyebrows tinted.

My eyelashes are also darker although at this point some lashes are darkers than others ( all of them are darker than when I use M2 alone). Maybe it has something to do with a growth fase, so I give it some extra time.

If they don't get to a realistic darkness ( compared to my other hair), I can 1) upper the dose to 1,2 or 1,3 for instance or use a prostaglandin analog ( grandelash should be more gentle than lumigan-latisse) although I don't want bloodshot eyes.
    Extra dosage means extra darkening for hair.

Of course, I'm a tall and big guy and have the lowest type 1, so other people might have the same results on hair with lower dosages.

As a cure for gingerness, I think topics like "taking it on holidays ( or business trips)" are so important. Skipping it for ten days won't do a lot to your skin in terms of lightening, but hair growth returns to normal quickly.
  12. #152 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    OP: May I ask your reason for wanting to "cure" gingerness?
  13. #153 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    I just don't like it. That's personal and darker growing hair looks more natural than when it's dyed. I dyed my eyebrows, tried all colors, did it myself, went to saloons,....and everytime I heard: what's wrong with your eyebrows? Over the last few weeks, I've been complimented that they finally look naturally darker. Also the darker roots growing out feel more natural.

Of course I've been bullied at school, but the first time I dyed my hair, I was like: I would be so much better looking with another hair color.

A girl having bullied me at school described me as her dream man on a dating site.

People having made fun of me at school come over to me and they're very nice, they probably don't know who I am.
  14. #154 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Why would you want a cure for Gingerness? Everyone I know loves Gingers and would love to date em'. I think you're quite lucky being born with red hair, it makes you stand out in crowds. You don't even have to say a word and people are staring at you (Might be a bad thing sometimes). I think you just gotta learn how to "Work" being Ginger. You've got to figure out how to crack jokes about yourself being Ginger. That'd make everyone laugh. Don't try to change the way you were born, you were born that way for a reason.
  15. #155 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmomshairylegs View Post
    Why would you want a cure for Gingerness? Everyone I know loves Gingers and would love to date em'. I think you're quite lucky being born with red hair, it makes you stand out in crowds. You don't even have to say a word and people are staring at you (Might be a bad thing sometimes). I think you just gotta learn how to "Work" being Ginger. You've got to figure out how to crack jokes about yourself being Ginger. That'd make everyone laugh. Don't try to change the way you were born, you were born that way for a reason.
    Some people love it, other people don't and you can't force me into loving something I don't and I'm definitely not going to learn how to do it. Tried it for over thirty years and before running into a psychological topic: this is a place where gingers can change if they like and find the right tips, where we can discuss different "treatments". It's not up to anyone else to tell you what feels right and wrong about our appearances.
  16. #156 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmomshairylegs View Post
    I agree with you love those red heads
  17. #157 24th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    I agree with you love those red heads
    That's great, but people not loving it have the right to seek for solutions.
  18. #158 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    A higher dosage would mean more effect but I would be cautious to slow down. If the 1mg dosage does not improve much after a long period, you can increase the dosage only a little bit.
  19. #159 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    That is true. Most people like to look natural. Imagine a redhead with pale beard, that is so fake when the person in question is a black. I am still researching since i heard of other simpler solutions to this problem but for now i really think that topical M2 is the answer.
  20. #160 3rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I gotta admit that I kinda found this topic strange at first, but I guess I understand where you're coming from. Gingers sometimes stand out too much and that may warrant unwanted attention and strange looks from people. LIke some people have said I think you can increase the dosage just a little bit to make the results appear much faster.