• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th April 2013 
    Thanks

Protect your face from tanning?

im about to start my first cycle next week as soon as my melanotan 2 arives and my only concern is getting a even tan on my face, i have pretty fair skin, probobely type two with gingers being the only thing lighter than me. i planned on going in a tanning bed once a week since there still isnt quite enough sun to wander around shitless and i want a nice even tan but i want to avoid purple lips and a ive seen some grimy face tans in the before and after pics. should i just put a towel over my face or would sunscreen be fine. purple lips is my biggest concern. also i heard somthing about zinc oxide i believe, would that help at all?
    thanks

-also while in tanning beds, do you just go without any sort of tanning lotion?
  2. #2 16th April 2013 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: facial tanning

Welcome jmattsen, good luck with your first cycle. Great that you're aware of the importance of protecting the lips, under-eyes (& nose), SPF/zinc-oxide sunscreen products are helpful (in addition to covering). The upper-truck & face especially tans fast (in most of the population).
    I could be off base, however I believe that tanning of the face (evenly) comes with the territory. Like bodybuilders grow biceps from dead-lifts I think a suntan develops...and appears best/natural when the face is given less attention in the tanning salon. For example, during 12 minutes of tanning in a bed...4 minutes my face would be covered by a towel, keeping the towel covering the eyes/nose/lips the next 4 minutes can expose the head/forehead and lastly a few minutes of exposure or coverage...you know best!
    Tanning lotion/moisturizer with anti-oxidants (on the cheap) is what I like to apply to the body beforehand
  3. #3 17th April 2013 
    Thanks

Re: face tanning

simple enough, thanks for the help