• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #61 11th June 2014 
    Thanks

Re: My Melanotan 2 Nasal Spray Experiment

"
    Hi guys. Firstly thank you very much mtanon, really useful to read your stuff.

Just letting you know i've received 30mg MT2 today in the post and a nasal applicator. I guess i'm going about it a different way to the OP as i'm just using the peptide and bacteriostatic water. Truth be told that was the instruction on the website I ordered from, and I've tried 3 sprays and it didn't hurt at all just using the water. Guess it will be more runny than your method though, although I haven't had any go down my throat.

I did feel a bit of nausea, but no where near as long lasting as I used to get it. I think I'm type 1/2, brown hair but never used to tan at all when i was younger. I've been using MT2 in the summer for the past 4 years, and must say compared to my sister It's been much more effective on me. There have been times where I've just used 10mg and been pretty brown!

Will keep you posted with progress. Going to leave it a few days before I start hitting the sun beds.
    "

im just curious how many mg did you add to the spray and how many bac water ?
    and how many sprays is the nasal spray ? so you know what you are dosing each spray ?

2. #62 17th June 2014 
    Thanks

I believe the reasons why so many other nasal Mt2 trials have failed but yours has succeeded ....is because of the propylene glycol in the nasal mist you selected.* It is an excellent carrier for skin penetration and would be an extremely effective drug carrier within the nasal passages.
  3. #63 21st June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    I just put my bottle of Rhinaris Dry Nose Nasal Spray right into my toiletries. They could take it out, smell it, spray it, try it, chemically test it (they won't be set up to test for the peptide!) and it's just nothing more than nasal spray for a dry nose. Not strange at all, considering you're going to the dry, hot desert.* * You'll toss it into the fridge when you get there.
    "
    Thanks alot for sharing your findings here mt-anon-5000! I've been reading for some time now and have a question regarding this experiment.

Isn't MT-2 a peptide and therefore extremely fragile when dissolved? Ie. shaking is not allowed.
    Wouldn't that cause problems since it's a nasal spray and you'll be taking it along in a bag, shake it before use etc.?
  4. #64 21st June 2014 
    Thanks

In my experience I've not found that fragility or a few days out of the fridge has affected its potency. I'd keep it in the fridge if you can but I'm certainly not concerned if it spends a week unrefridgerated. If you recall, I took it with me on vacation for a week and had no issues.

Secondly, you shouldn't need to shake it before using it. I've never seen the peptide come out of solution. It's not going to hurt if you do it though, other than bubbles potentially messing with your attempt to spray.
  5. #65 1st July 2014 
    Thanks

I've been reading this thread for months, and I'm finally about to order MT2. I plan on taking the nasal spray route, but I have a couple quick questions before I do.

How exactly do you reconstitute the MT2 with the nasal spray? What materials will I need? (The more detailed the better)

Also, if someone could pm me and recommend a reliable source to order from I would be so appreciative!

This thread has really given me hope on achieving a natural tan despite being a Type 1 and I'm so excited to begin my own MT2 experiment.
  6. #66 2nd July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    How exactly do you reconstitute the MT2 with the nasal spray? What materials will I need? (The more detailed the better)"

The easiest way is to pry the metal collar off of the vial, pull off the rubber stopper, pour some nasal spray solution in there to reconstitute, then add that to your bottle of nasal spray. Very easy.

"This thread has really given me hope on achieving a natural tan despite being a Type 1 and I'm so excited to begin my own MT2 experiment.
    "

Have fun and good luck!
  7. #67 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

I've been following these posts for quite some time now as well and think that the nasal spray is the way to go. At least for a try! Thank you guys so much for your input. It's definitely necessary to try to educate yourself as much as possible when thinking about trying things like these.

If someone would want to message me with a good reliable place to find melanotan 2 that they have been using it would be really fantastic and would potentially save me from a bad batch or scam of some sort! Thanks!
  8. #68 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I've just purchased the nasal spray option and was only sent a 5ml spray container.

Does it matter which spray I use to mix the MT2 with? in the UK we only have things like Vicks Sinex Micromist with these ingredients]
    0.05% w/v oxymetazoline hydrochloride. It also contains sodium citrate dihydrate, tyloxapol, citric acid anhydrous, chlorhexidine digluconate, menthol, benzalkonium chloride, camphor, disodium edetate, eucalyptol, sodium hydroxide and purified water.

Or does it not matter what I mix it with?

9. #69 16th July 2014 
    Thanks

I think 5ml of solution is way too small of an amount to administer doable doses of MT-2. I've found that the 30ml with 300 metered doses of the Rhinaris is perfect.

As far as a nasal spray is concerned, you want a spray for the sole purpose of nasal "lubrication" ... no decongestant. If you make your own nasal spray with non-iodized salt and baking soda you'll also need to add a preservative of some sort.

Sorry, I couldn't be of any more help then that. Perhaps someone else has some light to shed--specifically from the UK.
  10. #70 29th July 2014 
    Thanks

I used a bottle of Neil-med nasal spray 45ml with 10mg of MT2. 10 days in and going brown.

Thanks Mt-anon
  11. #71 31st July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    I used a bottle of Neil-med nasal spray 45ml with 10mg of MT2. 10 days in and going brown.

Thanks Mt-anon
    "

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

Also, I mentioned that I was doing an experiment to see if only dosing on tanning days worked as well. It works, but not as well. I've noticed that after I've had MT-2 consistently in my system for a week to 2 weeks, that I definitely get browner faster. So, for those who want to pre-load, not the worst decision ever. However, I wouldn't not go in the sun because I wasn't preloaded...I'd just expect to not get as dark as fast.*
  12. #72 15th August 2014 
    Thanks

You have done your homework and provided a good account of the process. I suggest you try a cream for transdermal administration of MT2. You may want to try TantraDerm. It allows large molecules to enter the dermis and you don't end up swallowing the solution and wasting it in your GI tract. It is not as effective a injecting but better than nasal spray.
  13. #73 18th August 2014 
    Thanks

I am going to try the nasal spray method.* I am going to do the same protocol as mt-anon-5000, 4 sprays at a time in 300 dose Rhanaris.

Is there any reason not to put 20mg of M2 in the Rhinaris and do half as many sprays?* That may reduce the chance of excess running down the throat.* Along with reducing the cost of the Rhinaris.

Thanks in advance, I truly value everyone's input!
  14. #74 23rd August 2014 
    Thanks

I bought some nasal spray today.* It is a thick gel.* I mixed some of it with the M2 then dumped it in the nasal spray.* It mixed fine with the M2, left a bit of residue on the side of the vial though.

My question is will the M2 mix evenly and well throughout the nasal spray since it is such a thick gel?* I gently rolled the bottle I am hesitant to shake the bottle.

Thanks!

This is the spray I bought]
    http://www.neilmed.com/usa/nasogel.php
  15. #75 26th September 2014 
    Thanks

Have read this whole thread, very interesting, and great to hear specifics about the op's experience. I will be trying this for a small amount I need to take to dubai. Very interested as to whether any uk or Ireland posters have found a suitable alternative to rhinaris spray, as I am struggling. Rhinaris can be delivered through amazon or eBay to me in Northern Ireland but it will take up to 20 working days to get to me, if anyone was thinking ahead I think it's pretty reasonable, about 6 quid. Any suggestions in rhinaris' absence? Ta all x
  16. #76 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

Ps spray I'm looking at:

nutribiotic nasal lubricant spray ml- ingredients glycerin, ionized water, sodium chloride and grapefruit seed extract.

Does this fit the bill?! (Minus the preservative)

17. #77 27th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Ps spray I'm looking at]
    nutribiotic nasal lubricant spray ml- ingredients glycerin, ionized water, sodium chloride and grapefruit seed extract.

Does this fit the bill?! (Minus the preservative)
    "

That should be fine from the ingredients listed.
    Even just a basic bottle with sodium chloride would work, although some people do report a stinging with just water.
  18. #78 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Londonboy,

just checked the ingredients of this nasal spray. It doesn't contain any preservatives like benzyl alcohol or benzalkonium chloride. IMO its important to have preservatives in a MT2 nasal spray especially when u consider a low dose regimen over a long period of time.
    Secondly, it doesn't have substances like glycerol or propylenglycol which would make the solution more viscous. When the solution is more viscous , the peptide "sticks" on the muccus preventing it running down your throat.
    Moreover, propylene glycol is a so called "penetration enhancer", often used in the dermatology when a drug should penetrate the upper layers of the skin.*

The often discussed "rhinaris-nasal-mist" should be more appropriate for our purpose ;D
    "

My concern is whether glycerin in my product will have the same effect as propylene glycol in rhinaris?? I can't find anything with propylene glycol in uk..
  19. #79 27th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    Londonboy,

just checked the ingredients of this nasal spray. It doesn't contain any preservatives like benzyl alcohol or benzalkonium chloride. IMO its important to have preservatives in a MT2 nasal spray especially when u consider a low dose regimen over a long period of time.
    Secondly, it doesn't have substances like glycerol or propylenglycol which would make the solution more viscous. When the solution is more viscous , the peptide "sticks" on the muccus preventing it running down your throat.
    Moreover, propylene glycol is a so called "penetration enhancer", often used in the dermatology when a drug should penetrate the upper layers of the skin.*

The often discussed "rhinaris-nasal-mist" should be more appropriate for our purpose ;D
    "

My concern is whether glycerin in my product will have the same effect as propylene glycol in rhinaris?? I can't find anything with propylene glycol in uk..
    "

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine the preservative doesn't play too much of a role for nasal administration. Otherwise all the nasal sprays would use them - it could change slightly when MT2 is mixed in, though. Perhaps the benzyl alcohol in Bacteriostatic water would be sufficient.

Viscosity is also a valid point I hadn't considered, I imagine he meant the mucous membranes, though.

Lastly, skin penetration doesn't matter too much here either. Propylene Glycol is a good penetrator of the mucous membranes - but not all skin penetrators are. There is a list here (page 3. requires PDF reader to view) that includes a list of various ingredients used in nasal sprays and their uses. "Surfactant" and "Co-solvent" are the ingredients you are interested in for penetration.

Tom
  20. #80 27th September 2014 
    Thanks

Great table there showing me what to look out for, great thanks! Now just finding one that has any of them....!!!