• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #61 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Cure for gingerness

Well, I paid 11 US dollars for a LMC 10 ml bottle that lasts about 3 weeks with a sprayer.
    On the LEF forum I also noticed people using it for ( grey) hair had a tan on their face with their US only product. It happened after a month. I haven't experienced it so far. That's why I'm wondering if the DMI formula is the best?
  2. #62 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, that works out about the same as buying it from LMC in 1L bulk.
    There is also Melitane SP100, which has other additives and is in aqua. (They state this is for skin darkening)
    The Melitane GL200 is in glycerin. It may be they are using the other one? As this one the supplier recommends for hair penetration

Tom
  3. #63 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thank you, Tom. I'll probably have a reply from Winkey next morning. Did your supplier mention after how much time it should work? Eyebrows started first, I have now discovered three lashes ( two this weekend and another one now) and my head hair hasn't changed so far although I've only applied it over a small area those last few weeks because My bottle was almost empty and I couldn't re-order. I have tinted my lashes and noticed that the growing lashes still grow yellow but the new ones growing in are darker.
    Maybe the other one for skin darkening could be a hit as well for your company. Especially for those not willing to inject on a daily basis.
  4. #64 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

From reading in the past this is a common thing for gingers.
    The other thing that some describe is that they get a LOT more and darkening of
    freckles, to the point where they all merge and develop into a tan.
    I have a friend of Scandinavian decent that is almost ready to get on it for the
    uv protection, the rest of the effects she is ambivalent about. She is one that gets
    a sun burn from a flash photo, peels and back to stark white + freckles. rinse and
    repeat.
  5. #65 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

No mention of time, unfortunately.

I'm not in charge of the products but I have been highlighting the discussions. Unfortunately we normally sell the things we make (other than the supplies, of course), so it's not really in the business model as we'd be buying other peoples product and marking it up for profit - and with a thread here detailing all of the works, people would just do it themselves! ]Although it may be easier to buy it as a kit, with the Melitane, water, DMI included, so there is potential!

Tom
  6. #66 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

So you do plan to start selling it in the near future? As a Belgian I'd rather buy from the UK than from China. You can buy DMI in bulk from lotioncrafter. I still don't know if it's the best carrier. The original formula was alcohol and propylene glycol but if you wanna use it for eyelashes, it could be irritating and also a bit more drying although some products like glycerin can help with that.
  7. #67 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

We're not too sure at the moment. As we don't have any product development here we'd be selling a product that is quite inefficient, perhaps if there's a solution to the issue then we would.
    I doubt it'd be worth doing it if there are still problems with the formula.
    It may be possible we'd sell just the Melitane, but don't want to encounter any issues with LMC. And in that case we'd probably have to make it more expensive than the eBay seller due to the risk of placing large amounts of money into bulk buying it.

I'll let you know if there are any more developments here! ]Tom
  8. #68 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

I don't know how you could face problems with LMC. Anyway it would be great and I already know a few people that would buy it. In the end if you sell it as liquid acetyl hexapeptide 1 things should be okay. It's just important to tell people it takes more time to work than melanotan. At the very beginning I compared it to melanotan and after three weeks I kept using it without any expectations. I thought: this will most likely never work.
  9. #69 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I don't know how you could face problems with LMC. Anyway it would be great and I already know a few people that would buy it. In the end if you sell it as liquid acetyl hexapeptide 1 things should be okay. It's just important to tell people it takes more time to work than melanotan. At the very beginning I compared it to melanotan and after three weeks I kept using it without any expectations. I thought]"

I'm pretty sure Melitane GL200 is a LMC patented product. They have certified distributors who sometimes pay for exclusivity (as is the case for the UK).
    If we were to purchase it for direct resale we'd be causing issues for them.
    Without the glycerin carrier it may not be as effective.

Tom
  10. #70 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

The thing is: anyone can buy glycerin at their local pharmacy. The ebay seller even recommended me to ad 50 ml of glycerin to the solution if it left my hair a bit dry. Don't know if the dextran plays a big role.
  11. #71 19th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The same can be said for many products; but it's still copyright infringement if you use somebody else's product without their permission.

Tom
  12. #72 19th August 2014 
    Thanks

I just hope you can find a way out, it would be awesome to have a company that sells both melanotan and acetyl hexapeptide 1. Many buyers would be tempted to go for a more topical solution as a substitute or a bonus to melanotan.
    In the end there's been more research on acetyl hexapeptide increasing melanin production when you google it. There's also a person selling the melitane-pseudocatalase combo, so it seems like there's a way to work things out.
  13. #73 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

Any comments on Winkey? Don't know what to ask now:

1.The pct of Melitane in GL200 is their commercial secret so i am not sure.But usually peptide concentration would not be more than 0.05% in solution.
    2.If you use our Melitane solution,we will suggest you to mix it with water according to the ratio(1]3.Water has bacteria,so normally we* suggest you to mix small amount product with water and DMI in one time.So the product can be stable for a long time.
    4.I am sorry.I am not sure about how much time it will take.But in my opinion,the reason for grey hair might be pressure and lack of microelement.So keep yourself happy.Never pull your grey hair out because that hurts your hair follicle.Protech your hair follicle,and you can see better result.

Best regards!
    Jackson
  14. #74 20th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

1) From what I was told, GL200 is 160ppm, or 0.016%
    2) That would be 10%, which is potentially double the strength of your forumula which is 5% (at 1]

This could bring your AH1 concentration up from 0.0008% (0.016 * 0.05), to 0.005% (0.05 * 0.1).

Obviously there may be additional costs involved in purchasing Winkey's solution.
    Find out how much their liquid costs for say; 0.05%, 0.025% and 0.16%?

Tom

- EDIT - 15]I always find it funny they mention no more than 0.05% in a solution, then tell you to dilute it further, as this then drops that figure substantially.
  15. #75 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

Hey Tom,

I think I don't get it for now. I diluted the diluted LMC into a 200 ml bottle and was told this would be the best strength, but of course the acetyl hexapeptide was already diluted. In other words]
    Is Winkey's propostion a good one and what should I mention in an email? ( sorry maths has never been my favorite subject at school)

Just want to make sure that I don't buy somethin weaker than LMC. What did your supplier had to say about this?
  16. #76 20th August 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Basically, when LMC make Melitane GL200 they start off with using 160ppm of AH1, this is diluted with water, dextran and glycerin. When you buy this, you then dilute it further with 180ml of water and 10ml of DMI.
    At the end you're left with about 0.0008% of AH1 concentration.

If you buy Winkey's Melitane, they will use 500ppm (max recommended). They then recommend diluting it further with 80ml water, 10ml DMI.
    At the end you're left with about 0.005% of AH1 concentration.

Basically, because you're specifying the strength, you can get it much stronger from Winkey than if you get it from LMC. It may, however, be much more expensive.

Tom
  17. #77 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks, Tom. I guess the next thing is asking Winkey about the costs. In the end: if the LMC product already did "something", it should definitely improve using Winkey's product.
  18. #78 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

Djen, do you have some before-after pictures?
    I don't undetstand how it works, is it giving you tan just where you spread it?!?
  19. #79 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

http://imgur.com/ubwLVCJ* two eyebrow hairs before after
  20. #80 20th August 2014 
    Thanks

there is ginger eyebrow in the right?
    and what about face tan?

Thanks