• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #121 14th November 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - Melitane

right after preparing it, it's indeed 4 and then I add a tiny bit of baking soda and then it gets to around 6
  2. #122 20th November 2014 
    Thanks

9,5 weeks in, the weird thing is: I see darker lashes on the side where I applied a stronger concentration and the seller told me: stronger concentration won't make a difference. You wonder if it has ever been tested.

Those lashes growing in darker are like]
    I had that problem with M2 too. I suppose if I'd use M2 now in conjunction with melitane, then I'd get a deeper darkening that might be sufficient as you have an already "darker" starting point.

But my next trial is doubling up the melitane in my mix.

The LMC seller posted something I don't know about, his theory on pheomelanin is a bit weird]
    Acetyl hexapeptide-1, being a melanocortin receptor agonist, is not going to favor eumelanin over pheomelanin. Sunlight is the natural cause of activity at this receptor in vivo, and it clearly has a pheomelanin bias. So the reasoning is backwards - more AH1 should mean more pheomelanin. The results we see more favor sunlight changing the pheomelanin/eumelanin bias while AH1 expedites the return of color to white hair follicles. The return of color to white hair follicles is noticeable on the time scale of MONTHS, not days or even weeks.
  3. #123 1st December 2014 
    Thanks

still pretty much the same, a darker lash here and there but lots of them are still coming in yellow. Another seller told me I should at least wait four months and also that UV exposure is necessary ( I haven't had UV exposure in months)
    During those two and a half months into this experiment there were weeks that I hadn't measured the PH level and it turned out to be too low when I measured it so it's possible that I have had weeks that I used a non-active product.
    I do want to try forskolin on one side as well but some help with formulating would be nice.
  4. #124 14th December 2014 
    Thanks

I noticed that I have most darkened lashes on the sides ( the other side of my tearducts) It's really significant. I apply a lotion so it basically feels like applying water to my lids. I wonder if there's a theory backing this up ( that the main part of the water goes to the corners so the concentration is stronger there) and maybe a "thicker" or oily, gel based solution could solve this.
  5. #125 14th December 2014 
    Thanks

PS Today a scientist recommended me to use physiological saline water instead of distilled water because it's way much better for absorption to the follicles he claimed.
  6. #126 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

I hope I won't keep talking to myself here. Over the last four months, the results have been up and down, but the solutions I have been using have been up and down as well. It's a peptide and I've made many batches that I adjusted with baking soda and acid to adjust the PH level, so it probably destroyed the peptide. That's why I saw one lash coming in real dark, another one not so dark and then some others barely changed ( IMHO)

Over the last 4 weeks I have been using the saline water solution without DMI. I think it's too soon to judge about results but IF I get no results or weaker results, I might made a batch of water and DMI ( a seperate bottle) and add it afterwards.

I suppose preserving a peptide is easier when not much has been added.
  7. #127 14th January 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Really appreciate the updates Djen, we are tuned in for certain - thank you!
  8. #128 14th January 2015 
    Thanks

Thanks, Melanotan.

I would just love to know about your opinion on peptides like AH 1 surviving in saline water, the essence of adding DMI ( I do have a feeling those batches worked better)
    but in general: I can't say I have been using GOOD batches for four consecutive months as I probably ruined a few batches* by adding acid and baking soda.
  9. #129 14th January 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're not talking to yourself, I've been checking in frequently but haven't had much to say!

There's not a great deal of information on AH1, I can't find anything on how strong/durable the peptide is.
    Adding acid and baking soda shouldn't damage the peptide so long as you operate within the required pH range, if it goes out of the range then it could get damaged.

Tom
  10. #130 14th January 2015 
    Thanks

That's exactly what happened, I've been out of the PH range a few times so I can't really say that I've had four mounts of consistent usage. I see results, but maybe not consistent either.
    I do notice that the saline water gives a more consistent PH than distilled water.

But the last month I hadn't used DMI, I do "think" DMI made a difference so I might re-order it in bulk; I've read it might make it twice as active,* because not many people have tried this before, you'll find lots of them claiming]

BTW Tom, you might want to check out the Forskolin topic as well, over the last few days I was wondering if glycerine couldnt replace the ethanol in it, you see it a lot in cosmetics.
  11. #131 23rd January 2015 
    Thanks

Since leaving out the DMI the new growth is lighter. It seems to be the key. The water - AH-1 with no extra doesn't seem to do anything.
  12. #132 3rd May 2015 
    Thanks

This can turn into an interesting topical. Well tolerated, used by several vendors which means that it probably has a good safety record for long term usage.
  13. #133 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Now that interesting information,thanks for sharing. Although I have not tried it yet, I have read reviews that it actually works.
  14. #134 26th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes it does work, or at least: it adds an extra touch to what Melanotan does.
  15. #135 28th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Hi Djen and Peptideguru , yep Im following your texts closely as we Djen .
    Im interested in Melitane for skin darkening ( and beard I suppose )
    I just wonder do you think with enough " tweeking " of the mixing , that Melitane could produce a noticable tan on say a Fitzpatrick 1 to 1.5 skin type
  16. #136 31st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Buy the way guys I emailed both LM and Winkey about obtaining some Melitane .That was just over a week ago ,and no reply , so I dont know , mayb It takes a while
  17. #137 31st August 2015 
    Thanks
    LM doesnt reply, you should try pseudocatalase@gmail.com normally winkey replies within a day, maybe they're on holidays.
  18. #138 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Hey as always thanks very much ! If im right you said Winkeys concentraion is stronger so better ? Also off the top of your head could you put a guess on the power of the effect of Melitane ...I mean would you class it as say quarter the power....im just grasping at straws really but curious

Anyway thanks again.Djen
  19. #139 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    No it's all about the same strength. I tried one on the left and the other on the right but it was about the same quality. Those pseudocatalase sells smaller batches so easier to use.
  20. #140 8th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Hi Djen , well I received an email back from Pseudoactalase , the rep said as far as she knows they no longer sell or promote this ingrediant ( Melitane ) So its on to Winkey I guess as they the have replied with prices etc.
    I just wonder what do you mix it with for maximum absorbtion into the skin , as I am interested in using this for skin darkening .

Anyway as ever I appreciate advice

Take Care

Seeya