• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #101 31st October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Alternative - Melitane

"
    The money was picked so it's time to get back on topic.
    What bothers me, is]"

It's most likely they are slightly less accurate, however pH reading will send an accurate reader mad. Things like temperature, among others, can vary a reading. And issue with strips is that they can degrade over time or if stored incorrectly. Have you looked into a digital pH reader? While not necessarily more accurate they do give a precise number to go off.

Glad the WU issue is sorted btw! As to other suppliers if imagine Alibaba is full of them, not personally checked though.

Tom
  2. #102 31st October 2014 
    Thanks

The cheap version gives results like a purple color with green spots in the middle and on the sides, I bought the expensive one and it seems to be fine.
    After 6,5 weeks I notice a few lashes and eyebrows that are a little bit darker near the roots. They say white hair needs most time so it seems to be a gradual darkening adding more and more pigment as time goes by.
    With forskolin it should probably be an even stronger darkening but I take it one step at a time and would never "mix" those two. Just using them seperately.*
  3. #103 31st October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Where you're beginning to notice darkening, which solution was that? The Winkey product (DMI or not) or LMC?
  4. #104 31st October 2014 
    Thanks

On both, but I added DMI to both after a few weeks because the PH remained more stable with it.
  5. #105 1st November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    On both, but I added DMI to both after a few weeks because the PH remained more stable with it.
    "

Ah, I remember now. At least you know both are working - and with similar power(?).

I can't seem to find the post, but I vaguely remember asking why LMC didn't recommend DMI as they have Dextran, however the final solution's pH was unstable.
    Did you ever ask what they recommended to make the pH stable?

Tom
  6. #106 1st November 2014 
    Thanks

Yes, they said they didn't use DMI and they have never had problems with keeping it stable.
    The next few months are exciting. Hopefully the darkening will get deeper, the other hair will follow ( including the whites). It doesn't work like melanotan where you get an darkening after two to three weeks that doesn't get deeper as time goes by.
    They said two to three months to start seeing results, so very nervous going into the next few weeks.
  7. #107 1st November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Best of luck Djen, thank you for keeping us up to speed with your experiment!
  8. #108 1st November 2014 
    Thanks

That's no problem. If we'd all experiment with different dosages, products, carriers,....we'd know so much more.
  9. #109 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks

Just noticed one eyelash that was darker, pulled it out to see if the root was dark and it was. On the other hand most eyelashes still grow light ( it's week 7) but at first I was promised it's a gradual process ( unlike melanotan) and I shouldn't see results before two to three months. I normally have zero dark lashes.
    Many eyebrows start growing orange-auburn coming from yellow, some are also rather auburn - brown.
  10. #110 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Just noticed one eyelash that was darker, pulled it out to see if the root was dark and it was. On the other hand most eyelashes still grow light ( it's week 7) but at first I was promised it's a gradual process ( unlike melanotan) and I shouldn't see results before two to three months. I normally have zero dark lashes.
    Many eyebrows start growing orange-auburn coming from yellow, some are also rather auburn - brown.
    "

You'll have no eyelashes to darken soon!
    Sounds good though, glad you're finally getting results.

Tom
  11. #111 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks

If it starts with one or two lashes, the rest "should" follow, I just don't understand the mechanism, why one hair responds before the other.
    I think this also shows people have not been patient in the past, also experimenting with other stuff ( like forskolin). There was a melitane study on the skin that showed results after 21 days, I could have given after three weeks, but it might prove that the sellers know what they're talking about when they say it's a slow and gradual process.
    On the other hand: hairloss products like minoxidil also take months to show results. Hair could be a slower responder than skin ( IMHO)
  12. #112 3rd November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    If it starts with one or two lashes, the rest "should" follow, I just don't understand the mechanism, why one hair responds before the other.
    I think this also shows people have not been patient in the past, also experimenting with other stuff ( like forskolin). There was a melitane study on the skin that showed results after 21 days, I could have given after three weeks, but it might prove that the sellers know what they're talking about when they say it's a slow and gradual process.
    On the other hand]"

More than likely because hair growth is quite slow, and it may start at the follicle, beneath the skin. Because of this it'll take a few weeks to begin darkening and then protrude.

Tom
  13. #113 4th November 2014 
    Thanks

My Winkey product is twice as concentrated as the LMC product. When it comes to head hair, I think that I might notice a slight difference in greys with Winkey ( and also some spots are darker red) but not yet with LMC.
    On the eyelashes I noticed "more" darker lashes on the LMC side. Could be coincidence.
  14. #114 12th November 2014 
    Thanks

A new dark lash and two grey hairs I pulled that were darker at the roots. I'm less than two months in ( started on september 15 th). It's all on the side where I used DMI from the beginning on,* maybe DMI could also be the answer for other alternatives like forskolin as it seems to be pretty effective.
  15. #115 14th November 2014 
    Thanks

when measuring the PH level with strips, the color should be green to have a ph level between 5 and 7 but when I find that strip* back after an hour, it's dark blue. I hope that's the real PH level is the one you see right after measuring it.
  16. #116 14th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    when measuring the PH level with strips, the color should be green to have a ph level between 5 and 7 but when I find that strip* back after an hour, it's dark blue. I hope that's the real PH level is the one you see right after measuring it.
    "

Readings should be taken with max 5-10 minutes depending on the strips. Should say it on the box/instruction leaflet about reading times!

Tom
  17. #117 14th November 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks, Tom.
    This is the one I'm using now]
    It says 3 to 5 seconds, that should imply the color after 3 to 5 seconds is the correct PH level,* not the color it becomes after some time.
  18. #118 14th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I went a bit overboard with 5-10 minutes!
    But it should stay the same colour for a couple of minutes anyway.
  19. #119 14th November 2014 
    Thanks

It remains the same for a few minutes but I was just worried that it was totally different after some time, but that shouldn't matter I suppose. Tomorrow I'll reach the two month mark. All I can say is, there is a start and no one ever told me it should work quickly.
  20. #120 14th November 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    It remains the same for a few minutes but I was just worried that it was totally different after some time, but that shouldn't matter I suppose. Tomorrow I'll reach the two month mark. All I can say is, there is a start and no one ever told me it should work quickly.
    "

Yeah, that's fine. The easiest way to think about it is to say the water has a pH of 7, the melitane has a pH of 3 (made that up but it's alright for demonstration, same as the next lot of numbers!). If you mix them together you get a pH of 5. But if half of the water evaporates then you'll have a pH of 4.

Hopefully it'll pay off in the end!

Tom