• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #61 5th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - melitane

"
    Thanks JROD.
    Have you been in touch with one of those researches to create your own products?
    "

Yes!
  2. #62 6th July 2014 
    Thanks

Great, looking forward to it.
  3. #63 7th July 2014 
    Thanks

That's great. Any idea when we might see your product. So far Melitane is not doing anything for me. It's been circa a month. It is most likely the formulation. I would therefore be very excited to try whatever product you are creating. Any idea on time frames? Happy to trial something for you if you need a gunie pig. I'm type 1.
  4. #64 7th July 2014 
    Thanks

I'm a type 1 too. Natural orange hair, pale lashes,....The kinda boy they hated at school but at home they told me I was the most gorgeous kid.

The thing that gets me nervous on melitane is: one person says: mix it with DMI and it does seem to be reputable as a carrier, but I get no other confirmation that this is right. The seller says: 2-3 months, but in the end you can try many products for many months and just missing out on the active that actually makes it work.
  5. #65 7th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I'm a type 1 too. Natural orange hair, pale lashes,....The kinda boy they hated at school but at home they told me I was the most gorgeous kid.
    "

Classic .02 Djen, lol! I wonder how to go about telling my children how to cope with this.... Women and grandmas will praise the color, while on the schoolyard you're uniquely disadvantaged (sun sensitivity = beauty? why & how???!!!)
  6. #66 7th July 2014 
    Thanks

for me personally the hair and skin darkening are both important. I was once told: what are you complaining about:* "all the women" dye their hair red. I replied something like: I'm not "all the women".

The fact that there are still topics like: travelling with melanotan make me feel like we're junkies transporting our stuff while we just wanna feel as normal as possible.
  7. #67 7th July 2014 
    Thanks

PS as some of you might know they're promoting the melitane-pseudocatalase lotion on the LEF forums.

Melitane is a MSH agonist they say and so is melanotan. I've heard numbers of melitane increasing melanin by 50-70 percent. What are the percentages of melanotan?
    But what I don't understand and might be wrong info]In the end those mice treated with forskolin also showed a change from pheomelanin into eumelanin, that makes me want to have more info on the melitane and its carriers.
  8. #68 13th July 2014 
    Thanks

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/720364_7
  9. #69 13th July 2014 
    Thanks

So if I'm reading that right it says an MSH agonist does not work when applied topically? Have I misread this? The melitane trial reports suggest otherwise.
  10. #70 13th July 2014 
    Thanks

the forskolin should work topically. We have a forum member doing the trial now after having done some research

About the melitane, I'm 1 month in with no results yet. I'll go on until I reach the 3 month mark. There's much less real research on it so far.
  11. #71 13th July 2014 
    Thanks

I have used the melitane for one month with no results. I have simply added it to a body lotion. Do you think it may need to be added to the product at the same time it is formulated for it to work?
  12. #72 13th July 2014 
    Thanks

hey girlwhite, I'm looking for the same kinda answers, so hopefully someone drops by to give us the answer.
  13. #73 23rd July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - Melitane

I contacted the seller of acetyl hexapeptide on ebay. I told him that I noticed no change after six weeks. He said six weeks was too early BUT he also mentioned the lotion I use should have a PH value of 5-7 otherwise it wouldn't work.
    At the beginning I mixed distilled water ( 90 pct) melitane ( 5 percent) and Dimethyl isosorbide ( DMI) without knowing the PH values. I know you can measure it with sticks, it turns into a certain color but how accurate is this?
  14. #74 1st August 2014 
    Thanks

just a link:http://www.clickoncare.com/melnora-hair-gel-60-gms
  15. #75 21st August 2014 
    Thanks

Where do you find this (Melnora Hair Gel )?
    Do you know if 1% of Melitane is sufficient for hair darkning?

Im willing to give it a try, but I dont know what will be the best option to start with

Thanks
  16. #76 21st August 2014 
    Thanks

Just check out the other topic, I think there are better options than melnora. The Winkey stuff :-)
  17. #77 8th October 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Just check out the other topic, I think there are better options than melnora. The Winkey stuff ]"

Hi Djen. I was trying a Melitane body cream that I made but it didn't show any results. I stopped and used mt2 for a while. I notice from other threads that u have started to see some results. Are u noticing skin and hair darkening? I would be very interested in knowing how you apply it!
  18. #78 9th October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    Just check out the other topic, I think there are better options than melnora. The Winkey stuff ]"

Hi Djen. I was trying a Melitane body cream that I made but it didn't show any results. I stopped and used mt2 for a while. I notice from other threads that u have started to see some results. Are u noticing skin and hair darkening? I would be very interested in knowing how you apply it!
    "

I'm not Djen, but I've been pretty active in these threads and keeping up to date with them.

He's going for hair - head and eyebrow, I believe. Hasn't reported any skin changes, but that's due to the vehicle in - glycerin not parabens. I'll include the relevant part from my earlier post below. GL200 and SP100 are two different Acetyl Hexapeptide 1 products from Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. Also includes application information

"

It's because the GL200 has a glycerin carrier to allow the follicle penetration. The SP100 has parabens and other additives that gear it toward skin penetration.

GL200 is normally diluted with water and sprayed for hair application.
    SP100 is normally made into a cream base and applied that way.

-I wouldn't quote that as fact, but that's my understanding of it from my discussions here, reading elsewhere and contact with an LMC supplier-

Tom
    "

Tom
  19. #79 9th October 2014 
    Thanks

Yes, when I had my first results a few months ago ( couldnt continue then because I ran out of product) I noticed no changes in skin, so I believe it targets hair.
    I also think it's important to know what you're doing, not just randomly order something, mix it with your body lotion and claiming it doesnt' work. It's a whole process of penetrating ingredients.
  20. #80 9th October 2014 
    Thanks

Yes I understand that. At first I just added it to a body lotion but after a month I had no results. I then made a lotion from scratch using the LM tan enhancing spray as a guide but increasing amount of melitane n adding emulsifier so that it was a body lotion instead of a spray. I did only use it for circa 4 weeks.

Thanks Tom, I have the GL200 product. I still have quite a bit left and would be happy to trial it. Even if it's just for hair darkening. If anyone could suggest the best method I will give it another go and report back my findings

Cheers