• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th July 2017 
    Thanks

myostatin inhibitors, follistatin???

Has anybody used myostatin inhibitors with any success? I have been reading mixed reviews about them. There are some people who claim that they had great results but others say that it's a complete waste of money... But I can't be sure that the people who say that they work are not simply paid to advertise their products... Does anyone have experience with myostatin inhibitor peptides? Like Follistatin 344 and ACE031.
  2. #2 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Myostatin inhibitors were all over the internet about 4-5 years ago but now quite rarely someone mentions them. It is hard to believe that they really worked because then everyone would be using them just like other drugs that work. Follistatin might be working but I think there is no real follistatin in the market.
    Also, check out YK-11 if you are interested in myostatin inhibitors. It is a SARM that stimulates the production of natural follistatin.
  3. #3 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    You want a cheap way to decrease myostatin a bit? Use Creatine

"Standard loading then maintenance for 8 weeks was associated with a 17% reduction in myostatin (7% in the placebo group, due to weight training) and with increases in lean mass and power output."

https://examine.com/rubric/effects/view/16/Myostatin/all/

I have heard that fish oils, Leucine, HMB are all good for decreasing myostatin activity. You could probably get decent results by using them together and YK-11 might also be promising.

I don't think that there is a way to inhibit myostatin completely because to do that, a genetic mutation would be needed.
  4. #4 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Remember that there are far more muscles than just a chest, shoulders and biceps. The heart is muscle as well and we definitely don't want it to get bigger. The heart does produce less myostatin than other muscle but it does produce it and by inhibiting myostatin activity it is quite possible that the heart would grow as well, and this would be really bad. It is quite possible that by inhibiting myostatin you will have heart problems later in life and it will also hurt your gains as well, so I think that myostatin inhibitors are pointless but they might be useful in the future when scientists discover selective myostatin inhibitors that work only on skeletal muscle tissues.
  5. #5 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    I think that myostatin inhibitors might be great if you would be able to stop a particular muscle from producing myostatin or block a myostatin receptors in a specific area. Because the biggest issue with myostatin inhibitors is that it would cause all muscles to grow, including cardiac and smooth muscle and we don't want them to grow. Also, what if myostatin inhibitors make the muscles that are more developed even bigger and the ones that are lagging stay the same? The bodybuilding is all about symmetry and aesthetic. Myostatin inhibitors would also cause the abs to grow in size, making your waist bigger.
  6. #6 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    There is some human trial going on a drug called PF-06252616, that is a myostatin inhibitor and they are trying to treat a children condition called DMD - Duchenne muscular dystrophy. It is currently in phase 2 trials and from what I've read there weren't any side effects at standard doses. I can't wait to see the results from this trial.
  7. #7 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burner09 View Post
    You want a cheap way to decrease myostatin a bit? Use Creatine

https://examine.com/rubric/effects/view/16/Myostatin/all/

I have heard that fish oils, Leucine, HMB are all good for decreasing myostatin activity. You could probably get decent results by using them together and YK-11 might also be promising.

I don't think that there is a way to inhibit myostatin completely because to do that, a genetic mutation would be needed.
    Add some multivitamins, zma and get some green tea extract supplement

"Epicatechin is a polyphenol found in green tea and chocolate. Giving it to old mice decreases myostatin by 18% and increases follistatin, a myostatin inhibitor, by 56%. In humans, epicatechin increased grip strength by 7% in only 7 days, and the follistatin/myostatin ratio increased 49%.(3)"

I know that many people tried Follistatin and other myostatin inhibitors about 5 years ago but I haven't seen any recent log. I suspect that there is no real follistatin available anymore.
  8. #8 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    From what I've heard, Follistatin is a very, very fragile and unstable peptide, it is quite impossible to ship it out from laboratory without ruining it. Also, I haven't seen a single log with pictures from someone that got results with it. YK-11 might work though, I haven't tried it but have read a lot of promising reviews but seems like there also are some legitimacy issues because many people report that they received fake YK-11.