• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 7th July 2017 
    Thanks

Melanotan II for ginger

Hello,

I'm a pale redhead with a fair few big freckles on my arms, legs, and back however none on my face. I'm interested in trying Melanotan II this summer and wondering if you'd be able to give me some advice with the dosage and just any other recommendations you may have?

So obviously I have Type 1 skin type so I obviously don't want to get too dark because I feel like that would look ridiculous with me having red hair and people being accustomed to me being pale. What dosage would you recommend for someone like me and for how long? A nice healthy glow would be great. If I do a low dosage, is there a lower chance of me getting noticeably dark moles and new moles? Also, does it darken eyebrows? Because I have quite fair eyebrows and I think that'd look kind of stupid if I have a tan but blonde eyebrows when in the sun. Would be amazing if a fellow redhead could share their experience. Any help is appreciated!
  2. #2 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    I am not a redhead but I recommend you to read some logs on this forum, I am definitely sure that there were a few from redheads who got great results. Melanotan 2 darkens all body hair and yes with a low dose there is much lower chance of new mole appearance but as you are Type 1, the low dose might not work for you.
  3. #3 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Check out this member journal - https://researchpeptides.com/3915-follow-mt2-diary-progress-pics.html

It's a very detailed log with pics, dosages etc from a skin type I/II, so I think that a similar protocol might work for you.

To answer your questions Melanotan 2 will not only make you tan but also make your facial hair darker, including eyebrows.
  4. #4 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Thank you for the replies! Very helpful.

What dosage would you recommend and for how long? 250mcg?

Also, how much sun exposure? I live in Australia by the way so the sun is very harsh in the summer.
  5. #5 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yas View Post
    Thank you for the replies! Very helpful.

What dosage would you recommend and for how long? 250mcg?

Also, how much sun exposure? I live in Australia by the way so the sun is very harsh in the summer.
    250mcg is a very good place to start. I have never been in Australia but have heard that the season there is another way around and it is winter right now, is that right? Start with a low exposure to sun because given you are skin type 1, you probably burn very easily as well.

I recommend you to start by using 250mcg every day or every other day... How long? It depends on how long you want to be tanned for... If you want to maintain your tan all the time then a maintenance dose few times a month is needed.
  6. #6 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder View Post
    250mcg is a very good place to start. I have never been in Australia but have heard that the season there is another way around and it is winter right now, is that right? Start with a low exposure to sun because given you are skin type 1, you probably burn very easily as well.

I recommend you to start by using 250mcg every day or every other day... How long? It depends on how long you want to be tanned for... If you want to maintain your tan all the time then a maintenance dose few times a month is needed.
    Yeah it's currently the middle of winter here so won't be heating up for a couple more months. Probably just want to be tanned through summer, so Dec-Feb. I assume I'd start around November then? But can I maintain the tan after these months with a maintenance dose will little to no sun exposure?

Also, do you think I should be dosing only before each tanning session or just do it every day? Or should I be injecting every day for a couple weeks without UV exposure and then go out into the sun after the couple weeks?
  7. #7 10th July 2017 
    Thanks
    In my experience (skin type 1), it doesn't darken eye brows, but will darken facial hair. You also need sun exposure (tanning sessions) to become darker while on it, so you wont get super dark all at once. This allows you to back off if you are getting darker than you like.
  8. #8 11th July 2017 
    Thanks
    My girlfriend is skin type 1 ginger, however, Melanotan 2 didn't affect the color of her eyebrows but she simply dyed them and I think that's the best solution. If you are doing low dosage then your Melanotan shouldn't affect your moles.
  9. #9 15th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    My girlfriend is skin type 1 ginger, however, Melanotan 2 didn't affect the color of her eyebrows but she simply dyed them and I think that's the best solution. If you are doing low dosage then your Melanotan shouldn't affect your moles.
    Was your girlfriend doing 250mcg doses? Did she dose everyday or only before each tanning session? Did she do multiple doses before she started tanning sessions or did she do a tanning session after the first dose? Also, did she get any new moles on her face? Sorry for all the questions.
  10. #10 17th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Was your girlfriend doing 250mcg doses? Did she dose every day or only before each tanning session? Did she do multiple doses before she started tanning sessions or did she do a tanning session after the first dose? Also, did she get any new moles on her face? Sorry for all the questions.
    Yes, she used 250mcg every day and she started going to sunbeds after about 3 doses. When she got to the desired tan, she switched to one injection of 500mcg a week. She didn't notice any new moles while using Melanotan this way. No problem, happy to answer them if I can help someone
  11. #11 18th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Yes, she used 250mcg every day and she started going to sunbeds after about 3 doses. When she got to the desired tan, she switched to one injection of 500mcg a week. She didn't notice any new moles while using Melanotan this way. No problem, happy to answer them if I can help someone
    Thank you! I'll be using natural UV exposure because I live in Australia and the sun is harsh there. Did she go to the sunbeds everyday? And do you have a rough estimate of how much time in the sun is equivalent to the sunbeds? (assuming the sun's UV index is high) Reckon about 20-30 minutes in the sun with spf 15/30 sunscreen is ideal?
  12. #12 18th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Thank you! I'll be using natural UV exposure because I live in Australia and the sun is harsh there. Did she go to the sunbeds everyday? And do you have a rough estimate of how much time in the sun is equivalent to the sunbeds? (assuming the sun's UV index is high) Reckon about 20-30 minutes in the sun with spf 15/30 sunscreen is ideal?
    You are lucky! I would really love to go to the Australia one day.

She visited the sunbeds twice a week during the first month or so and after that just once a week. She started with a very short sunbed sessions but increased the time every week. I'm not sure what is the equivalent time but that's what I found in the google.

"20 minutes in a tanning bed is equivalent to 20 minutes in the sun…no big deal! 20 minutes of exposure in a tanning bed may equal up to two hours spent on the beach under the hot mid-day sun without protection. Artificial tanning bombards the skin with UVA which are three to six times more intense than sunlight."

So yeah, start with short tanning sessions of 20-30 minutes and after awhile you will be able to tan for longer and longer.