• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 20th June 2017 
    Thanks

is there a cancer risk from MT2?

I really want to try Melanotan 2 but a few days ago I was talking with a friend from my gym who knows a lot about peptides, steroids and any other supplements that are good for body building and he said that there is a risk of getting cancer from Melanotan 2. After he said that, I tried to find more information about it but couldn't find anything. I was particularly looking in research studies and articles and nothing. Is my friend telling true or some kind of bro science? Does anyone know if there is a cancer risk with MT2?

Honestly, I don't think there is because people wouldn't use it if it was so dangerous. Most information on the internet says completely opposite - that it was made to prevent skin cancer.
  2. #2 20th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Your friend is completely wrong. Melanotan 2 was made to prevent skin cancer and I think that they successfully did that. It lowers the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun. As we know, too much ultraviolet radiation is very bad for our bodies. But Melanotan 2 helps us to be more resistant to UV damage by making our skin darker.
  3. #3 20th June 2017 
    Thanks
    There is a cancer risk the moment we are born and we can't affect it in any way. Everything has a cancer risk. I haven't seen any studies which show that Melanotan 2 causes cancer and until I don't see any, I will keep using it. Melanotan 2 is a great drug - not only it gives me a tan and protects from the sun, it also increases libido and gives me strongest erections in my life.
  4. #4 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    My wife has been using Melanotan 2 for a few weeks and a couple of days ago she went to the doctor for a general check-up and the doc said that he is a little worried about one of her moles because it has got darker and bigger. Now she is angry at me because I gave her Melanotan 2. I have heard that Melanotan can cause new moles to appear but has there been any case where MT2 caused cancer?
  5. #5 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey27 View Post
    My wife has been using Melanotan 2 for a few weeks and a couple of days ago she went to the doctor for a general check-up and the doc said that he is a little worried about one of her moles because it has got darker and bigger. Now she is angry at me because I gave her Melanotan 2. I have heard that Melanotan can cause new moles to appear but has there been any case where MT2 caused cancer?
    Melanotan is used to prevent skin cancer. It darkens freckles and moles because of the complete skin pigment darkening.

I wouldn't worry and your wife also shouldn't be worried. Doctors are concerned if they noticed any darker or new moles on the skin as there is a minimal chance that it can be associated with skin cancer. She probably didn't say the doc that she is using MT2, right? If she would have told him then I think that the doctor wouldn't worry about moles becoming darker. If she wouldn't be on Melanotan then the darkening and change in the size of moles could be an indicator of skin cancer.
  6. #6 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    There is absolutely no evidence of MT2 causing cancer. It should be the opposite because we need to expose our bodies less to the UV radiation. The best way to avoid getting skin cancer, in my opinion, is - get a tan with Melanotan 2 and then always apply a full sunblock before going out.

It is doctors job to check your moles and see if there are any changes, but if you don't tell him that you are on Melanotan than he would get really confused as Melanotan is know to darken moles and freckles
  7. #7 22nd June 2017 
    Thanks
    My father died becouse of Melanoma, 10 years ago. This is my 11th or 12th year of Melanotan 1 usage, at the moment i am still alive. Yo ucan geto all info about melanotan research and cancer at Pubmed. All studies that link Melanotan an cancer are based in results of people who has used Melanotan , and with a large history of sun exposure,
    Under my opinion, Melanotan does not causes cancer but helps to recognizes Melanoma before becouse of its effect on nevus, If you want more info i suggest you to visit de Melanocortin Science department in this forum
  8. #8 27th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I have never heard that Melanotan 2 would cause skin cancer, it is too much sun exposure that causes it, not Melanotan 2. MT2 was developed to combat the skin cancer not cause it... Also, I am not sure why Melanotan 2 is still not approved by FDA, it is amazing peptide and should be used to prevent skin cancer and on the people who are fair skinned and always burn in the sun.