• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 14th June 2017 
    Thanks

HGH+test for 45 year old male

Hi,

I have a gym buddy who is 45 years old but he has been training for more than 10 years. He has done a few steroid cycle during his life time but nothing too strong, some testosterone, dbol, sustanon.

But now he really wants to try HGH and use it for about 6 months. As his natural HGH output is probably low then he would benefit hugely from even a small dose, right? He would also add a testosterone and use it for about 3 months then PCT but keep using HGH.

His goals are:

1) add some muscle from testosterone and keep it even after PCT

2) improve joint health

3) anti-aging, wellbeing and skin improvements, he says that lately he sees a lot more wrinkles on his face and hates it.

Any thoughts about this? Is the HGH the best solution or should he better look on peptides?
  2. #2 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't think that HGH would be the best option because there are a few problems with it... First is the cost - pharmacy grade HGH will cost a LOT and I wouldn't even bother with any generic HGH these days because most likely he will get scammed as HGH is the most faked drug in the body building these days. In my opinion, GHRP+GHRH will be far better (also cheaper) then HGH and also he won't suppress his natural growth hormone production by using GHRP+GHRH. When there is synthetic Growth Hormone in your system, the body won't produce any GH naturally but by using peptides they actually promote the natural production. And with so many fakes around I think that GHRP+GHRH will be far more effective as well. If you can get a good pharma grade HGH like Norditrope Simplexx then it's a different story and you should definitely use that one.

GHRP+GHRH will also help his joints and give the same benefits associated with increased GH levels.

I also don't really recommend to use steroids at his age because it might be difficult to fully recover. Has he tested if his testosterone levels are in a normal range? If they are then I don't think he needs a testosterone, maybe a few month Ostarine cycle because it is really easy to recover after it. But if they are in a low range then he might talk with his doctor about TRT. From what I've read TRT greatly improves the quality of life.
  3. #3 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    After getting scammed again, I have to agree with Edz. Don't bother with any other HGH than the one your get in pharmacy, but it I don't think it's worth to spend thousands every month on it. Peptides or MK-677 is a really good alternative to synthetic HGH. They are about 10 times cheaper and provide very similar effects to synthetic HGH. If he has a problem with injecting peptides several times a day then MK-677 probably is the way to go because it has to be taken just once a day in a liquid or capsule form (orally). There is a guy who is 52 years old and has spent thousands on HGH and says it wasn't worth it at all, he was expecting more from it. Now he is cruising on a small amount of testosterone and using peptides 1-2 times a day and says that this combo is way cheaper and better than HGH.
  4. #4 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Seems like HGH era is slowly coming to an end. Even the old school body builders now use peptides or MK-677 instead of HGH. Maybe HGH is slightly better muscle builder but that's about it and it's not worth to spend a fortune on it when you can get equivalent effects by paying 10 times less.
  5. #5 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Would peptides really be a good option for 45 years old? I thought that if natural GH production is low then peptides wouldn't do anything because there is no GH to be released?
  6. #6 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartian View Post
    Would peptides really be a good option for 45 years old? I thought that if natural GH production is low then peptides wouldn't do anything because there is no GH to be released?
    No dude, you are wrong. According to this (I am sure that there are other studies as well, just don't have time to look them up) study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7734029 the GH release is not lower for older people and I think that they would benefit even more than younger guys from using peptides.

The results were very similar when young adults and old adults used GHRP+GHRH. The GH release was higher though when both groups used only GHRH, I'm not surprised about this because GHRH only amplifies GH release when there is a pulse. Young people have a lot more pulses throughout the day so only GHRH works better on them. But there is no difference if you use GHRP+GHRH at the same time.
    Last edited by gstpierre11; 14th June 2017 at 09:05 AM.
  7. #7 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gstpierre11 View Post
    No dude, you are wrong. According to this (I am sure that there are other studies as well, just don't have time to look them up) study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7734029 the GH release is not lower for older people and I think that they would benefit even more than younger guys from using peptides.

The results were very similar when young adults and old adults used GHRP+GHRH. The GH release was higher though when both groups used only GHRH, I'm not surprised about this because GHRH only amplifies GH release when there is a pulse. Young people have a lot more pulses throughout the day so only GHRH works better on them. But there is no difference if you use GHRP+GHRH at the same time.
    That study tests GHRP-6 and GHRH (Mod GRF?), would the same apply to other GHRP's? But seems really interesting, I don't know why I thought that peptides work only for younger people.
  8. #8 14th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartian View Post
    That study tests GHRP-6 and GHRH (Mod GRF?), would the same apply to other GHRP's? But seems really interesting, I don't know why I thought that peptides work only for younger people.
    All the GHRP's are pretty similar, some of them are stronger and with more side effects than others but their mechanism is the same - they stimulate the pituitary gland to release Growth hormone so I believe that the same study applies to all of GHRP's. The study doesn't show which GHRH was used but I believe that it was either Mod GRF1-29 or GRF1-29. GRF1-29 is the same drug that Mod GRF1-29 they simply modified it to extend its half-life.