• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 9th June 2017 
    Thanks

General GHRP/Mod GRF questions

Hello. I have just received my GHRP-2 + Mod GRF 1-29 but before I start using them I still got a couple of questions. Please pardon me because I am pretty sure that those questions have been answered numerous of times but I simply don't have time to find those answers and also, I can't be sure that they are answered correctly. I want to hear advice from people with experience.

So the first questions - how long I can store my Mod GRF + GHRP-2 in the freezer. They are in freeze-dried powder form.

I see that there are a few different waters that can be used to reconstitute those peptides. Which one do I need? I see there are several types of bacteriostatic water, like simply bac water and bacteriostatic sodium chloride. Also, there is sterile water, saline water, which one should I mix my peptides with? I want it to have a maximum shelf life.

I mixed my peptides with bacteriostatic water, is it okay? Both of my peptides came from the same source but I noticed that Mod GRF dissolved very quickly in bacteriostatic water but GHRP-2 didn't, the solution is a bit cloudy, and it haven't completely dissolved even after gently swirling my vial (I read in this forum that it's okay to gently swirl it) Is this okay, that GHRP-2 doesn't dissolve completely, or my peptide is no good?

Another question: Dosing. Everywhere I read that the maximum you should inject at once is 100mcg of each and the saturation dose of them is 1mcg/kg (lean body mass). But I have read that results are not too good on such a small dose and that 200-300mcg of each per injection would be better. Is there any truth in this?

I am thinking of injecting 3 times a day and start with a saturation dose, I might increase it later though. How long would it take before I start feeling and seeing its effects? I have read that you can feel the effects (side effects) from the first injection and can see results after about a month. Is this true?

Once again, sorry if those questions have been answered countless of times.

Trevor
    Last edited by bigtrevor; 9th June 2017 at 08:46 AM.
  2. #2 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I have read that sometimes it takes a while for your peptides to completely dissolve, I suggest you leave your peptide vial at room temperature overnight, it should dissolve by then

Peptides can be kept in the freezer in powder form for years without any difference in their potency
    Last edited by Desperado; 9th June 2017 at 09:33 AM.
  3. #3 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I have read that sometimes it takes a while for your peptides to completely dissolve, I suggest you leave your peptide vial at room temperature overnight, it should dissolve by then

Peptides can be kept in the freezer in powder form for years without any difference in their potency
    Really? Wouldn't leaving it at the room temperature ruin the peptide?
  4. #4 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtrevor View Post
    Really? Wouldn't leaving it at the room temperature ruin the peptide?
    It happened to me before, that even after gentle swirling there were peptide particles floating around. I left the vial overnight at room temperature and by the morning it completely dissolved. From what I've read - nothing will happen if you leave it at room temperature for one night. It will take at least a couple of days before degradation starts to happen.
  5. #5 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    You can store your unmixed peptides in the freezer for ages, nothing will happen to them. After you mix them make sure to keep them in the fridge.

Usually, people used bacteriostatic water for those peptides. Bacteriostatic water will prevent a growth of any bacteria in your vial and your peptides will stay good for longer.

To completely dissolve the peptide, just leave it to stand for a while, either in the room temperature or fridge. It can be kept at room temperature for 48hrs before the degradation starts to happen.
    Last edited by BeatJeff; 9th June 2017 at 10:15 AM.
  6. #6 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    You should feel the effects immediately after injection - warm feeling and appetite increase. But other effects like - muscle gain, fat loss, body recomposition, anti-aging will take some time. If the diet is perfect then you should be able to see the fat loss after a few weeks. Muscle gain can take months.

During the first week many people report trouble sleeping, but after one week you should sleep like a baby.

I recommend you to start with a smaller dose then saturation because by starting smaller you will prevent some unwanted side effects, like water retention. If you start with a saturation dose then you will probably bloat up and it will be more difficult to get rid of that excess water weight.
  7. #7 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks to everyone about info!

Another question that worries me is the food timing.

I am going to probably inject in the morning, post workout and before bed.

Can I inject peptides right after the workout and then drink my protein shake? Or should I drink the protein shake first and inject when I get home?
  8. #8 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks to everyone about info!

Another question that worries me is the food timing.

I am going to probably inject in the morning, post workout and before bed.

Can I inject peptides right after the workout and then drink my protein shake? Or should I drink the protein shake first and inject when I get home?
    It is recommended to wait about one hour after eating before injecting peptides and wait 30 minutes after injection before eating carbs or fats. If you drink only protein shake then you should be fine!
  9. #9 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatJeff View Post
    It is recommended to wait about one hour after eating before injecting peptides and wait 30 minutes after injection before eating carbs or fats. If you drink only protein shake then you should be fine!
    Remember that even small amount of carbs/fats will blunt the GH pulse so you can use only whey isolate as it doesn't contain any carbs or fats. Most standard whey proteins have a small amount of carbs and fats in it so be careful!
  10. #10 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Another question: Dosing. Everywhere I read that the maximum you should inject at once is 100mcg of each and the saturation dose of them is 1mcg/kg (lean body mass). But I have read that results are not too good on such a small dose and that 200-300mcg of each per injection would be better. Is there any truth in this?
    The saturation means that that's the dose that fully saturates receptors and by using more you will get diminished effects. I believe that for every 100mcg you use over saturation dose, you will get only 50% of its effects but side effects will probably get worse, so I recommend you to use peptides at saturation dose (as you said, 1mcg/kg), there is not really a point in using more.
  11. #11 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    The saturation means that that's the dose that fully saturates receptors and by using more you will get diminished effects. I believe that for every 100mcg you use over saturation dose, you will get only 50% of its effects but side effects will probably get worse, so I recommend you to use peptides at saturation dose (as you said, 1mcg/kg), there is not really a point in using more.
    I have read about taking a HIGH dose of ipamorelin before bed for incredibly deep sleep. I haven't tried it by myself but seems interesting (also quite expensive). High dose is anywhere between 500-2000mcg.

I have read also about using GHRP-6 over saturation dose if it's used primarily for appetite effect.

But if you use peptides because you want to increase your Growth hormone levels then I think there is no reason to go over saturation dose.
  12. #12 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Again, many thanks to everyone!

I left the GHRP-2 at the room temperature for a few hours and now it has completely dissolved.

I think that I'm almost ready to do my first injection, but I am nervous as hell, have never injected anything before in my life! Which one is the best spot to inject those peptides?

And can I inject both peptides with the same syringe?
  13. #13 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Again, many thanks to everyone!

I left the GHRP-2 at the room temperature for a few hours and now it has completely dissolved.

I think that I'm almost ready to do my first injection, but I am nervous as hell, have never injected anything before in my life! Which one is the best spot to inject those peptides?

And can I inject both peptides with the same syringe?
    I recommend you to read this thread - https://researchpeptides.com/4591-mix-melanotan.html

It shows how to reconstitute and inject peptides. Even though it's about Melanotan 2, the same techniques can be used for almost all peptides.

The best spot for subQ injections is the belly

Yes, you can draw up both peptides in the same syringe and inject them together. It's actually recommended to do so because this way you will have to do fewer injections.
  14. #14 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I will take a look at that thread, thanks!

Is there a difference between IM and subQ injection in terms of peptide efficiency?
  15. #15 9th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I will take a look at that thread, thanks!

Is there a difference between IM and subQ injection in terms of peptide efficiency?
    If you inject IM, the peptide will be absorbed slightly faster then subQ, but the effect will be shorter as well. The difference is so minimal that you won't see or feel it so it's up to you where you inject it.
  16. #16 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I did my first injection on Saturday and been using those peptides since then - 3 times a day. Right after injection I felt a slight facial flush, my blood pressure increasing and also a tingling feeling in my jaw and arms, I guess that means that my stuff is good because I've read about those side effects.

I have also noticed that my sleep was way better on Saturdays and Sundays night. Woke up feeling completely refreshed and ready for my day.

Also, I am starting to hold more water weight, I started using peptides at 100mcg of each, but might have to decrease the dose if the bloat gets worse.

I have read that GHRP-2 doesn't really make you hungry but it definitely does, I am not sure if it's MOD, GHRP or the combination of both but they definitely make me hungry as hell. That's not a bad think, but I hope that I won't gain fat.

EDIT: Another thing I've noticed is that I look more vascular in the mornings, it's pretty weird because when I go to sleep in the evening - I look and feel pretty bloated, but wake up feeling lean and vascular lol.
    Last edited by bigtrevor; 12th June 2017 at 07:22 AM.
  17. #17 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    By the way, almost after every injection, there is quite a significant pain/sting in the injection spot. I am injecting subQ and get this every time. It is pretty annoying because I have to inject them 3 times a day. I am using fresh insulin syringes with every injection. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong or where is the problem? In the peptides, or my subQ injecting technique?
  18. #18 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    By the way, almost after every injection, there is quite a significant pain/sting in the injection spot. I am injecting subQ and get this every time. It is pretty annoying because I have to inject them 3 times a day. I am using fresh insulin syringes with every injection. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong or where is the problem? In the peptides, or my subQ injecting technique?
    What are you using to mix your peptides with? Is it bacteriostatic water or something different? Peptides can cause slight pain/sting after injection but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you are using Acetic Acid then that's what causing it, it hurts like hell, but some people are more sensitive and will get pain even if bacteriostatic water is used.

EDIT: As I see in your original post, you used bacteriostatic water, how much of it you used? It might also sting if you used too little. Or it's also possible that your peptides are impure. You should try to inject your GHRP and GHRH separately to see which one is causing the pain.

You can also try to inject small amount of bacteriostatic water without peptide to see if it is the one that is causing pain or the problem is in your peptide.
    Last edited by Other; 12th June 2017 at 09:46 AM.
  19. #19 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Yes, I am using simply bacteriostatic water. I'm not really worried, it's just annoying to experience that pain after every injection.

I mixed my 5mg GHRP-2 vial with 2,5ml bacteriostatic water and my Mod GRF1-29 2 mg vial with 1ml of bacteriostatic water and I am injecting 5iu's of each.

The idea to inject a small amount of bac water sounds good, I will try to do that today to understand if my peptides are impure or there is some kind of issue with my bacteriostatic water because it shouldn't hurt, right?
  20. #20 20th April 2018 
    Thanks
    Yes, I am using simply bacteriostatic water. I'm not really worried, it's just annoying to experience that pain after every injection.

I mixed my 5mg GHRP-2 vial with 2,5ml bacteriostatic water and my Mod GRF1-29 2 mg vial with 1ml of bacteriostatic water and I am injecting 5iu's of each.

The idea to inject a small amount of bac water sounds good, I will try to do that today to understand if my peptides are impure or there is some kind of issue with my bacteriostatic water because it shouldn't hurt, right?
    So I know this is old but for other people who are reading this and are new to injecting, make sure the alchohol you use to sterilize the site is completely, COMPLETELY dry. It will feel cool as a bulk of it evaporates, and once you no longer feel that, fan some air with your hands over it to make sure it's all gone, usually you will feel some extra coolness in the spot as you do the fanning as the last little bit dries up. Good rule of thumb we were taught for doing IV catheters is 30 seconds of rubbing with the alchohol swab and 30 seconds of drying. Takes literally 1 minute, and ensures the site is clean, sterile, and trust me you will know if there is still alchohol on the site as you will feel a burning sting once the needle breaks skin and you inject, as the site is now sensitive and irritated, and will continue to sting for a couple minutes afterwards. I've used a few peptides, and know others who have used many more and nobody has complained of post injection pain. Doesnt mean it cant happen, but would make me think technique is the first place to check if this is a problem for you. If your tech is solid, try doing just your reconstituting solution without the peptide, process of elimination. If theres no need for discomfort why go through it? Save your sucking it up for the gym where itll do some good