• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th April 2017 
    Thanks

dangers of insulin when there is family history of diabetes

For quite some time I have been reading about use of insulin, how dangerous it is etc. And I am quite doubtful about starting it because my father has type II diabetes. What do you think of insulin use when there is diabetes in family history? I've read that it can lead to diabetes, is this right? I've also heard some guys use slin anyway, and they're fine but what's your opinion on this?
  2. #2 11th April 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't know if the use of insulin would cause you diabetes, but I am sure that you are at greater risk of developing diabetes later in your life because of your family history.
  3. #3 11th April 2017 
    Thanks
    In my opinion regardless of your family history, if you use insulin smart then there is almost no risk of becoming diabetic. You should probably do short cycles of rapid acting insulin (Humalog). Remember that the way body builder lives by itself significantly decrease any risk of developing the disease like diabetes.

But handling hypoglycemia and other things to stay safe is still not easy and it's completely up to you.
  4. #4 11th April 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaly View Post
    In my opinion regardless of your family history, if you use insulin smart then there is almost no risk of becoming diabetic. You should probably do short cycles of rapid acting insulin (Humalog). Remember that the way body builder lives by itself significantly decrease any risk of developing the disease like diabetes.

But handling hypoglycemia and other things to stay safe is still not easy and it's completely up to you.
    Thanks for your insight, I was actually hoping to hear something like this