• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th March 2017 
    Thanks

Using MK-677 alone

Hey!

I am thinking about using MK677 (Ibutamoren) to gain some lean body mass, I know that it boosts your appetite, but I would like to know if it gives any noticable benefits if used as a standalone? If yes then what type of effects should I expect. I am thinking of taking 25mg/day but what would be the optimal length of course?
  2. #2 24th March 2017 
    Thanks
    From what I have read MK-677 really helps with appetite. And also improves skin pretty well. But I think that on it's own for lean gains might not be enough.
    Maybe just slight increase in weight.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 24th March 2017 at 01:16 PM.
  3. #3 24th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I would like to know how much lean mass can I gain with only MK-677. Not counting water retention etc. Of course I know that I won't have massive gains but if I stay at the same weight and get leaner with more definition think that is a "gain". And also does it help in healing injuries?
  4. #4 24th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha View Post
    I would like to know how much lean mass can I gain with only MK-677. Not counting water retention etc. Of course I know that I won't have massive gains but if I stay at the same weight and get leaner with more definition think that is a "gain". And also does it help in healing injuries?
    I have read some logs where people would eat like a pig and next morning feel lean and tight again. For injury healing I'd go with TB-500. Combination of MK-677/TB-500 could be your best option.

I wouldn't count on much gains from running it alone but good luck.
  5. #5 24th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by procent View Post
    I have read some logs where people would eat like a pig and next morning feel lean and tight again. For injury healing I'd go with TB-500. Combination of MK-677/TB-500 could be your best option.

I wouldn't count on much gains from running it alone but good luck.

Do you have any knowledge about how long should I use MK-677?
  6. #6 24th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I believe that as with any GSHs (Growth hormone secretagogue) you must use it for quite some time to actually see any benefits.

I remember I read a study where old people were put on MK-677 for a year without any negative effects. I'd use it for not less than 6 months and to be honest I definitely would not run it as standalone. I'd definitely take some steroids or orals if you don't like needles during MK-677. Because as a standalone taking growth hormone seems like a waste.
  7. #7 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    I've also been reading different opinions about cycle length with MK-677. Some people are suggesting to cycle it 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off. But some people say that you can run it non stop for years. Also I've read that some people are using 50mg or more per day but others are suggesting to keep it at 25mg/day.

Is there any general consensus on this stuff? How long to run it for and how many mg's per day? I'm considering running it @ 25mg/day but not really sure about perfect length of cycle?
  8. #8 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    In my opinion you must run it as long as you can afford for. I am using for more then 6 months already and my strategy is to keep running it for as long as possible. I have bought a lot of the stuff, so I have a supply for 6 more months So far I am using 25mg/day but I might increase it up to 50mg/day. The longer you use it the better benefits you get, just like with all of the growth hormone peptides, and synthetic growth hormone.
    My recovery on this stuff is awesome, to be honest I've experienced better recovery from workouts only on steroids. My strength has increased, sleep is also incredible and skin also improved. I really advice this stuff to everyone who is looking for additional advantage in the gym, doesn't matter if on or off steroid cycle.
  9. #9 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    MK-677 is the oral GHRP right? If so, is it recommended to use it together with Mod GRF(1-29) just like it is with any GHRP? Does MK-677 release GH in pulses just like GHRP peptides? If so, then how do we know when to inject Mod GRF? Mod GRF amplifies pulse released by pituitary, but how do we know when MK-677 stimulates pituitary to release growth hormone pulse, because as I understand MK-677 half life is 24 hours? So it constantly releases growth hormone for 24 hours or a pulse of gh every few hours?
  10. #10 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    MK-677 is the oral GHRP right? If so, is it recommended to use it together with Mod GRF(1-29) just like it is with any GHRP? Does MK-677 release GH in pulses just like GHRP peptides? If so, then how do we know when to inject Mod GRF? Mod GRF amplifies pulse released by pituitary, but how do we know when MK-677 stimulates pituitary to release growth hormone pulse, because as I understand MK-677 half life is 24 hours? So it constantly releases growth hormone for 24 hours or a pulse of gh every few hours?
    From a single dose of MK-677 you get more then 10 pulses of growth hormone during the next 24 hours. It stimulated pituitary gland to release growth hormone every 2 hours if I remember correctly. Mod GRF(1-29) is not really needed with it, but you could cycle CJC1295 DAC while using MK-677. It would be great addition to MK in my opinion because they bought have a pretty long half life and CJC1295 DAC would make MK more effective.
  11. #11 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Yep, MK-677 used together with CJC1295 DAC might be very interesting, since they both are long acting growth hormone secretagogues and they work together synergistically. And also you can easily forget about several injections a day. With this stack you would simply need to take your dose of MK everyday and inject CJC1295 1-2/times a week.
    But the biggest problem is to get CJC1295 DAC, the most of the stuff they sell is actually a no DAC version since it's very expensive for a company to make DAC.
  12. #12 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electgen View Post
    In my opinion you must run it as long as you can afford for. I am using for more then 6 months already and my strategy is to keep running it for as long as possible. I have bought a lot of the stuff, so I have a supply for 6 more months So far I am using 25mg/day but I might increase it up to 50mg/day. The longer you use it the better benefits you get, just like with all of the growth hormone peptides, and synthetic growth hormone.
    My recovery on this stuff is awesome, to be honest I've experienced better recovery from workouts only on steroids. My strength has increased, sleep is also incredible and skin also improved. I really advice this stuff to everyone who is looking for additional advantage in the gym, doesn't matter if on or off steroid cycle.
    Thanks for your answer dude, are you new to this forum? Because looks like you know your stuff.
    If someone were to use 50mg/day is it better to take it all at once or split the dose?
    And what is the best time of the day to take it?
  13. #13 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for your answer dude, are you new to this forum? Because looks like you know your stuff.
    If someone were to use 50mg/day is it better to take it all at once or split the dose?
    And what is the best time of the day to take it?
    Yes I'm new in here, but not new at all in bodybuilding, been a long time member of another forums.

It has a half life of 24 hours so it is okay if you take it all at once. Also, in all of the studies that I've read they were dosing once a day. But if you want to use 50mg/day then don't take it in the morning, because you might get really tired. Dose it before going to bed and you will sleep like a log. I can recommend switching to before bed dosing for everyone that feel tired during the day while on MK-677.
  14. #14 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Should we be worried about growth hormone "bleed" when using MK-677? Does it release growth hormone constantly throughout 24 hours? I have heard that is not recommended way of release growth hormone and you could damage your pituitary gland if you use it for a long period of time? Is it a concern with MK-677?
  15. #15 2nd May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBeef View Post
    Should we be worried about growth hormone "bleed" when using MK-677? Does it release growth hormone constantly throughout 24 hours? I have heard that is not recommended way of release growth hormone and you could damage your pituitary gland if you use it for a long period of time? Is it a concern with MK-677?
    GH bleed is not an issue with MK-677, studies that I've read state that MK-677 simply amplifies natural pulses of growth hormone release. Here is a graph that clearly shows it

rsz_3ff2.jpg

But you might want to take some time off after 6 months of use, because in this graph it shows decreased effectiveness from MK-677 if used for more then 6 months. I guess after time you become less sensitive to the stuff. Simply take about a month off every 6 or so months.
  16. #16 16th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing, beastieboy, this is a great post.
  17. #17 5th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Really nice post beastie boy!

OP, you can use MK-677 alone and you would get nice effects from using it, but it you want to get far better effects then add CJC1295 DAC to your MK-677. MK-677 is a GHRP and as all GHRP's it works in synergy with GHRH giving you far higher GH pulses.