• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 20th March 2017 
    Thanks

insulin on non training days

I went back to a 3 day split (PUSH/PULL/LEGS) because I got injured too much on a 5 day training schedule.
    I am halfway thru my testosterone cycle and I am about to throw in some insulin.
    Do any one of you insulin users use it on your rest days or simply take it on workout days? (I usually was doing 10iu PWO and 5iu in the morning)

thanks again
  2. #2 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I was reading about this few days ago. Apparently the general idea to use insulin only on training days is to prevent extra fat gain.
  3. #3 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Looks like it is, but I think that it'll be helpful for recovery to constantly push nutrients in the muscle after a workout during it's recovery time. obviously, diet would have to be ultra clean and on point

It is quite difficult to find perfect information on insulin
  4. #4 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    If you don't worry about getting fat, I guess it'd surely aid in recovery on non training days. But another benefit to using insulin less often is to stay sensitive to it, and for that reason you would need less of it and also reduce the possibility that you will abuse it to the stage where you make yourself a diabetic.
  5. #5 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mandingo View Post
    If you don't worry about getting fat, I guess it'd surely aid in recovery on non training days. But another benefit to using insulin less often is to stay sensitive to it, and for that reason you would need less of it and also reduce the possibility that you will abuse it to the stage where you make yourself a diabetic.
    I always thought that it is more based on how long you stay on it. I have never used it longer then a month.
  6. #6 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    My method was to take metformin on non workout days and insulin on workout days.
    Keeps you from gaining too much fat..

If you use humulinR five days a week or even more you'll start to get insulin resistant that in my opinion can make you gain much more body fat than you want.
  7. #7 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    My method was to take metformin on non workout days and insulin on workout days.

If you use humulinR five days a week or even more you'll start to get insulin resistant that in my opinion can make you gain much more body fat than you want.
    In which part of a day you would take the Metformin on your non training days?
  8. #8 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

Yes, on my last insulin cycle I did 15iu per day in total daily and gained alot of fat. I think I will simply stay with PWO three times a week this time and see what happens, I hope that a good clean diet will minimize any additional body fat gain.
  9. #9 20th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I would take it approximately half an hour before meal three times a day, before morning meal, lunch and dinner. On those meals with metformin I kept my protein very high. I was using 500mg tablets. I think it helped me to stay sensitive to the insulin on workout days and also prevented body fat gain.