• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th March 2017 
    Thanks

The most effective humulin-r using method

Hello,
    I am new to this forum but quite experienced in body building and been cycling steroids for a few years.
    I've been planning to try out insulin while I'm on my next cruise. I know that it is dangerous but I am not a fool and will have everything planned and will have carbs and glucose tablets with me all the time.

But what method gave you the best success?
  2. #2 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I am not really fan of humalin-r because of it's long half life. I prefer humalog, I find myself more in control.

When I was using it I took 10iu before my workout with 70-100g carbohydrates from dextrose and other supplements like bcaa and whey.
    Last edited by bodybuilder; 15th March 2017 at 07:37 AM.
  3. #3 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I think I was confused with my research, definitely want the shorter acting insulin. Is there a specific amount (grams) of carbohydrates you consume per unit of insulin? I have supplements like bcaa, creatine, whey isolate, glycerol, maltodextrin, glutamine and glucose. I should also get some dextrose.
  4. #4 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    I think I was confused with my research, definitely want the shorter acting insulin. Is there a specific amount (grams) of carbohydrates you consume per unit of insulin? I have supplements like bcaa, creatine, whey isolate, glycerol, maltodextrin, glutamine and glucose. I should also get some dextrose.
    If you can't even understand the simple difference between both you're not ready for insulin. Humalin-R is used as much as huma-log nowadays. Many guys use both of them. You should never start using insulin at suggested dosages. You should start with very small dose to see how your body responds. No one should take 10iu of insulin on the 1st day.
  5. #5 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    If you can't even understand the simple difference between both you're not ready for insulin. Humalin-R is used as much as huma-log nowadays. Many guys use both of them. You should never start using insulin at suggested dosages. You should start with very small dose to see how your body responds. No one should take 10iu of insulin on the 1st day.
    It is not that I didn't know the difference between them, just mixed-up their names. I have thought on starting with 2iu half an hour before my workout. Drink carbs and whey 5 minutes after shot, drink maltodextrin, whey isolate and some other supplements while working out, then glucose and whey isolate PWO. And one more low fat meal approximately one hour PWO. I will probably increase dose by 2 units every week for the 5 weeks so it will be 2/4/6/8/10
  6. #6 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    You don't need dextrose tablets.. just take sweets with you.
  7. #7 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I am quite certain humalog will need a script while humalin R will not.
  8. #8 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    It has been some time since I have researched insulin but I believe that using it before workout is not perfect beginners.
  9. #9 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    It has been some time since I have researched insulin but I believe that using it before workout is not perfect beginners.
    It is difficult to find reliable information on the web. Which is recommended for more muscle mass? Before workout or after?
  10. #10 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    It is difficult to find reliable information on the web. Which is recommended for more muscle mass? Before workout or after?
    Before workout is simplest using Humalog. It kicks in after 15 minutes, peaks at 2 hours and it is out of your system in about 5 hours. Less risky since it's action is short in duration. That means you could possibly do Humalog in the evening about 18:00 and get to sleep safely by 24:00 without having any risk of going hypo.
  11. #11 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Few questions.. Would appreciate if someone answered..

1) Is it actually worth the risk?
    2) Can I gain a lot of body fat?
    3) Does insulin needs to be kept in fridge?
    4) What were your results on insulin?
    Last edited by beastieboy; 15th March 2017 at 08:41 AM.
  12. #12 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Pre workout gave me the the greatest results because it starts to do the job right away enhancing your recovery in between sets and pushing nutrients and vitamins into the muscles because it depletes.
  13. #13 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beastieboy View Post
    Few questions.. Would appreciate if someone answered..

1) Is it actually worth the risk?
    2) Can I gain a lot of body fat?
    3) Does insulin needs to be kept in fridge?
    4) What were your results on insulin?
    1) Only when you are truly prepared for the next step.
    2) Probably if you don't have your carbohydrates counted and you are consuming an excessive amount.
    3) Yeah
    4) I actually can't give you a precise answer but I guarantee I could see the results when I followed a strict morning/preworkout protocol five days per week for about two weeks. Muscles were bigger, rounder and denser.
    Last edited by Bro; 15th March 2017 at 08:42 AM.
  14. #14 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    In my opinion as being a newbie to insulin you should do it post-exercise at least the initial few times. you'll be able to determine better if you're going hypoglycemic post workout while relaxing rather than doing heavy deadlifts and feeling exhausted.. Are you light headed from the heavy weight or you might be going hypoglycemic?
    Also I think that people gain too much fat because they take much more fast-digesting carbohydrates than their body needs.
  15. #15 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    And one more beginner mistake is taking way too much simply because they don't understand how to read the insulin syringe..
    I've heard some guys taking 10 times more then they wanted to simply because they didn't know how to read it correctly. In my opinion insulin is harmless and effective when you know what you're doing. Many people say it is unsafe and deadly because they don't know much about it.
  16. #16 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    The things that you're asking OP are kind of basic and I believe you should put in the time and research before starting to use it, this is not something you should take lightly. So be sure you're prepared beforehand.
  17. #17 15th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    In my opinion as being a newbie to insulin you should do it post-exercise at least the initial few times. you'll be able to determine better if you're going hypoglycemic post workout while relaxing rather than doing heavy deadlifts and feeling exhausted.. Are you light headed from the heavy weight or you might be going hypoglycemic?
    Also I think that people gain too much fat because they take much more fast-digesting carbohydrates than their body needs.
    Thanks for the information! Very educational. Could you tell me how the PWO HLog cycle would look like?