• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 25th February 2017 
    Thanks

Question MT2 fat burning and insulin

Hey guys I was just wondering if mt2 actually causes fat tissue to be metabolised due to certain receptor activity, or if the fat burning effects that a bunch of websites claim are just from the reduced appetite commonly associated with mt2. Also i read something years ago about mt2 increasing insulin sensitivity - is this true? thanks.
    Last edited by Firehawk; 26th February 2017 at 12:20 AM.
  2. #2 26th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Don't know but I'm interested to read the responses!
  3. #3 26th February 2017 
    Thanks
    i THINK its just the decreased appetite buddy, search melanotan2 side effects.
  4. #4 27th February 2017 
    Thanks

MT2 Insulin sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering if mt2 actually causes fat tissue to be metabolised due to certain receptor activity, or if the fat burning effects that a bunch of websites claim are just from the reduced appetite commonly associated with mt2. Also i read something years ago about mt2 increasing insulin sensitivity - is this true? thanks.
    Believe me, this is true. VERY true! I am a type 2 diabetic, and have been taking MT2 for several years and during that time my blood sugar became very manageable. Recently, I stopped taking it for a few weeks and my blood sugar was through the roof! Without MT2 I would have to totally eliminate carbs like before! Since I monitor my blood sugar, this totally proves that MT2 increases insulin sensitivity in my opinion. Not sure whether resistance to MT2 results in insulin resistance...
  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeffG For This Useful Post:

JeffG2 (8th November 2017),zein (27th February 2017)

6. #5 27th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Improved insulin sensitivity means less fat to be stored and there is many more health benefit to that, but i would never think of melanotan as weight loss supplement, same with cinnamon - increases insulin sensitivity, supposedly good for weight loss but effect is minimal.

On the other side people generally don't use melanotan daily for long periods, maybe that is why there is not many weight loss reports
  7. #6 27th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Believe me, this is true. VERY true! I am a type 2 diabetic, and have been taking MT2 for several years and during that time my blood sugar became very manageable. Recently, I stopped taking it for a few weeks and my blood sugar was through the roof! Without MT2 I would have to totally eliminate carbs like before! Since I monitor my blood sugar, this totally proves that MT2 increases insulin sensitivity in my opinion. Not sure whether resistance to MT2 results in insulin resistance...
    Hi

if you say mt2 has direct effect blood glucose, do you reckon it could be dangerous for diabetics to use?
  8. #7 28th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zein View Post
    Hi

if you say mt2 has direct effect blood glucose, do you reckon it could be dangerous for diabetics to use?
    What I am saying is that from my experience as a type 2 diabetic, mt2 increases my insulin sensitivity as measured by my glucose meter. This was the primary reason i investigated mt2. This could be dangerous for a type 1 diabetic, but I am not qualified. If you google this subject you will find plenty of publications and youtube articles etc.
  9. #8 5th March 2017 
    Thanks
    That's interesting, thanks