• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 23rd February 2017 
    Thanks

Just took the leap

Started at .25 mg or less and now .5mg to 1mg per day often breaking up in 2 per day so .250 or .500 sometimes x 2

I started on 1st day of trip and had about 4-5 days of sun with above amounts. Very few sides took Claritin from start and never seemed to get much. Nausea some flush and of course the good side of sprouting some especially .5 to 1 mg

Since trip last 2-3 days more like .5 to 1 mg taken 1/2 in each dose for 2 doses.

I achieved slight tan some reddish tan like usual but doesn't appear much more brown although it appears slightly more maybe

My question is I want to avoid tan beds but can I continue the .5 to 1 mg next week or 2 until I see the change occur or Should I back off some. Now that I've tanned and 4-5 days of UV exposure, can I just take it and keep? I live in more Northern hemisphere and I don't want to really do tan beds. Have a lot of moles and no sign yet of much if any darkening. When will full effect be expected 2 weeks 3 or 4?
  2. #2 24th February 2017 
    Thanks
    what skin type you are?

you will need some uv ray exposure to keep hold on tan, at least once every 2 weeks, better once a week.

from what i have read here best method is to take melanotan only on days you go tanning, or day before.

how quickly tan develops depend on many things, hard to tell not knowing more.
  3. #3 24th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Some people tan easy some take longer. With melanotan most people if all done properly will have good tan within 1-2 weeks, for skin type 1 and 2 it can take longer. As mentioned above sunbed is mandatory.

I think you can maintain tan for some time just doing melanotan and no sun, but eventually it will fade anyway.
  4. #4 24th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Soccpla. I am type II barely blond hair light features I tan lightly but always burn first except not usually burn much on arms so I heard it could take more than the 1-2 weeks

I didn't take MT2 before I tanned I took it for 5-6 days of tanning so since I had that base I thought I could continue to build or load MT some after to keep tan longer
  5. #5 24th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dozwell View Post
    Some people tan easy some take longer. With melanotan most people if all done properly will have good tan within 1-2 weeks, for skin type 1 and 2 it can take longer. As mentioned above sunbed is mandatory.

I think you can maintain tan for some time just doing melanotan and no sun, but eventually it will fade anyway.

Thanks for info. I'm type 2 but early in first 9 days right now on 9th day of MT 2 including first 5-6 days or so with good UV. I've noticed maybe slightly more brownish tone but not much change yet. I thought if I continue not only keep tan longer but possibly tan deeper since I'm still so early in usage ? Or will that not happen without more UV even though I started with good UV exposure

I just don't want to damage skin more with tan beds if my skin hasn't really turned to defend the sun and protect me more with more brown base. Simply put you are seriously wrecking skin with tan beds if you are still type 1 or 2 until more eumelin brown kicks in. Thoughts?
    Last edited by KJ23; 24th February 2017 at 08:57 PM.
  6. #6 25th February 2017 
    Thanks
    I've read that you shouldn't take melanotan if you have moles.
  7. #7 26th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal O'Tan View Post
    You read wrong.
  8. #8 27th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Are you still resistant to MT2?
  9. #9 3rd March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Are you still resistant to MT2?
    It's been two weeks now and I've had 5 to 6 days of good UV exposure in southern US and actually have southern exposure at house and was able to get 2 more days of weaker UV in central US last weekend.
    I'm still .5 to 1 mg a day and while I am more light brown than red but not really changing to where people think I different person don't seem to be getting facial hair darkening or anything either or other hair which I would like

Do I still need daily or should I be backing off every other day or 1-2 per week only on UV days

I feel the nausea and often strong erections about 30 plus mins after but not getting big changes in skin tone. However more freckles and mole so you would think it's legit source hopefully

Again type2 skin barely and weigh 190-ish lbs male
  10. #10 3rd March 2017 
    Thanks
    Stay with that regimen and maintain sun exposure. I am three weeks in with .7 mg per day and I am extremely dark more than last year. This is only my second year but seem to be much more brown. Last year I think I was using too much as I was using .7 twice a day.
    Just keep it up once you get past a certain point it really starts to show.
  11. #11 4th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal GeorgiaGuy View Post
    Stay with that regimen and maintain sun exposure. I am three weeks in with .7 mg per day and I am extremely dark more than last year. This is only my second year but seem to be much more brown. Last year I think I was using too much as I was using .7 twice a day.
    Just keep it up once you get past a certain point it really starts to show.
    OK thanks are you getting sun every day are still using .7 on your off UV rays or are you getting UV every day.

I'm heading into my third week and it's minimal change I'm between a type one/ type two is that what your skin type is?
    Last edited by KJ23; 4th March 2017 at 12:34 AM.
  12. #12 4th March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal O'Tan View Post
    I don't think they say you shouldn't take it it's just beware that you will gain more moles and some of them could darken color just from the Melanotan 2 which of course moles changing colors can also be a sign of cancer so that if we want to keep getting skin check by dermatologists and minimizing sun damage
  13. #13 4th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I am a type 2 and using .7 everyday whether I get sun or not. I have been using a stand up tanning bed and also using regular sunlight on the weekend. The key is getting exposure, at least for me. It seemed last year my freckles were a little darker at first but I did not get the exposure I should have. With getting exposure almost daily 10 minutes in tanning salon and outside exposure 20-30 minutes it has really made the difference...just my 2 cents.
  14. #14 21st March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firedan5415 View Post
    You read wrong.
    How you getting on fire dan any news?
  15. #15 27th May 2017 
    Thanks