• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 31st October 2016 
    Thanks

Confused about Melanotan 2 dosage - please help

I have purchased some Melanotan 2 from my local pharmacist, it is not a particular brand but a compound created by the pharmacist himself.

It is 6ml in a vial (this is the first thing that I am wondering about as I always read people purchasing 10ml vials?), and is dosed at 2000mcg/ml.

My pharmacist has recommended that my dosage be 0.1ml/day every day for 3 weeks then 0.1ml twice a week for maintenance.

From what I have read this would appear to be an extremely low and therefore ineffective dosage. Should I follow the dosage recommended by my pharmacist and see how I go, or should I up the dosage? And if I should up the dosage, what dosage should I then run it at? I am a 200 pound male with skin that tans quite well.

Thanks in advance.
  2. #2 31st October 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is it pre-mixed product? if your vial is 6ml 2mg/ml then you have 12mg melanotan vial, i have only seen standard 10mg vials, but then i have also never heard melanotan being sold at pharmacy, where you are from?

You don't need to take melanotan daily for 3 weeks, in fact you don't need to take it daily at all, so called melanotan pre-loading is optional and there is no set number of days you have to do it, you load melanotan until desired skin tone is achieved, then you maintain it with shot once or twice a week.
  3. #3 31st October 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    Is it pre-mixed product? if your vial is 6ml 2mg/ml then you have 12mg melanotan vial, i have only seen standard 10mg vials, but then i have also never heard melanotan being sold at pharmacy, where you are from?

You don't need to take melanotan daily for 3 weeks, in fact you don't need to take it daily at all, so called melanotan pre-loading is optional and there is no set number of days you have to do it, you load melanotan until desired skin tone is achieved, then you maintain it with shot once or twice a week.
    I am from Australia. It is already in liquid form so yes pre-mixed. If I don't need to take it daily then how often? - I thought one was required to take it daily until the desired tan is achieved and then they can cut it back to once or twice a week.

Also, at 2mg/ml, how much should I inject for each dose? What are your thoughts on the dosage the pharmacist has recommended?
  4. #4 2nd November 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well what i meant was 3 weeks of daily injections is excessive. If you take it daily and have some good uv ray exposure 2 or 3 times, that should do it, obviously yes, if you go tanning once a week then it can take 3 weeks, in that case you would be wasting your mt2 with daily injections.

But you got it right take it daily until you build your tan.

500mcg daily is good for a male, that will be 0.25ml from you vial. If you use 1ml insulin syringe that's 25IU
  5. #5 2nd November 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    Well what i meant was 3 weeks of daily injections is excessive. If you take it daily and have some good uv ray exposure 2 or 3 times, that should do it, obviously yes, if you go tanning once a week then it can take 3 weeks, in that case you would be wasting your mt2 with daily injections.

But you got it right take it daily until you build your tan.

500mcg daily is good for a male, that will be 0.25ml from you vial. If you use 1ml insulin syringe that's 25IU
    Ok great, thanks for your help.