• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd September 2016 
    Thanks

Peptides and Cancer HELP

Hi
    Ive just joined this forum and i was going to buy peptides online for bodybuilding, i had testicle cancer 14 years ago now, when i was 22. Had no problems since, im fit and healthy. I filled out the online form and said that i had cancer in the past and i was rejected they said i was a high risk person and they wouldn't sell me anything. So i went to a different site that sells peptides and answered no to having cancer before, i was approved and can now purchase them online. I just want peoples opinion and if anyone else has had cancer before and are using peptides, im cancer free and have been for 14 years surely ill be fine. I just want to use them to speed up the process, it wont be an extremely long term thing, i cant see it being a problem but apparently they reckon it could cause the cancer to grow at an alarming rate ( that's if i had cancer, but i don't). So what do people think about it, surely smoking would be more harmful and all the other shit that i could be breathing in.
  2. #2 22nd September 2016 
    Thanks
    "Peptides" is wayyyy to unspecific haha. What type of peptides are you contemplating using and where are you getting them? I have never filled out a questionnaire whilst buying bodybuilding/tanning peptides so I really am curious as to what you mean. I am going to assume you mean HGH related peptides. I'd have to say that I believe this would be a very bad idea for you If the people who will profit from selling these peptides to you are refusing to do so. I must add that I and the vast, vast majority of people who use this forum are not medically trained to the point where we can advise whether to use/ not use peptides, but in my own opinion, I would say that it is a very foolish/risky thing for you to consider.

And to answer the last bit, no it wouldn't (in my opinion). I'm no expert on testicular cancer but if it's anything like the other sexual organ cancers, they can be profoundly affected by an endocrine disruption, (a raising/lowering of HGH, test, progesterone oestrogen etc.) Smoking and other carcinogens may have an accumulative affect but hormonal disruption in some cancers can be like a nuclear bomb.

The best way I can express how I feel about your situation is to to tell you what I would do if I was in your situation.And if i was, I would not take the risk. It sucks man, but gains are not worth a repeat of the turmoil I assume you endured.

Good luck with this man. Again only my opinion, but that's all I can give
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TanMan For This Useful Post:

shan (23rd September 2016)

4. #3 22nd September 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks for your opinion mate. I'm in Australia and the site i was referring to was peptides direct. You fill out a medical questionnaire before you can order online and basically if you've ever had cancer they wont sell anything to you.

What i was looking at getting was SARMS-s22 forte combined with the CJC1295 + IPAMORELIN combination Peptide.

I know it might be risky because i have had cancer but it was 14 years ago and ive been healthy since.

So are you saying that peptides can cause or trigger cancer? or is it if i have cancer and not know it can increase the speed and growth of the cancer.
  5. #4 23rd September 2016 
    Thanks
    Yes speed and growth. I want to reiterate the fact i'm no oncologist but the rudimentary knowledge of cancers i have is that hormones can play a pivotal role in exacerbating cancers. You know, things like estrogen modulators, things we take to stave off estrogen sides whilst on cycles like serms, clomid etc and aromatase inhibitors like exemestane are actually breast cancer treatment drugs. Their sole purpose (at the moment) is to treat types of breast/ estrogen cancers. I'm only following suit with male reproductive cancers and the hormones that affect them. Now, HGH related compounds do not directly affect the the testes (to my knowlege) and will not have the same endocrine disruptivness as an AAS cycle, but i'd be very surprised if they had no affect whatsever.

What I'm getting at is, is that the people that would make a profit off of you, doctors opinions, and my own gut feeling (however little that's worth lol) would say it's just a risky thing to consider. I hope you've posted this in a more active forum or have had someone with a better background then myself to answer your question, because i feel other people need to chime in and point out what they think I or you are saying is incorrect. But at the same time if i could convince someone to stay away from something that could potentially fuck them up, I kind of have to. I mean, god forbid your cancer returned, your body would be flooded with what is essentially growth factors. They do not discriminate between the vast amount of tissues in your body so if a cell turned cancerous you would be igniting a fire and putting it out with petrol.

Don't want to be "that guy", but have you ran it passed a doctor? I know "understanding" doctors can be hard to come by but they are out there and if you are dead set on what you want to do, they will tell you their unbiased opinion as a means of potential damage limitation if you convince them you are truly sure that you will go ahead it regardless.
  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TanMan For This Useful Post:

shan (23rd September 2016)

7. #5 23rd September 2016 
    Thanks
    Hey mate your a legend, your opinion means a lot to me and i totally understand where you are coming from. You know a lot more about this then me, i had only heard about peptides a week ago and have done a bit of research since. Really i don't have much idea at all, but from what i know it is similar to steroids which i have never tried and also safer, so i thought awesome i will give it a go.

I haven't ran this past anyone, in fact you are literally the first person i have spoken to about it lol. This site popped up and i thought i would start here first, its funny because when i was knocked back on the website they didn't give a reason so i went on chat and then they basically told me because i had cancer it was a risk, im guessing they are probably covering there ass also in case something happened and i tried to sue them or whatever. Anyway after going backwards and forwards and getting nowhere they said if you can find a doctor that will allow it in writing we will be more then happy to sell the product to you.

So as you said if i spoke to a doctor about it i could probably get my own way depending on there thoughts and being realistic about it all. I will try other forums i guess, not having a lot of feed back here, i really want to find some people that have had cancer like me in the past and are using similar peptides, not sure if thats going to happen though. I need to do more research on it, but at the end of the day i know its up to me i guess.
  8. #6 23rd September 2016 
    Thanks
    No problem mate

But yeah I'd do a fair amount of research/asking around if I were you. You'll eventually find someone more "in the know" about your situation then I am.

Good luck