• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 11th July 2016 
    Thanks

Cool Starting Melanotan for the first time

Hello,

I'm 25, fair skinned (Skin type 2) - I tan very, very slightly from one shade of white to a slightly darker white if I've been on holiday for 3 weeks and been really careful in the Sun.

I've looked and tried to study melanotan for the last 3 years, I've tried lots of different things such as MyTan Bronze tanning tablets and nothing seems to work - For me its a confidence thing and I really like to be tanned - Currently I look like death (and not even warmed up).

I'm sure people get sick of newbies visiting the forum and asking novice questions, I've tried to read as many threads as I can, all of which have been really helpful however for someone who has tried lots of different tablets, medications, gels etc I thought I would blog my experience along with photos to help all those other terrified first timers.

My biggest concern at present isn't the actual product, but its the sellers, I don't know which websites to trust, who's selling fakes and who's selling the real McCoy and whilst I know we cannot endorse where to buy on this forum I wondered whether somebody could privately message me what they deem to be a responsible seller - If you could also let me know shipping times etc to the UK that would be fantastic.

Eagerly awaiting to start this trial and hopefully change my life for the better!

I've also read about Melanotan I and II - other than the general consensus that Melanotan I takes a lot longer to achieve results, could somebody list me the pro's and con's to both so I can clearly differentiate between the two?
  2. #2 11th July 2016 
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I've pm'd you
  3. #3 11th July 2016 
    Thanks
    Hit you straight back mate - thanks for getting in touch!
  4. #4 11th July 2016 
    Thanks
    No problem, found lots of info here but I also did lots of my own research. Oh, btw delivery time scale, arrived next day as I paid for delivery, look out for my post tomorrow when I've had time to write about it
  5. #5 30th January 2017 
    Thanks
    I ditto the OP original poster on fact that I will also be a newbie soon and apprehensive about supplier and about side effects and some of the more serious eye issues I've seen on forum

I'm also type II. My legs and arms will actually tan pretty well after always initial burn but it's light golden tan at most. Looks darker at night unsmder light but in day sunshine it would be light tan. I have blonde hair , lighter features and I'm also almost double age of OP so are there any worse issues with older men ? I'm in good health otherwise on HRT hormone replacement too

I've had some skin cancers pre HRT and have dreaded moles

But main concern is eye issue or severe health issue. And concerned especially if I use dreaded tanning beds which most dermatologists have told me never to use I'm worried if I have bad stuff I'm just burning my skin etc

If someone could IM me please
  6. #6 31st January 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Melanotan does not protect you from burning directly, don't think you will be safe from one shot of mt2. What it does is speeds up development of tan and make it last much longer than regular tan.

Tan keeps you from burning, not melontan itself, it does so indirectly.

What's up with your vision? melanotan-1 or 2 does not affect vision in any way. Only known side effects are post injection flush in face, some experience nausea with higher doses, these effects last for up to 1 hour.
  7. #7 3rd February 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks Semin, my vision is currently fine other than the typical needing of reading glasses for those of us over 40, 45. but I had read about some complaints back in 2007-11 range which you could find on some forums researching that.

so at 190 lbs male, I should dose at what to begin with? I'd rather not load if I don't have to. I would prefer to not use tan beds. If say I am going on trip in few months in southern US, and I want to start my dosage then, how much for how long leading up to that 4-5 days of sun hopefully should I use?

and will it keep in fridge for 1-2 or 3 months ok?
  8. #8 3rd February 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    0.5mg is a good starting dose, adjust from there depending on your tolerance or necessity.

You want to build some tan prior to going on trip? mt2 will do very little without uv ray exposure, it can be used that way to maintain tan, but not to build initially.

If you don't want to take it with you on your trip then have melanotan + 2-3 tanning sessions prior to going away.

Regarding fridge time, melanotan degrades even in fridge, longer you keep it weaker it becomes. 3 month would be max i would use single vial.
  9. #9 3rd February 2017 
    Thanks
    ok thanks Semin. few follow ups please.

1) is that 3 months max in fridge even if I haven't mixed them yet?
    2) so how should I spread out tan sessions before a trip? like every other day 2-3? or every day for 2-3 prior to trip and when would tan start showing?
    how long should I tan per session?

I don't want to be super dark, just rather brown from increased eumelin instead of normal reddish tan. I have to work few days before my trip so don't really want to be ridiculous dark before I go. Remember I am pale and probably between type I and II with fairly blonde eyelashes and eyebrows and hair...will any of my brows or lashes darken at all? Thanks.