• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 18th June 2016 
    Thanks

Melanotan Sensitivity/Tolerance

Seen a lot of posts recently about long term users stating that Melanotan is becoming less effective for them. Perhaps there is a large scale supplier issue, but it appears that the MC1R receptor can become de-sensitized to Alpha MSH/Melanotan. MC1R is the main receptor that Melanotan binds to that causes tanning and according to a Clinuvel patent this receptor can become de-sensitized. So taking a break should make everything go back to normal, similar to any drug tolerance such as alcohol.

"administering to the subject an alpha-MSH analogue in an effective amount and time to induce melanogenesis by the melanocytes in epidermal tissue of the subject without inducing homologous desensitization of the melanocortin-1 receptors of the subject"

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=9345911.PN.&OS=PN/9345911RS=PN/9345911
  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oblivion For This Useful Post:

Semin (23rd February 2017)

3. #2 20th June 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks for this information. While melanotan doesn't become less effective for me (I use only 500mcg/week) this is very useful for other members as I have seen multiple threads about this as well.
  4. #3 21st June 2016 
    Thanks
    Class thread Oblivion. I thought last year I took to much didn't take a break really no noticeable results. This year I'm pretty dark using the same stuff from my supplier as I was when I had no results prior.
  5. #4 22nd June 2016 
    Thanks
    I'm taking 2 months off, and will absolutely report back with my results when I resume MT2. I plan to be much more conservative with my dosing, as I was aggressive and definitely became addicting to having color.
  6. #5 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, even after 3 months off...I still can't get the MT2 to work. The first 5mg worth of injections resulted in nausea, that after that -- nothing.

No libido increase, facial hair darkening, or anything else to report.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  7. #6 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Same problem. Melanotan 2 not working for me anymore.

Trying to go off for a while. But still need some advice what to do? Maybe completely immune now to it ?
  8. #7 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raveya View Post
    Same problem. Melanotan 2 not working for me anymore.

Trying to go off for a while. But still need some advice what to do? Maybe completely immune now to it ?
    We're in the same boat my friend. I tried taking 3 months off, and I still can't get it to work any longer.
  9. #8 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah but what can we do??
    I'm getting mad. Is it possible that some bodies get completely immune forever to the peptide?
  10. #9 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah but what can we do??
    I'm getting mad. Is it possible that some bodies get completely immune forever to the peptide?
    any idea how long it takes for the MC1R receptor to up regulate? maybe it takes a very long time, i know some receptors take longer than others to normalize
  11. #10 12th October 2016 
    Thanks
    If anyone knows how long to wait till it's back to normal please tell us!

Don't wanna waste money anymore on this. Maybe our receptors are completely fucked :-/
  12. #11 12th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Same experience the first year using mt2 I went golden brown but now I don't get the same result sort of a dirty looking tan its been 2 years since I've used it still have a slight tan going to try mt1 to see I I get better results seems it acts on different receptors might even get some mt2 as well seems its been so long since I've used it so my tolerance should be reset
  13. #12 15th October 2016 
    Thanks
    Still need some more information about this receptor thing.

I try to stay off for 6 months now. I wanna use this stuff like it worked in the beginning
  14. #13 6th November 2016 
    Thanks
    Your receptors cannt be "fucked".
    You would be noticing it in MANY ways without taking MT2. we still dont understand just how many things MT2 effects(as in, what the receptors regulate. they function without Mt2 stimulating them also. it is only the tanning part that we tend to notice)

My protocol is normally taking none for amny months, up to 9 months, then taking it for a few months in the summer. normally only around 1 month. I get hella dark.
    though this year, I DID notice less sides and the erections were not present. Still got really dark. in outside sun.
    Was taking 1mg a day for about 2 weeks.

I consider that due to the magnitude of people complaining, there is a bad batch going around to most suppliers from the same lab. very possible. Or a rather old cache of 100,000 vials or more was discovered and re-sold. probably lost potency over time.

we will know more in a year or two. Just for reference, I have only used Mt2 for 3 years, and only for a short time of the year every year. Consider that i noticed it to have less side effects this year too. some of you have been taking this for 10 years and only just reported it this year. seems unlikely to be immunity.
  15. #14 7th November 2016 
    Thanks
    I would suspect purity
  16. #15 9th December 2016 
    Thanks
    any news about the immunity thing?
  17. #16 15th December 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I would suspect purity
    It's possible, but it would blow my mind that 10+ sellers would all be selling a junk product.

Do you have a reliable source? I'd be interested to see who you're using.
  18. #17 14th January 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firedan5415 View Post
    It's possible, but it would blow my mind that 10+ sellers would all be selling a junk product.

Do you have a reliable source? I'd be interested to see who you're using.
    what about you? Did you use some MT2 meanwhile - need some feedback from you
  19. #18 19th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Just to add to this thread... I tested multiple suppliers that others had decent results with, and am still in the same boat. I took a good 8 months off without any MT2. It appears that my body still doesn't like the stuff!

Does anyone know if MT1 would work?
  20. #19 20th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firedan5415 View Post
    Just to add to this thread... I tested multiple suppliers that others had decent results with, and am still in the same boat. I took a good 8 months off without any MT2. It appears that my body still doesn't like the stuff!

Does anyone know if MT1 would work?
    did you mix it with NACL?

I have ordered a new batch (it was quite expensive) but its working for me right now, not as strong as the first ever time use but its working quite good
  21. #20 20th February 2017 
    Thanks
    did you mix it with NACL?

I have ordered a new batch (it was quite expensive) but its working for me right now, not as strong as the first ever time use but its working quite good
    Bac Water, as always.

PM me your source! You're supposed to keep me updated!