• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 7th May 2016 
    Thanks

Question Melanotan-I for a skin type 1/red-head?

I'm a skin type 1/red-head, and planning to do something about my pale skin.

I would, strongly, prefer Melanotan-I since it is well researched and safer. This preference might be to an extent of MT-II not being an option at all. However, can I expect any reasonable results with MT-I, given my skin type? Within what time frame?

There's plenty of user experiences of MT-II on skin type 1/red-heads, almost exclusively positive, but I haven't found any of MT-I.

I have seen some mention doing a loading phase with MT-II, switching to MT-I for maintenance. This could, possibly, be an option - however I might come to the conclusion that MT-II is not an option regardless, out of concerns for safety.

My plan was to do a nasal administration. Again, it feels safer. If I just dose enough (like twice of what I would have injected), then nasal administration shouldn't be less potent than injecting, although the challenges to get results because of my skin type? Right?
  2. #2 18th May 2016 
    Thanks
    You haven't found any experiences about MT-1 because it is not very popular. Yes it is with less side effects but also it's much weaker in terms of results. And melanotan 2 isn't dangerous, yes it has few side effects that MT-1 don't have but I those side effects are completely bearable. So I would still go for MT-2.
    I'm not skin type 1 and I haven't used MT-1 so I can't really advice much about it.
  3. #3 18th May 2016 
    Thanks
    https://researchpeptides.com/5497-switch-mt-2-sunburn.html

Found a thread where someone says he is skin type 1 and has used 60mg of mt-1 without noticeable effects.
  4. #4 20th May 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link to the thread jaredwho. Would be interesting to know how long he were on Melanotan-I, it would be expected to have to use it for one or several months for any effect on skin type 1.

I did find a successful use case for Melanotan-I on skin type 1:
    Melanotan1 and Melanotan2: Melanotan 1

Dangers: I'm sure sides are bearable. But little is known, scientifically, about long term effects from Melanotan-II, whereas pretty much is known about Melanotan-I from the Scenesse tests. I'm thinking of long-term increased risks of skin cancer etc.
  5. #5 23rd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-a View Post
    Thanks for the link to the thread jaredwho. Would be interesting to know how long he were on Melanotan-I, it would be expected to have to use it for one or several months for any effect on skin type 1.

I did find a successful use case for Melanotan-I on skin type 1:
    Melanotan1 and Melanotan2: Melanotan 1

Dangers: I'm sure sides are bearable. But little is known, scientifically, about long term effects from Melanotan-II, whereas pretty much is known about Melanotan-I from the Scenesse tests. I'm thinking of long-term increased risks of skin cancer etc.
    Melanotan 2 was actually made to prevent skin cancer. It became very popular because of it's "side effects" like tan and libido boost.
  6. #6 24th May 2016 
    Thanks
    Melanotan 1 works, I have tried it on and off within the last 6 years. Dont be discouraged by the above users negativity towards it.

If you used a dose of around 0.25mg 2-4 times a day, after around 1.5 months you will begin to see nice colour coming through. I am skin type 1. Light hair, light eyes, freckles.

M1 > M2
  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PigeonHead For This Useful Post:

freaky (9th May 2017)

8. #7 1st June 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PigeonHead View Post
    Melanotan 1 works, I have tried it on and off within the last 6 years. Dont be discouraged by the above users negativity towards it.

If you used a dose of around 0.25mg 2-4 times a day, after around 1.5 months you will begin to see nice colour coming through. I am skin type 1. Light hair, light eyes, freckles.

M1 > M2
    OK, thanks for reporting your experience.

That's only 0.5-1 mg/day, why didn't you dose higher than that?

The guy in the blog post I linked to above went up to 4 mg/day.
  9. #8 1st June 2016 
    Thanks
    Im type 1 too, but with brown hair and freckles.
    I usually do MT2, but I tried MT1 one summer in the past just to see how it was.

I would definately inject MT1 over doing it nasal.
    What I found to be the negative about MT1 is its halflife. You have to inject just before your are going to get sun, and can't have the same flexibility you have with MT2.

I did around 1-1,5mg before tanning, and I got the same color as I do with MT2
  10. #9 1st June 2016 
    Thanks
    OK, thanks for sharing your experience!

Was 1-1.5 mg your daily dose?

Was the loading phase longer (in number of days/weeks) with MT1 than MT2 before getting the same color as with MT2? (That would be expected.)
  11. #10 1st June 2016 
    Thanks
    Because of the short halflife of MT1, I only injected before tanning. No need to inject on the other days.

I think it took about the same time. Should be no problem getting same results, just see how you react.

You can also try 1mg before tanning, 1mg in the evening. I got great results only injecting before tanning, so never tried splitting it up.
  12. #11 1st June 2016 
    Thanks
    OK, thanks for reply. Interesting.

So how long time was your loading phase (in weeks/months), before achieving desired color?

During this loading phase, how often, typically, did you inject+tan? Daily?