• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks

New/Alternative MC1R Agonists

Hi,

Speaking as what i would consider to be a long term user of the melanotan peptides (2011) i have a lot of first hand experience with both mt1 and mt2 and have had my ear to the ground through the years for anything related to either of them.

To me, Melanotan 2 is a wonderdrug in the grand scheme of things for the majority of those who decide to experiment with it. It does however have to be admitted its not without fault. I myself have had a chequered history with mt2. What i can directly attribute to the mt2 and not other factors is of course, unascertainable. But, as any long term user or frequenter to the various mt2 forums will concede, there is a general consensus that for a select few its just not suitable. This can range from poor tanning (myself), to unwanted, sometimes serious side effects (rare). This may be due to improper dosage, or a multitude of other reasons - but it can/does happen in rare circumstances and is rarely if ever seen with mt1, so go figure.

This is why I have such an interest in other increasingly specific and potent mc1r agonists. These are the alternatives, both available and planned that i am aware of so far and would love if anyone could add a link/opinion/info/correction related to these or better yet, an unheard of alternative!

(Once again, mt2 is by enlarge a wonderdrug for most, but i feel i speak for a lot of individuals - especially long term, that a more specific agonist is needed.)

Melitane: Topical. According to users in this forum and previous, not very effective. (in comparison to mt2)

Forskolin: Topical. Again according to others in forums not a real avenue of potential.

CUV9900 +VLRX001 : Both of these are topical to my knowledge. They're made by Clinuvel, the company that has gotten afamelanotide (mt1 implant), approved in Europe for EPP (a rare photosenstive disease). http://www.clinuvel.com/en/pipeline

Dr Zalfa Abdel-Malek : She is not a peptide lol, but herself and her team in Cincinatti are working on newer peptides. (would love more info)

That is all I am aware of at the moment.

Ps: To any prospective Mt2 users who might have second thoughts after reading this, don't. The vast majority of people benefit from usage, especially type ones like myself. So i say take the plunge. I just feel I want an alternative at this stage of my tanning journey. Thanks
  2. #2 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Zalfa malek is two years into a patent app for topical peptides with much shorter structures than mt2. They also specifically target tanning receptors. I think her peptides will ultimately be the best and safest tanning drugs and will eliminate the need for mt2
  3. #3 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Yeah i read that that was the problem researchers faced, that shorter structured peptides can pass through the skin but melanotan 1 was to large. It just bums me out a bit that it'll take so long before that's an option, if the patent app is only two years in. Still though, a truly exciting thought that there could be an actual topical tanner on the horizon and i'd agree with you that her and her team show the most promise.
  4. #4 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Not long man, it shouldn't take more than another year or two until it's ready for trials. Also the peptide structure is listed in the patent application, someone with rudimentary chemistry / biology knowledge could have it synthesised based on the information in the patent. I personally would be happy to invest some of the money in return for the peptide. It shouldn't be a difficult / expensive peptide to produce, probably easier than MT2 in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by TanMan View Post
    Yeah i read that that was the problem researchers faced, that shorter structured peptides can pass through the skin but melanotan 1 was to large. It just bums me out a bit that it'll take so long before that's an option, if the patent app is only two years in. Still though, a truly exciting thought that there could be an actual topical tanner on the horizon and i'd agree with you that her and her team show the most promise.
  5. #5 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    What happened to you TanMan? No second thoughts myself, just want to get the whole picture.
  6. #6 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by budabee View Post
    Not long man, it shouldn't take more than another year or two until it's ready for trials. Also the peptide structure is listed in the patent application, someone with rudimentary chemistry / biology knowledge could have it synthesised based on the information in the patent. I personally would be happy to invest some of the money in return for the peptide. It shouldn't be a difficult / expensive peptide to produce, probably easier than MT2 in fact.
    Thats very interesting Budabee, I had not thought about that. Are you aware if the patent is available now? If I had the money to contribute as well, I certainly would.
  7. #7 2nd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ismaele00 View Post
    What happened to you TanMan? No second thoughts myself, just want to get the whole picture.
    Well in terms of tanning, it just doesn't seem to do it properly for me anymore. I'd inject 1.4 mgs then go for a tanning session. Sometimes this would result in a somewhat, but not entirely even tan. Then there are other times it barely works at all. My knuckles and finger joints are noticeably darker than the rest of my fingers/hands and an almost dirty look on my face, with white patches and a general inconsistent look to it. It's infuriating to be honest considering how even/natural it used to look. It's as if certain melanocytes have ceased to function and are not improving their ability to tan any time soon. I'm hoping a new formulation of peptide will do the trick, but im also bracing for the thought that my tanning abilty will never return.
  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TanMan For This Useful Post:

ismaele00 (3rd May 2016)

9. #8 3rd May 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TanMan View Post
    Thats very interesting Budabee, I had not thought about that. Are you aware if the patent is available now? If I had the money to contribute as well, I certainly would.
    Patent WO2014081845A2 - Skin care compositions and methods comprising selective agonists of ... - Google Patents
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to budabee For This Useful Post:

TanMan (4th May 2016)