• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 17th April 2016 
    Thanks

How Melanotan II would effect old scars, acne scars, and acne spots ?

I appreciate melanotan does cause hyperpigmentation, but I was a little unsure as to how it would effect old scars, acne scars, and acne spots (?)
    I'm not really that interested in becoming very tanned; I'm a type 2 skin and I just want to have a decent colour year-round. Would it be possible to avoid the risk of worsening old scarring by going for a low-dose? Or will any dose sufficient to cause tanning also inevitably cause hyperpigmentation to old scars?
    Also, just to mention that when I use sunbeds , I always cover my scars and spots with sunblock, to prevent the UV rays from causing redness - so I would keep them covered up when using MT2 as well.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions! Basically, I'm just wondering what effect it has on old scars (from acne and mole removal), and if any sides related to these can be prevented with a low dosage?*
  2. #2 17th April 2016 
    Thanks
    The dose is insignificant in this context. MT does not have any effect on acne scars or scaring in general as far as I know, in terms of making it worse. (outside of freckles and some people who get scars or damage their skin report it taking much longer to heal while on MT2. I have experienced that myself. but existing scars from before using will not be effected by the MT alone.)

It's the sunlight which will effect your old scars and acne scars. tanning no matter how long will damage the skin, as the process of tanning is the body reacting to skin damage to produce a tan to protect it in the future. So each time you darken, you are exposing yourself to some damage, which will technically effect the scars. Everyone is different though.
    The benefit of MT2 is that it takes much less exposure to get the tan, so less damage.

So low dosage will have no impact at all unfortunately.

M experience with old acne scars is that it made them look better at the time, but after it faded i think they were a bit worse for it in some places. That is anecdotal though, may not be related to the tanning!
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to fabric For This Useful Post:

King (18th April 2016)

4. #3 17th April 2016 
    Thanks
    Thankyou very much for your response Fabric - I really appreciate it