• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 26th March 2016 
    Thanks

Not sure if it's working

So I recently purchased 2 vials of mt 2 in preparation for spring vacation and started taking low doses in the week leading up to my time in the carribean this week. I am type 1 and around 200 pound male. I've never had any noticeable color in my life and I'm not looking to get super super tan, just have some light color so I look healthy

I started off taking 200-300 mcg doses a day while going to tanning bed sessions every day to see how i would react, no flushing , but really no tanning effect. However I do think I have gotten more moles. After a week of that I did some reading and saw that body weight could effect how large of a dose you take so I upped my doses to 600 mcg, and have take about 3 of those doses so far here in paradise. I have gotten slight color that can be noticed indoors under favorable lighting but nothing noticeable outside in the sun, still bright as milk. Am I taking too much of a daily dose? Like I have dosed every day for about 9 days with out any ill effects but also not as much of a tanning effect. Should I continue dosing at this rate of Around 500-600 mcg a day? scale it back? Sorry for poor formatting, on mobile
  2. #2 26th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frogonthewall View Post
    So I recently purchased 2 vials of mt 2 in preparation for spring vacation and started taking low doses in the week leading up to my time in the carribean this week. I am type 1 and around 200 pound male. I've never had any noticeable color in my life and I'm not looking to get super super tan, just have some light color so I look healthy

I started off taking 200-300 mcg doses a day while going to tanning bed sessions every day to see how i would react, no flushing , but really no tanning effect. However I do think I have gotten more moles. After a week of that I did some reading and saw that body weight could effect how large of a dose you take so I upped my doses to 600 mcg, and have take about 3 of those doses so far here in paradise. I have gotten slight color that can be noticed indoors under favorable lighting but nothing noticeable outside in the sun, still bright as milk. Am I taking too much of a daily dose? Like I have dosed every day for about 9 days with out any ill effects but also not as much of a tanning effect. Should I continue dosing at this rate of Around 500-600 mcg a day? scale it back? Sorry for poor formatting, on mobile
    500 mcg a day should be PLENTY. I get very tan with half that amount, and Im a type 1-2. We do 250mcg a day and 15 min bed sessions. Within a month, we are dark enough that people make comments. You may try another supplier.
  3. #3 26th March 2016 
    Thanks
    I don't think it's a supplier issue if he's getting moles. Taper down your dose and be patient, me and other type ones I've known take quite a while to see results, especially when you first start. You are getting your body to do something it has never done before i.e. produce eumelanin. A week loading, and a week on vacation is nothing, it took me 4 weeks to see results on my first try at 250mcg a day.
  4. #4 29th March 2016 
    Thanks
    I agree with Budabee, this stuff can sneak up on you. Its a good sign your moles are darkening.
    Try and get a dose of real sun, I think its better than tanning beds.
  5. #5 29th March 2016 
    Thanks
    8-12 weeks of constant exposure of the skin to sun/beds combined w/ m2 for type 1's to get some serious changes. 9 days is absolutely nothing, this is a cycle that don't forget is changing your whole skin complexion. 1st you'll need to get a base tan, then look for other changes w/ regards to your armpits being whiter than your body, your legs/arms appearing a little darker if not much and the area you inject should IMO, be darker than say your neck or face just for an example, small changes increase as time goes on. All you need is just a base colour then it should escalate pretty smoothly you won't even notice how fast. Remember it's just not something to be overlooked when you think of it changing the whole image you see of yourself but of how others view of you.
  6. #6 1st April 2016 
    Thanks
    It took me 3 weeks to notice any change, and I am the poster child for type I. I was taking 1 mg a day and going to a low dose tanning bed 3x a week. Now, before MTII I was so white I once got sun poisoning from 3 minutes on a bed and some guys working at Atlantis waterpark in the Bahamas told me "Man, you've got the whitest legs I've ever seen" and I've been told I'm "whiter than draculas ass". Within 2 weeks of using MTII I was maxing out the bed at 15 minutes. After 1 month I went on a cruise already tanned pretty good, while on the cruise I became that really nice golden brown color and occasionally put some SPF 30 on my shoulders while sitting on the lido deck all day. I've got red hair but my facial and pubic hair turned black for a few weeks, now it's back to a more normal shade, but still darker. I'm currently taking 1mg 2-3 times a week. I've never been tanned in my life and now I have a ridiculously good one.
  7. #7 1st April 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
    It took me 3 weeks to notice any change, and I am the poster child for type I. I was taking 1 mg a day and going to a low dose tanning bed 3x a week. Now, before MTII I was so white I once got sun poisoning from 3 minutes on a bed and some guys working at Atlantis waterpark in the Bahamas told me "Man, you've got the whitest legs I've ever seen" and I've been told I'm "whiter than draculas ass". Within 2 weeks of using MTII I was maxing out the bed at 15 minutes. After 1 month I went on a cruise already tanned pretty good, while on the cruise I became that really nice golden brown color and occasionally put some SPF 30 on my shoulders while sitting on the lido deck all day. I've got red hair but my facial and pubic hair turned black for a few weeks, now it's back to a more normal shade, but still darker. I'm currently taking 1mg 2-3 times a week. I've never been tanned in my life and now I have a ridiculously good one.
    Do you look weird with red hair and a dark tan?
  8. #8 1st April 2016 
    Thanks
    No I don't think so, I have super dark red hair though. Lot's of people/friends question how I got so tanned so quickly when I'd never been tanned my whole life.
  9. #9 2nd April 2016 
    Thanks
    There are plenty of red headed people who tan, I think it actually looks really good when red heads have a light tan.

In Australia they call the difference between red heads who can and can't tan - nightwalkers vs daywalkers
  10. #10 3rd April 2016 
    Thanks
    So a quick update, definitely have gotten some color and some comments on the color from others which is awesome, first time in my life ive felt comfortable outside. One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a fair amount of red in the color I have gotten, and Im wondering if other type 1s who first started out had the same? Did it eventually turn to all brown or fade?
  11. #11 4th April 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frogonthewall View Post
    So a quick update, definitely have gotten some color and some comments on the color from others which is awesome, first time in my life ive felt comfortable outside. One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a fair amount of red in the color I have gotten, and Im wondering if other type 1s who first started out had the same? Did it eventually turn to all brown or fade?
    im in the same position as you, im skin type 1. but have more dark brown hair. have been going about 3 weeks so far, but dosing very sparingly (7-8 shots of 0.25mg in 3weeks) i have noticed freckles and moles darken and the rest of my skin seems a shade darker but more of a red colour that brown. let me know how you continue to get on

edit: also are you gettign any nausea? and for how long post injection?
  12. #12 4th April 2016 
    Thanks
    I only got nausea and flushing after my first two injections, haven't had any sides after injections since that. Where did you get your MT2 from?
  13. #13 4th April 2016 
    Thanks
    What do you mean by a red colour? You could be sun burnt
  14. #14 5th April 2016 
    Thanks
    I don't think it's a burn, cause it doesn't sting. But sometimes in certain lights it looks more red than tan. That's the best I can describe it
  15. #15 6th April 2016 
    Thanks
    Certainly you can expect to become very brown within a month or 2 with no redness. Enjoy