• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 18th March 2016 
    Thanks

Red face My Melanotan healing adventure!!

Hi,
    Thought I'd share how Melanotan has changed my life!
    Five years ago I was diagnosed with a rare skin disorder called Hailey-Hailey disease, every wet season (I live in Far north Queensland, Australia) my skin will break open from any friction, I couldn't jog anymore. These lesions would grow and grow, I had them on my back from hiking and wearing a backpack. At night I would be in agony trying to sleep but they would itch and burn.

I tried a lot of remedies (some that could've caused major liver and kidney damage) and spent a lot of money on creams and various voodoo tonics

I just finished my first vial and within one week of loading myself with Melanotan my skin was healing!! I couldn't believe it! Now I have no new lesions and have fully gone into remission, I can now jog, swim and do the things I love, and gotten a lot of self confidence.

I can't believe Melanotan isn't approved, apart from feeling a tad nauseous after injections I haven't had any side effects at all!

Anyways, just thought I'd share my story...I think I will be on Melanotan for the rest of my life.
  2. #2 18th March 2016 
    Thanks
    That is truly awe-inspiring, incredible and i don't think i've heard of anything like this. Is there a chance it wasn't MT-2 healing your skin but maybe healing itself, if it was the peptide healing you i think you should go to the people who made Melanotan (Clinuvnel) and tell them of your experience as it could help other people with Hailey-Hailey. It isn't approved because it requires an injection and is looked down on because it is an injection with needles. They're basically protecting the people who buy from online and have no knowlege of what they're actually doing will misuse or do harm to themselves hence the "scary stories" to put them off. I researched Melanotan for a good 18 months before i took the plunge. I know you can use nasal spray but it literally takes forever to get results/success. Other than your skin improving which is great are you tanning yet or just loading up which infact is a waste of time but maybe in your situation it isn't and then go to solarium? Intrigued to how you get on
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkers For This Useful Post:

4. #3 20th March 2016 
    Thanks
    That is great that it is helping you.

A phase 1 study of Scenesse (16mg slow release implant, same molecular structure as MT-1) showed that it was extremely helpful for HHD.
    "In 2012, the first proof of concept open-label pilot study of afamelanotide in HHD was carried out in two female patients (age 53 and 61). At the time of the start of the study, the patients both had existing skin lesions and ulcerations which had been present since their adolescent years.

Following afamelanotide treatment, the lesions began to visibly decrease in size and totally disappeared by day 60. The clinical remission was also reflected by an improved QOL measured by the Medical Outcome Survey Short-Form 36 (SF-36). No adverse reactions were reported. Both patients experienced moderate skin tanning, as expected on the basis of the secondary pharmacology of SCENESSE®. Disease recurrence was only seen in the patients eight months after completion of the treatment (Biolcati et al., 2013). By comparison, only few complete or partial remissions are reported in the literature."

A physician led phase 2 study is being conducted and the results should be released soon hopefully. After that, if results are positive, hopefully Clinuvel pursues a Phase 3 and then submits an application. Since you're in Australia, I'm not sure when you could possibly get it without traveling to Europe or the USA.

Phase II study of SCENESSE® in rare skin disorder Hailey-Hailey Disease commences - Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals
  5. #4 22nd March 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, I tried getting on the Scenesse trials in Melbourne but they're over. I would be void for any future trails as I have self injected Melanotan, but this was the risk I took as I needed to be healed straight away. I was bed ridden in December, couldn't walk!

@Walkers - I have been tanning it up, Australia doesn't have any sunbeds so I have been doing it with natural sun. I am only injecting one a week and I haven't had any new lesions or blisters.
  6. #5 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyMcTan View Post
    Hi,
    Thought I'd share how Melanotan has changed my life!
    Five years ago I was diagnosed with a rare skin disorder called Hailey-Hailey disease, every wet season (I live in Far north Queensland, Australia) my skin will break open from any friction, I couldn't jog anymore. These lesions would grow and grow, I had them on my back from hiking and wearing a backpack. At night I would be in agony trying to sleep but they would itch and burn.

I tried a lot of remedies (some that could've caused major liver and kidney damage) and spent a lot of money on creams and various voodoo tonics

I just finished my first vial and within one week of loading myself with Melanotan my skin was healing!! I couldn't believe it! Now I have no new lesions and have fully gone into remission, I can now jog, swim and do the things I love, and gotten a lot of self confidence.

I can't believe Melanotan isn't approved, apart from feeling a tad nauseous after injections I haven't had any side effects at all!

Anyways, just thought I'd share my story...I think I will be on Melanotan for the rest of my life.
    I have Hailey Hailey and have been researching Melanotan. I am so glad to hear your story. Trying to find help with the disease. I would Love to ask some questions. Where do you get the Melanotan?
    How much do you take? And how often do you take it?

I am looking forward to seeing if this will work for me I wil Be so excited to have Hailey Hailey free days.
    Last edited by Smichel; 7th December 2017 at 03:03 AM.
  7. #6 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    How long After you took Melanotan did it take for your skin to heal?
  8. #7 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    How long did it take for your skin to heal after taking Melanotan?
  9. #8 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    How long did it take for your skin to heal after taking the first dose of Melanotan?
  10. #9 7th December 2017 
    Thanks
    Sorry did not mean to post that so much. I am learning how to work sites.
  11. #10 4th February 2018 
    Thanks
    Hey there,

I too have Hailey Hailey and am going through a rough bout with it right now. I wanted to ask you what the protocol for you an melanotan was? Im getting my first shipment this week and not too sure how to load it and take it for our skin diesease. Any info would be greatly appreciated.