• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th March 2016 
    Thanks

Melanotan hair darkening but no material degree of tanning..

I am type 1 red hair. I have taken roughly 50mg so far.
    My hairs got darker and my privates have become tanned, but nowhere else. It's strange. I've gone to tanning booths, roughly five times or so.

Just wanted to see if anyone took a really long time to react over their whole body?

Cheers
  2. #2 9th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Gday Fish,
    I am a reasonably new user of Melanotan (only one month in), you might gain something out of my tanning story.
    I am a type two - brown hair , fair skin and some freckles and moles.
    My melanotan was already pre-mixed and I started loading straight away - injecting twice a day for two weeks (10units on my syringe) - after one week I noticed all my freckles and moles darkening so I went in the sun for half an hour tanning each side (one hour in total) and got slightly burnt. I waited to heal and kept on loading then after two weeks I noticed my skin going darker and was tanning for ten mins each side every day for a week building my tan slowly.
    After two weeks I went to maintaining stage as I was happy with my skin tone and I look and feel great, I am getting so many comments on my tan and how blue my eyes are now as they really stand out.

I haven't noticed any of my hairs going darker. I have noticed its taking a long time for my upper legs to go darker and my butt (probably cause it hasn't seen much sun in the past although my foreskin is heaps darker than the rest of my body....I just wish it looked bigger haha I can now say I am black from the waist down "D
  3. #3 9th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    hey, if you have taken 50mg (5 vials? really?) and not gotten any real results you must change your supplier as soon as possible. It's true that red hair people take longer to tan, but not that long. Can you tell me more about your melanotan cycle, how you run it, dosages etc... it seems strange that you have used 50mg and been to tanning booth only 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    My hairs got darker and my privates have become tanned, but nowhere else. It's strange. I've gone to tanning booths, roughly five times or so.

Just wanted to see if anyone took a really long time to react over their whole body?

Cheers
  4. #4 9th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Cheers
    Sunlight. If you are only getting tanning beds it won't be effective. I had the same thing when I first started, then two days in 30c sunshine and I was dark. Either wait until summer, or book a trip to somewhere warm for a week - the fact your genitals and hair have darkened is as good an indicator as you'll ever get that the peptide is working.
  5. #5 9th March 2016 
    Thanks
    I have been taking 1mg a day, everyday. I have only gone on the sunbed a few times because I wanted to know my skin was ready before doing so, that's why its only been in the last 3 weeks.

I will try and get a holiday booked then ha. I would think that the UV rays are the same from any source though, be it sun or sunbed? I'm starting to think my skin just ain't got the pigment to start with... melocytes is it? But my genitals clearly have haha.
  6. #6 10th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with tanning beds, i use them all the time as there is no hot sun most of the year where i live. Same uv rays in solarium, it just depends how strong your tanning machine is, just as real uv rays, in some countries stronger than other.

Quote Originally Posted by budabee View Post
    Sunlight. If you are only getting tanning beds it won't be effective.
  7. #7 10th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Semin View Post
    There is nothing wrong with tanning beds, i use them all the time as there is no hot sun most of the year where i live. Same uv rays in solarium, it just depends how strong your tanning machine is, just as real uv rays, in some countries stronger than other.
    Have to disagree uv from tanning beds is not as efficacious as natural uv especially for type ones who need long exposure to develop a base tan. He will have better results from a week in a hot country than from tanning beds
  8. #8 13th March 2016 
    Thanks
    So let me get this right, you have taken that amount with no UV exposure in 50 days just a "couple of sunbeds" is that correct?.. if so, you should know the peptide will do absolutely nothing tanning wise just hair will get darker like you said. If you take 1mg a day its far to much - rest assured you only need half that amount for great results. I must state it's imperative you take it on days you plan to tan, miss days you won't. It won't do anything if you miss days, so don't panic. I'm type 1 also and i feel it changed my life when i was on it, plan to go back on. very soon. My skin is a tad shade darker even without taking for a while really. I say it again only take on days you tan, everyone has ability to tan just not albinos so it is wrong you won't unless you're albino. Your hair is red\blonde, blue eyes? It will take 8 weeks tanning everyday or ish to get you to a great level imo.