• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: PCT question

1. #1 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks

PCT question

Is it an ok protocol to to do clomid at the beginning of PCT then overlap some nolvadex and stop the clomid. And then a couple weeks later, do an AI for a few days? Sorry if this is dumb I have tried to do my research, thanks for any info...
  2. #2 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    AIs like anastrozole and letrozole must be followed up by a SERM to mitigate an estrogen rebound, but it's unnecessary to use one at the time you specified.

You can use one during the last 7-14 days of your cycle while the esters eliminate from your system somewhat, followed by the use of clomiphene to start your PCT. You can start clomiphene even if there is circulating esters still active. Try to steer away from letrozole unless you can suspend it or something similar to get accurate doses.

Overlapping clomiphene with tamoxifen is fine.
  3. #3 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Cool thanks. I thought I had read in some older post that it's recommended tossing in an AI at the end of PCT just for a few days, maybe that is outdated information though.. Thanks for the input.
  4. #4 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zholtok View Post
    Cool thanks. I thought I had read in some older post that it's recommended tossing in an AI at the end of PCT just for a few days, maybe that is outdated information though.. Thanks for the input.
    I remember seeing the same thing that you did. I was curious about this as well as I don't remember the purpose of the AI towards the end of PCT.
  5. #5 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Yep I introduced some aromasin in for 3 days at the end of my PCT. I have to say that overall I recovered quickest I ever have using this PCT protocol.
  6. #6 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
    Yep I introduced some aromasin in for 3 days at the end of my PCT. I have to say that overall I recovered quickest I ever have using this PCT protocol.
    And would that be like 10 mg or 20 mg aromasin for 3 or 4 days?
  7. #7 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zholtok View Post
    And would that be like 10 mg or 20 mg aromasin for 3 or 4 days?
    Yes, I used 10mg for 3 days.
  8. #8 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    It is really dependent on individual circumstances.

The idea is to lower levels of estrogens at a time when T is a bit lower than it has been. The idea is that with slightly less T than before (due to stopping SERMs), "normal" estradiol levels (or particularly, elevated ones) can stop the progress from the PCT to some degree.
  9. #9 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    You can start with Clomid for 3 weeks and reduce the dose and overlap it with Nolva in week four. Dose Nolva for 3 weeks thereafter. After around 7 weeks in the last day of Nolva, you can introduce an AI and run that by itself for three to four days.